Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any reason for bookshelves with lorebooks after update?

NewbieKenobi
NewbieKenobi
✭✭
Prior to the update a while back some bookshelves would grant a skillpoint upon 'reading' them. Now all you get is a lorebook. What is this lorebook good for? Is there any point in hunting down every bookshelf you pass by in the game or can I just skip them all together now?
Xbox One | EU | SWE

"- People say you are what you eat, but I don't remember eating a f*****g legend."

Join our all swedish cross alliance guild Det Svenska Lejonet, we are always looking for more active swedish players! Join us for Pledges, Dungeons, Trials and more!

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prior to the update a while back some bookshelves would grant a skillpoint upon 'reading' them. Now all you get is a lorebook. What is this lorebook good for? Is there any point in hunting down every bookshelf you pass by in the game or can I just skip them all together now?

I believe the lore books level you mages guild. I never got a skill point from the books, I did get occasional level increases to things like light armor or dual wield from the books.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you go to a bookshelf the first time you read a book you get a skillpoint ( if that book would give skillpoints, not all do ). After you have read that book once, it will no longer give you a skillpoints.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am yet to find a bookshelf that gives a skill point,

They increase your Mages guild level by 5 per book read,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭

I think what you are seeing is the result of the Eidetic Memory perk you get after finishing the mages guild questline. I believe that you can still find skill books, but there are only 83 of them. Go to the skill book list in the eidetic memory collection to see what ones you've found. All other books that don't have skills will be logged as lore books.
    Edited by CJohnson81 on December 4, 2015 6:32AM
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!