Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Writs Not Updating While Crafting

Shimmer
Shimmer
✭✭✭✭✭
Before the patch, if crafting items from a writ the item would update on screen while I was in the crafting station. Now to check how many of each i need to craft i have to exit the station and look at the quest. I have the memory of a goldfish so...lol

Anyone else experiencing this?
YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, this is happening a great deal when I do writs post-patch.
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me they do update, but it's delayed several seconds. It's forcing me to doublecheck and use my memory, which is ok, but I would prefer the instant confirmation that I crafted the right item.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh all the time, but even when I craft it and wait over 5m it doesnt update, ive used probs over 300 mats trying to get it to update with no luck. On another PC it worked fine with my char instantly. seems like something to do with my main PCs install?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder_III wrote: »
    For me they do update, but it's delayed several seconds. It's forcing me to doublecheck and use my memory, which is ok, but I would prefer the instant confirmation that I crafted the right item.

Same here. They do update.. it just take a long time. Forunately, I have an addon that shows a little piece of parchment with how many of what you need to craft.. and it updates faster ;)

I actually think it's part of the Cookery Wiz addon I have.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sllllloooooooowwwwwww
  • RizaHawkeye
    RizaHawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here ...
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

The heroes during times of war, are nothing but mass murderers during times of peace.

Riza Hawkeye

Learn to play, or resign to become one of pieces that is meant to be sacrificed.

Meridia
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this in another thread 2 days ago or so, I guess a new thread would have been better^^
    But yeah, I'm getting this, too, it takes aaaages for the message to show up on screen (if it does at all) of how many items we crafted already. It's really tiresome to wait for every single item. Even worse when you're used to do writs with several characters.. *sigh*

Edit: I sent a bug report already a few days ago, I hope they'll really look into it!
    Edited by Moonshadow66 on September 3, 2015 8:24PM
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    So as I posted in the crafting forum regarding this same issue... Craft one item. Leave the crafting station. Immediately re-use the crafting station and make the rest. Updates will fire in real time like they used to afterwards. The lag/delay is a "feature" of the new patch and works on first use.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this in another thread 2 days ago or so, I guess a new thread would have been better^^
    But yeah, I'm getting this, too, it takes aaaages for the message to show up on screen (if it does at all) of how many items we crafted already. It's really tiresome to wait for every single item. Even worse when you're used to do writs with several characters.. *sigh*

Edit: I sent a bug report already a few days ago, I hope they'll really look into it!

I didnt mean to offend you by posting another thread.....forgive me if I didnt see it....
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The threads are rolling off page one and two of recent so fast, it looks like a slot machine.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Use the updated Craftstore add-on. It's amazing, and allows you to see what you need to craft for writs, etc.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »

I didnt mean to offend you by posting another thread.....forgive me if I didnt see it....

Oh, no, I didn't mean it like this^^ I'm glad you posted a "real" thread, thank you :-)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    The threads are rolling off page one and two of recent so fast, it looks like a slot machine.

If it starts to show us bananas and cherries, ZOS should REALLY start to look into it! lol

• Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here .... :(
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Use the updated Craftstore add-on. It's amazing, and allows you to see what you need to craft for writs, etc.

Installing.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Installing.

Oooh yeah I have that one too.. So must be that add-on that tells me lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writs take up to 45 seconds to update individual items at times.

OTOH, selling/laundering loot at the outlaw's fence can take a while, too.

And I don't care what anyone sez, the sell/launder countdown to reset is borked, and does whatever it wants to sometimes.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Installing.

Oooh yeah I have that one too.. So must be that add-on that tells me lol

Yeah, it's great lol.

Installing.

Yeah, once I got it, I've never wanted to abandon it xD
    It's sooo useful, especially when you're doing every writ for every craft.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Puddycat
    Puddycat
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, this is super annoying for people with no memory like me. I have to keep closing out of the table to look cause it's quicker than waiting for the pop up.

and i tried that Craftstore addon but i get a load of errors at start up :/
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Experiencing that too, also, i think that if you leave the table before updating you dont get credit at all.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    R0M2K wrote: »
    Experiencing that too, also, i think that if you leave the table before updating you dont get credit at all.

I don't think so. I get the lag in notification (particularly for woodwork and clothing, less so for blacksmithing), and quit often the update only occurs when I've finished crafting and left the table. Some time later I'll get the notification that I've completed the writ items, but I've never lost credit for what I'd done.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Having this as well.

Seems like every new patch manages to smash another piece of code.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't understand how you all manage to do this quests. i only have to craft 6 superior items since more than one month ago, but it doesn't matter how many superior items i craft the quest never updates or even ends.

i wasted a lot of stuff doing this things for nothing. it's really weird.

probably there is a specific place to craft those items, but i didn't find it yet.