Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How does the Nirnhoned work?

llSRRll
llSRRll
✭✭✭
If I have 3 items with it does it add up 18% x 3= 54% or is it just 18%? I've been playing since release on ps4 but have finally started to get into crafting a bit and would like to know more about it. Thx in advance for any advice.
Edited by llSRRll on December 4, 2015 5:07AM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No it doesn't stack like that (anymore). It only increases the spell resist from that single piece of armour which has the trait.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, so, you essentially have 18% / 4

because of the pieces without the trait..
    N64 NA EP
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    So if you dont have the nirnhoned on all of the pieces you would only have 4.5%? Hmmm that does not make any sense to me smh. That means if I'm rocking all heavy armor (7 pieces) if I dont have all of them nirnhoned I would only receive 2.5% per piece?
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    advice from a crafter, learn all the nirnhoned weapons first before learning the other traits.

Since they changed the way nirnhoned worked on armor its undermined its value in PVP (not sure about PVE) as it was the best way to mitigate damage. To give you and idea I was around 45k spell resist on my DK, which allowed me to run around in the middle of 75+ keep fights spamming abilities without any fear of dying (just the fear of lag).

Since they changed it to only affect the piece it is on, you don't get nearly as much spell resist as you once did. So now there are better ways to mitigate damage using impen/reinforced on armor. Nirnhoned still is viable for weapons tho.

I would still learn them as some 9 trait armors you can make are viable in both PVP and PVE. IE twice born star and Morkulden.
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you get a bigger benefit from nirnhoned on chest pieces vs something else like a belt? Is it worth running over divines/infused/reinforced for a tank? If so, on what pieces?
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends. Nirn on big pieces can be good depending on what you need. I run reinforced on chest. Infused on other big pieces and divine on all small pieces. And nirn on my dual swords.

There's too many variables to say what would be good for you though.
    Edited by myrrrorb14_ESO on December 5, 2015 1:30AM
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    What if I put nirn on all my armor pieces and use Alessia and Hist (for physical res)? Then on top of it use the mudus stone for spell resistance too? Would that be a decent PvP armor set?
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Every peice of armor has a slight amount of spell resistance automaticly built in, when you nirnhone it you raise that amount on that peice.

same applies for weapons and spell pen.
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant