Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

mazabakh's house closed

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm stuck in "the king's gambit" quest. owayine is closed inside mazabakh's house and I can't find a way to get in. yesterday I got one key to get in the greedy gut and it worked. but today I was trying to do the quest and somehow everything is closed and I no longer have the key. so, I believe that there must be a third way in that I'm not finding. I also tried to get the key again but the guy who had it is no longer there. any ideas? this is probably easy but I'm not understanding :')
  • Elk
    Elk
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, DLC GAME PACKS

Dungeons & Group Content
    Dungeons
    • White-Gold Tower (Normal & Veteran)
      • Fixed an issue where the Planar Inhibitor could be tanked by pets; she can now only be tanked by other player characters.
      • The Adjudicator will no longer repeat herself incessantly, proclaiming your demise.

Public Dungeons
    • Old Orsinium
      • You will no longer be able to lure Pyre Keeper Rugdrulz away from his chamber.
      • Corpses in Old Orsinium can no longer be targeted.
      • You will now be able to see Nashruth die when you talk to him in Old Orsinium
      • Mercedene the Cursed’s clones are now named “Mercedene the Cursed,” and will now scale to match the boss.
      • Renamed the Old Orsinium Group Event to Malacath’s Chosen.
    • Rkindaleft
      • Renamed the Rkindaleft Group Event to Recharge the Batteries.
      • The Rkindaleft Group Event will no longer award a skill point every time you complete it. 

Imperial City
    General
    • Imperial City daily quests can now be completed concurrently instead of one at a time.
    • Made several adjustments to ensure you are guided to the proper locations when turning in quests.
    • Aminyon now displays proper lip synching with her words.

Itemization
    • All Ogrim, Daedroth, and Grevious Twilight will now properly drop Monstrous Teeth in the Imperial City and Imperial Sewers.
    • Fixed an issue where you were unable to obtain VR15 loot in the Imperial City that was normally available in the Live client.
    • Increased the drop rate of set items from the White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison dungeons by approximately 2.5 times their previous rate.

Patrolling Horrors
    • King Khrogo's Daedric Tremor will now stagger anyone who is attempting to block it. 

Orsinium
    General
    • Fixed numerous floating assets throughout the zone.
    • Fixed multiple issues with clickable objects in Wrothgar.
    • Fixed various areas where you could get stuck in the Temple of Ire.
    • Corpses in Frostbreak Fortress can no longer be targeted.
    • Friendly soldiers will no longer respawn instantly in Frostbreak Fortress.
    • Fishing nodes are no longer located in deadly Slaughterfish waters.
    • You will no longer find Echalettes attempting to climb tents in Wrothgar. Silly Echalettes.
    • Fixed an issue that was preventing some Wrothgar crafting stations from being usable.
    • You will no longer be able to climb outside the intended play area in Frostbreak Fortress.
    • The catapult strikes in Frostbreak Fortress will now damage you.
    • Reduced the number of enemies found in clusters of three in the following areas and quests:
      • Blood on a King’s Hands
      • Coldwind’s Lair
      • Exile’s Barrow
      • Fharun Prison
      • For King and Glory
      • Graystone Quarry
      • Morkuldin
      • Temple of Ire
    • You will now be directed to the cart from Auridon to Wrothgar in the event you haven’t completed the quest Invitation to Orsinium.
    • You can no longer pickpocket or kill a few NPCs in Orzorga's Waystation due to potential quest impact.
    • Moved some Craglorn-specific stolen items out of the pockets and safeboxes of Wrothgar, and replaced them with more appropriately themed items.
    • Updated the loot that drops from heavy sacks in Wrothgar so you will no longer receive leather and cloth simultaneously.
    • You will now receive an error message if you try to open a container that is above your Veteran Rank.
    • Repositioned some survey report harvestables in Wrothgar to sit more flush with the terrain.
    • Reduced the difficulty of the battle against Nikolvara in Nikolvara’s Kennel.
    • Fixed various camera issues with using cooking fires in Wrothgar. 

