Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grinding BOT

MountainHound
MountainHound
✭✭✭✭
I reported this in a ticket but leaving it here now, maybe a mod can deal with it and report it appropriately. Thanks:

"BOTs grinding in grenumbra at ~13:00 on 01/12/2015

https://youtu.be/-lQeY_RtRYE
"

Got this reply:

Hey there Joe!

Thank you for taking the time to contact The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited support team. My name is Lino. It would be my pleasure to help guide you today, my friend.

If you believe a player is violating the Terms of Service, you can report them while in the game. To report someone in-game you believe is violating our Terms of Service or Code of Conduct, right-click on their name and select "Report Player". Providing as much detail about the player that is being reported as possible will aid us in our investigations.

Warm Regards,
Lino, Battle Mage and Servant of Tamriel
The Elder Scrolls Online Team

"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji, 1E947

Helping you is our passion!

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days).

If your issue has not been resolved, you can respond directly to this email. We look forward to working with you again should you need us!

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno if they're bots. After hours of grinding I start to work like a robot as well, completely ignoring everything and running through the same rotation on every mob.
  • Zohr
    Zohr
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I could believe they are bots. Their movement was very strange.

By the way, are you running this game on a potato?
    The Zohr-Father - DC Templar
    Zohritos - AD Nightblade
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    O the pattern they were in was exactly the same and went on for the 2h I was there. You can get them, I SEEN THEM
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure either OP. I've grinded for 5 hours straight while leveling. Same pattern over and over, and over and over....
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    But this direction was perfect, like on a rail track :smile:
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    Not sure either OP. I've grinded for 5 hours straight while leveling. Same pattern over and over, and over and over....

Bots cannot behave like humans. They simply don't. People do not behave like bots, either. No matter how much they think they can, they cannot.

Anyway, yes, that video shows what it looks like when someone is using automation software to play the game.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's botting. it's a popular program actually that Ive seen used since beta. Looks like they improved it some too to look a bit more like a player is at the helm.

You have to appreciate the directional changes the bots make as they are unnatural for a human. More specifically though is the pause for the program to determine whether there is an attackable mob at given waypoints.

And, it's pretty easy to google the exact program they are using. Pretty stupid of them to do that in a known popular grinding spot. The guys that don't get caught typically find out of the way places to run those things.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

Bots cannot behave like humans. They simply don't. People do not behave like bots, either. No matter how much they think they can, they cannot.

Anyway, yes, that video shows what it looks like when someone is using automation software to play the game.

Fair enough. I watched around the 4 min mark. The one is following the other on the exact same path.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evandus wrote: »
    More specifically though is the pause for the program to determine whether there is an attackable mob at given waypoints.
    Lol you mean like when I stop to look at my surroundings to see if there's a group of mobs near?

Not disregarding that this COULD be a bot, but you shouldn't be so quick to point the finger when grinding in MMOs is the most boring and robotic thing a human can do.
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Evandus wrote: »
    More specifically though is the pause for the program to determine whether there is an attackable mob at given waypoints.
    Lol you mean like when I stop to look at my surroundings to see if there's a group of mobs near?

Not disregarding that this COULD be a bot, but you shouldn't be so quick to point the finger when grinding in MMOs is the most boring and robotic thing a human can do.

I'd link you, but given your thin response even then you'd likely be too ignorant to know the difference ;)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be "quick" to say that this is something that should be reported to ZOS. Whether ZOS does anything about it, well, that is an entirely different, and probably much sadder, story.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭

I will be "quick" to say that this is something that should be reported to ZOS. Whether ZOS does anything about it, well, that is an entirely different, and probably much sadder, story.

Truth.

I spent the first 8 months of the game actively reporting confirmed bot accounts. My conclusion was it was too much loss of enjoyment playing the game for the results I witnessed.