The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very scarce Rubedo Leather

Kublakan
Kublakan
✭✭✭
Ive been hunting for rubedo leather since Wrothgar came and by Malacath, its outrageously rare! My NB is Vet9 all skill points in clothier, so could it be because im not vet16? If its the case, well its still way too much scarce compared to other mats.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen others post about this but I honestly think it's just as common as ancestor silk. I don't use leather but have been saving it anyway and have amassed nearly 300 rubedo leather since IC launch. I don't farm, I just collect nodes when I see them and decon all v15 and v16 gear I loot from mobs. I can't accurately compare cos I use my silk, wood and ingots but it feels like I collect as much leather as I do silk. Leather and silk aren't as common as ingots though, and this is probably intended as ingots get used for both armor and weapons. To know for sure just check guild store prices; if leather is consistently more expensive than silk then it's probably more rare.
    PC | EU
  • Kublakan
    Kublakan
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I didnt talk about guild store prices... First, its rare to find a guild selling leather and when you find one, it has like one or two leather set up for 400gold, no im not even kidding.

So far, ive decon everything and especialy hunt for leather scraps. Only using some for the daily writ, I have a total of a little over 300 leather, which is very little giving the amount needed to craft a full set of V16. Compared to other tier or other mats of the same tier, its quite scarce. I use all the mats of this tiers since i craft all professions. Thx for your input.
    Edited by Kublakan on November 28, 2015 4:53AM
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Kill everything including elk and bears. I get 1-2 piece drops on about 1 in 20 I kill.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kublakan wrote: »
    Yes, I didnt talk about guild store prices... First, its rare to find a guild selling leather and when you find one, it has like one or two leather set up for 400gold, no im not even kidding.

So far, ive decon everything and especialy hunt for leather scraps. Only using some for the daily writ, I have a total of a little over 300 leather, which is very little giving the amount needed to craft a full set of V16. Compared to other tier or other mats of the same tier, its quite scarce. I use all the mats of this tiers since i craft all professions. Thx for your input.

Go to the traders in Rawl'kha. They often have bundles of leather for sale.

But it is expensive.

And it is too rare "in the wild" - particularly given 130 for VR16 items.

A cynic might say it's ZoS's way of keeping IC relevant...

(Along with VR16 potency runes)
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, thus far, I have more than enough Ruby Ash than I can actually make use of and a lot more Rubedo Leather that just sits in my bank. Slowly selling stacks of 10 for a decent price, but I still gain way more each day of game time compared to Silk and Ingots.

@Kublakan what server/platform you on?
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kublakan wrote: »

That is the price that all the VR15/16 mats sell for. Unfortunately. Price is coming down, but not by much.

Edited by Nestor on December 2, 2015 4:50PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earlier this week I stumbled upon a way to get an instanced, low-level farming area for rubedo leather. I'm sure someone has thought of this before but I just stumbled upon it.

I was two-manning normal Wayrest Sewers with a low-level guild mate, he was running the dungeon for the first time at level 21 and I was knocking out the silver pledge on my v16. We scaled the dungeon to 21 and rolled though it without any issues. The interesting part was that even though I was not getting any xp or gear drops, I was getting leather off all the beast-like mobs at the normal shadowhide/rubedo ratio. I walked out of there with 15-20 rubedo scraps.

So conceivably you could group with a very low-level buddy or a character on an alt account, blast through Wayrest Sewers or another beast-heavy dungeon in 10 minutes or so and net yourself a small stack of rubedo. I plan on testing a bit more but it seems that you could get a decent rate of rubedo per hour, better than farming in Wrothgar and much safer than Imperial City.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noticed the same. A good way to gather leather if you need it for yourself. Still not a practical way to earn large quantities of gold. It seems the big time dealers are earning gold asking to buy Temporing Alloy and Kuta in area chat. Theres not really any efficient way to turn time into gold right now otherwise. I believe this very moment, farming public dungeons for Ancient Orc pages is going to give you a nice time/gold ratio but those pages will drop in value soon just like everything else.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you're not going to get rich farming level 10 spindle, but it does seem like I'll be able to gear my two stam builds before the next DLC drops.

Farming alchemy nodes and selling to vMSA warriors is probably the only sustainable source of income right now.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get about half as much leather as I do silk. The balance on the drops doesn't feel right because you get more wood than anything although folks use that the least, as it is only for weapons and shields for those that use them. I usually get enough to make a half a stack of leather, 1 stack of silk, 2 stacks of ingots, and 3 stacks of wood a week. (stack=200 refined)
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet six here with max clothing - I find the easiest way to farm the scraps is the Kennels(first delve in Wrothgar). I'm still getting too much shadowhide for my liking, but that's not terribly suprising.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Kublakan
    Kublakan
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Earlier this week I stumbled upon a way to get an instanced, low-level farming area for rubedo leather. I'm sure someone has thought of this before but I just stumbled upon it.

I was two-manning normal Wayrest Sewers with a low-level guild mate, he was running the dungeon for the first time at level 21 and I was knocking out the silver pledge on my v16. We scaled the dungeon to 21 and rolled though it without any issues. The interesting part was that even though I was not getting any xp or gear drops, I was getting leather off all the beast-like mobs at the normal shadowhide/rubedo ratio. I walked out of there with 15-20 rubedo scraps.

So conceivably you could group with a very low-level buddy or a character on an alt account, blast through Wayrest Sewers or another beast-heavy dungeon in 10 minutes or so and net yourself a small stack of rubedo. I plan on testing a bit more but it seems that you could get a decent rate of rubedo per hour, better than farming in Wrothgar and much safer than Imperial City.

Awesome, noted. And thx for the tip.