Art & Animation
    • Fixed several assets that could cause camera clipping throughout Wrothgar.
    • Improved Forge-Mother Alga’s animations during conversations so she always looks in your direction.
    • Tassets for the Trinimac Medium Armor will now appear when worn by female player characters.
    • There will no longer be any visible gaps between your neck and waist when equipping the Trinimac Light Armor.
    • Improved the lip-syncing for various NPCs in Wrothgar.

Audio
    • Fixed an issue where audio would appear to get stuck after transitioning to and from interiors and exteriors.
    • Replaced many instances of placeholder “robo-VO” with real VO.
    • Fixed an issue where some bear mount sounds mistakenly had Senche mount sounds.

Itemization
    • Fixed an issue where the Ancient Orc style motif Book and Chapters would state that they required Rank 9 in a crafting passive. This was never the case, and the Book and Chapters no longer list a tradeskill passive requirement (since one never actually existed).
    • The Regalia of the Orsimer King's Acquire Hint was a spoiler. Shh! We want everyone else to be surprised by what happens in Orsinium. The Acquire Hint has been altered to be less spoiler-y, while still being accurate and helpful in acquiring the Collectible costume.
    • Fixed an issue where some interactable objects were not displaying the correct tooltip text.
    • Fixed an issue where clickable items in the Ancient Orc style were displayed in your inventory as the more modern Orc style.
    • Fixed an issue where the icons for the Old Orsinium Sentry and Trinimac's Penitent Knight costumes were switched. They are now properly assigned to the correct costumes.

Item Sets
    • Hunt Leader: Fixed an issue where this item set's ability would not work properly if two player characters with the item set attacked the same target. We also fixed an issue where this item set's ability was not being correctly triggered by area of effect abilities.
    • Maelstrom's Destruction Staff: Fixed an issue where Lightning Staff heavy attacks did not fully benefit from this enchantment's bonus.
    • Trinimac’s Valor: Clarified the tooltip for this item set ability to state it will not trigger from shields cast on yourself.

Maelstrom Arena
    • Made several adjustments to the following weapons from Maelstrom Arena:
      • Decreased the damage over time on the two handed Maelstrom weapon.
      • Increased the bonus damage on the One Hand, Destruction Staff, and Bow weapons.
      • Increased the bonus to Weapon Power and Spell Power on the Dual Wield weapons.
    • Adjusted the Xivilai dialogue to better match the VO.
    • Arena 1
      • The Miasma snare now has a proper icon in this arena.
    • Arena 7
      • The Argonian Behemoth's Lingering Spit will now hit you more reliably.
      • The Argonian Venomshot's Arrow Spray will no longer erroneously display that it is interruptible.
      • You can no longer jump over Volatile Plant's Volatile Explosion ability to avoid being affected by it.
      • Volatile Poison can no longer be purged.
    • Arena 8
      • Reflecting Fiery Chain will now pull you to Valkyn Tephra.
      • Valkyn Tephra's Withering Bolt will now display properly when it is reflected.
      • Valkyn Tephra's Heavy Smash will no longer affect player characters who are immovable.
      • Fixed an issue where Valkyn Tephra's name was misspelled when speaking to Fa-Nuit-Hen.

Monster Abilities
    • Echatere
      • Ram now displays a telegraph.
    • Ogre Elder
      • Ice Pillars will no longer spawn inside the Ogre.
    • Priest of Trinimac
      • It is no longer possible to hit or channel spells on a leaping Priest.
    • Reach Mage
      • Flames no longer hit targets behind the caster.
      • Grasping Vines damage is now evaluated against player defenses.
      • Grasping Vines no longer partially fails when it is recast shortly after a successful cast.
      • Grasping Vines now displays a telegraph.
      • Increased the range of Grasping Vines to 32 meters.
    • Vanquisher
      • This monster will now throw a javelin instead of a sword.

