The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Re-Open account transfers?

Lexxypwns
Lexxypwns
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So I know console transfers were a touchy subject and a lot of people thought it was a terrible idea. I personally agree, because nothing was done to ensure there wasn't exploiting (borrowing millions of gold and tons of gear/tempers/mats, etc from guildies before transfer), also because there was no cap on champion points and no catchup mechanic. However, now that there is a champion point catch up mechanic in place, I think it may be a good time to re-visit opening up server transfers, be it NA PC to EU PC, NA ps4 to NA PC, EU PC to NA xbox, etc.

Obviously there would need to be a hefty fee in crowns, to ensure that people aren't just switching all the time back and forth, or that if they are ZoS is getting bank off it. Also, I think all items on the account would need to become bound, the account would need to lose all gold, and all mats on the account at time of transfer, when used to create something, would create a bound item. This eliminates any threat to the economy that could be caused. I also think it would be important that it be a true transfer and not a copy as it was previously.

Just curious about the communities opinion on this, my wife and I both play, but because I wasn't actively playing ESO when the console transfer window opened I wasn't able to transfer to xbox and so now we're stuck playing on different platforms unless I want to start a new account, which, having 150+ days /played on my account I'd prefer not to.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be averse to this, but I don't like the idea of binding all the items to the account and losing all your gold. Granted, I was not one of the PC transfers that exploited the system. I did not take out lots of items/gold from guild banks. I intended to transfer to console to continue playing on console and have not touched my PC account since. I transferred with all the items/gold I had earned to that point through normal gameplay and not through some greedy item/cash grab.

So, while I understand the idea behind these restrictions, I would not like them if I were to transfer just so I could play on the same console as my friends and continue my character progress.

Also, the intention behind the PC transfer was to get console players started in ESO due to the delay of the console launch. They could play on PC until the console versions were released and then transfer their progress. The problem is, they made this offer open to all PC players who purchased the game prior to June 2014 or something (don't remember the exact date). So, PC players who played since launch could get in on the deal and certainly had a lot more progress and items than someone purchasing the game at the time the deal was offered.

I know this has been a hotly debated issue, and I am in the minority as a PC transfer who plays casually and has yet to reach VR16. I'm sure I have less Champion points than many console players who've only been playing since 6/2015.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be less of a debate if they'd just out and say that they can't merge file libraries without risk of permanently damaging either existing or transferred data or both. For the transfer deal, they were basically copying accounts to a server with no permanent account data on it.

Seems like the easiest way to put it to rest.
    signing off
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this a gt
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    So I know console transfers were a touchy subject and a lot of people thought it was a terrible idea. I personally agree, because nothing was done to ensure there wasn't exploiting (borrowing millions of gold and tons of gear/tempers/mats, etc from guildies before transfer), also because there was no cap on champion points and no catchup mechanic. However, now that there is a champion point catch up mechanic in place, I think it may be a good time to re-visit opening up server transfers, be it NA PC to EU PC, NA ps4 to NA PC, EU PC to NA xbox, etc.

Obviously there would need to be a hefty fee in crowns, to ensure that people aren't just switching all the time back and forth, or that if they are ZoS is getting bank off it. Also, I think all items on the account would need to become bound, the account would need to lose all gold, and all mats on the account at time of transfer, when used to create something, would create a bound item. This eliminates any threat to the economy that could be caused. I also think it would be important that it be a true transfer and not a copy as it was previously.

Just curious about the communities opinion on this, my wife and I both play, but because I wasn't actively playing ESO when the console transfer window opened I wasn't able to transfer to xbox and so now we're stuck playing on different platforms unless I want to start a new account, which, having 150+ days /played on my account I'd prefer not to.

I think this is a great idea

How about the catch is if you switch you can only bring a max of 350cp with you.

I dont want people who exploited glitches from last year with 1000cp flooding in and ruining pvp on console
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this a gt
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I think this is a great idea

How about the catch is if you switch you can only bring a max of 350cp with you.

I dont want people who exploited glitches from last year with 1000cp flooding in and ruining pvp on console

There is already a cap, I don't see why it is relevant how many they have. I'd personally be all for it if I that's what it took to get transferred but I don't know if anyone else would be ok with paying to lose CP
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if people could move the contents of an account on one platform to a new account on another platform. It sounds like it could be a big mess though.

Transfers would have to be only to fresh accounts. Merging accounts would be a mess and they definitely do not want to get n the business of deleting content to make space for transferred characters. This probably means that if you have ever played on a console, you can never transfer to that console because your account is tied to your account on the console (correct me if I am wrong about that). You could transfer to PC as many times as you want, but each transfer would require buying the game again on PC.

There is also the issue of what criteria should be used to decide if a transfer can be made to a particular new account. This is an issue if you consider that we could see people buying character copies from others in order to get top gear bound to their new account. One way to decrease this problem would be to make transfers transfers, not copies. Allow people to move their account to a different platform, but it means they lose the contents of the account on the old platform.