Quests
    • Fixed multiple issues with the map pins for the following quests:
      • A King-Sized Problem
      • Forcing the Faith
      • Invitation to Orsinium
      • The King’s Gambit
      • Thicker than Water
    • A Cold Wind from the Mountain: The meat associated with this quest is now easier to pick up.
    • A Question of Succession:
      • Ulghesh can no longer be killed, previously blocking your quest progress.
      • Adjusted the overall conversation and theater scene for this quest.
      • The correct chief will now appear if you lie to Yazara and Laurig wins the duel.
    • Blood and the Sacred Words: You will no longer be blocked from using the Path of the Faithful when using a controller.
    • Blood on a King’s Hands: Chains can now be reflected, and Reflecting Chains will now pull you to the final boss. We also fixed various issues with the final battle for this quest.
    • Blood Price: Glagosh will no longer return from the dead if she is killed during this quest.
    • Draugr Dilemma: Fixed an issue where the map pins were not displaying for the stones associated with this quest.
    • For King and Glory: Your quest progress will no longer be blocked if you log out when meeting King Kurog. We also fixed an issue where abandoning this quest would still prompt you to talk to King Kurog.
    • Hidden Harvest: Fixed an issue where Eveli would not appear after leaving Frostbreak Fortress.
    • Invitation to Orsinium: Stuga will no longer appear after you accept this quest.
    • In the Name of the King: Fixed an issue where your quest progress could become blocked at certain points of this quest.
    • Long Live the King: Fixed an issue where your quest progress could become blocked if you left the area unexpectedly.
    • The Hand of Morkul: Fixed an issue where the quest progress would not properly update for everyone in a group.
    • Thicker than Water: The quest pins for this quest now correctly point to ogre locations.
    • Tinker Trouble: The Dwarven sphere associated with this quest will no longer despawn unexpectedly.

UI
    • Map pins will no longer send you through Wrothgar if you are outside the zone and tracking quests in other zones.

So I was looking up your quest and I couldn't find anything sorry;however, your quest is in Orisinium the DLC right? Because if it is then copying this quote( lot to read) shows that Orisinium has some glitches or something. So if you can't figure it out ask ZOS_..... or whoever you tell these thing with the help option in your 'Help' selection near guilds or friends icon and tell them what has happened. Sorry if I didn't help....but I tried.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it safe to cancel this quest and try again? something must be wrong, i really can't find a way in.

the quest doesn't say "repeatable" ...i'm worried that i may not be able to start it again and it is a main quest.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abandoning a quest makes it go back to as if you never took it, and you can go to the original Quest Giver and get a "Do Over".

Good Luck!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    Abandoning a quest makes it go back to as if you never took it, and you can go to the original Quest Giver and get a "Do Over".

Good Luck!

ok. thank you. i'm going to try that or else i'll never complete the orsinium main missions :)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elk wrote: »
    So I was looking up your quest and I couldn't find anything sorry;however, your quest is in Orisinium the DLC right? Because if it is then copying this quote( lot to read) shows that Orisinium has some glitches or something. So if you can't figure it out ask ZOS_..... or whoever you tell these thing with the help option in your 'Help' selection near guilds or friends icon and tell them what has happened. Sorry if I didn't help....but I tried.

Extremely LONG and useless post. Did you even bother to read those patch notes yourself? to see that they did not help?
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    I'm stuck in "the king's gambit" quest. owayine is closed inside mazabakh's house and I can't find a way to get in. yesterday I got one key to get in the greedy gut and it worked. but today I was trying to do the quest and somehow everything is closed and I no longer have the key. so, I believe that there must be a third way in that I'm not finding. I also tried to get the key again but the guy who had it is no longer there. any ideas? this is probably easy but I'm not understanding :')

Here is a hint.. @NeKryXe . I guess you talked to them the first time through and advanced the quest? If not, drop and restart the quest as others have said. But dont be surprised if you end up in the same situation.

Try finding another way into the house.. NOT the front. A LONG way around.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Here is a hint.. @NeKryXe . I guess you talked to them the first time through and advanced the quest? If not, drop and restart the quest as others have said. But dont be surprised if you end up in the same situation.

Try finding another way into the house.. NOT the front. A LONG way around.

i found 3 doors, all closed, and i got the key from a guy in the laundry, and in the map i had only marked the door at the greedy gut. for about 3 days i couldn't find any way in.

a few minutes ago i abandoned the quest, this time i stole the key from the guard, instead of getting it from the guy in the laundry, and immediately i had access to enter the house. looks like the other key was bugged :')