Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do people get 4.7k weapon damage?

ChaosWotan
ChaosWotan
✭✭✭✭✭
I got 5 v16 gold Hunding armor (3stam/2 health gold glyphs), 2 Night Mother gold v16 armor (2 stam gold glyphs), 1 2h Gold v16 Night Mother maul (weapon dam gold glyph), 2 robust agility rings, 1 mana agility necklace, 1 mundus armor piece, warrior boon, purple 15 food, flawless dawnbreaker, no undaunted passives, and health glyphs on chest and legs. The result seems weak: 3462 unbuffed weapon damage. With forward momentum and merciless resolve my nb vamp, with all attributes in stam, get 4039 weap dam. This is in IC if that matters.

So my question is: how do some players get 4.7k weapon damage, given the fact that my gear, except necklace, is the best weap dam items one can get as far as I know? Is it my lack of undaunted passives, no stam glyphs in chest/legs and a mana agility necklace?

And can or should one go for 4.7k weapon damage without becoming a glass canon in vWGT? I am primarily pvp, a colonel, but like some hardmode pve too, so need to survive with my vamp who got rather low health outside Cyr.

Edited by ChaosWotan on October 12, 2015 3:56PM
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    well you could get molag kena's pauldrons, that would give you another 186 more (or something close to that, I don't remember exactly).
  • Flattedfifth
    Flattedfifth
    ✭✭✭
    ChaosWotan wrote: »
    I got 5 v16 gold Hunding armor (3stam/2 health gold glyphs), 2 Night Mother gold v16 armor (2 stam gold glyphs), 1 2h Gold v16 Night Mother maul (weapon dam gold glyph), 2 robust agility rings, 1 mana agility necklace, 1 mundus armor piece, warrior boon, purple 15 food, flawless dawnbreaker, no undaunted passives, and health glyphs on chest and legs. The result seems weak: 3462 unbuffed weapon damage. With forward momentum and merciless resolve my nb vamp, with all attributes in stam, get 4039 weap dam. This is in IC if that matters.

So my question is: how do some players get 4.7k weapon damage, given the fact that my gear, except necklace, is the best weap dam items one can get as far as I know? Is it my lack of undaunted passives, no stam glyphs in chest/legs and a mana agility necklace?

And can or should one go for 4.7k weapon damage without becoming a glass canon in vWGT? I am primarily pvp, a colonel, but like some hardmode pve too, so need to survive with my vamp who got rather low health outside Cyr.

A lot of peole take into account procs when they calculate weapon damage. Procs from Ravager/weapon enchants/Molag Keena and so on.

What's your regen with that set up if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: How many of your pieces have devines?
    Edited by Flattedfifth on October 12, 2015 4:27PM
  • jasonburkart90
    You are right there. People are reaching that weapon damage level with 2 pc molag kena proc. You get the initial weapon. Damage off the one piece and 500 or so off the proc
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of peole take into account procs when they calculate weapon damage. Procs from Ravager/weapon enchants/Molag Keena and so on.

I get upwards of 3.4K. And when you factor in abilities which add 20% more damage (hidden blade, Rally) you can significantly up your damage, especially if you're offsetting regen with drinks (e.g. 3X weapon damage enchants on VR16 jewelry).
  • gen_reynard2050
    gen_reynard2050
    ✭✭✭
    ermmm....if can get 4.7K w.dmg + 30K hp + 30K armor... evil-genius-smiley.gif?1292867590
    "What the lion cannot manage to do, the fox can".
  • Flattedfifth
    Flattedfifth
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »

I get upwards of 3.4K. And when you factor in abilities which add 20% more damage (hidden blade, Rally) you can significantly up your damage, especially if you're offsetting regen with drinks (e.g. 3X weapon damage enchants on VR16 jewelry).

Totally, I'm around 3,700/3,800 but with 5 heavy. My regen still around 1,000/1,200. I can't bring myself to have lower regen since i pvp solo on a stam DK 98% of the time.
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got gold weap dam on my jewelry. Stam regen is only 1001 with my vamp unslotted. 1 divines armor piece.

• acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorc's and Sorcs for that matter not get a passive boost to weapon and spell damage for every sorc ability slotted. So you can stack a few spec abilities to get 4 to 6%.

Weapon damage glyphs on all jewelry. Weapon damage glyphs on your weapon. One piece of Molag Kena.

A skirmisher, way of the air dodge roll or a ravager proc.
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do people also count sneak attacks? In sneak I get 3750-4327.

But still don't get how one reaches 4.7k weap dam, and if it will turn you into a glass canon or not.

• HPDark
    HPDark
    I was 4.5 before I switched mundus stones. Rally + dw + sneak I've gotten new gear and I'm almost done gearing up I need 1 more agil ring and eventually molag keena piece
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this thread makes me miss softcaps
  • gen_reynard2050
    gen_reynard2050
    ✭✭✭
    red-fox-emoticon-03.gif?1292871601 Click 1, and 2

Do I survive in PVP zone? Yes, I do. because I'm an expert assassin. crocodile-smiley.gif?1292867577 ..just joking.....giggle2-smiley.gif?1292867603
    Do I survive in Vet.dungeon? No, because my Hp below 20K. sad-smiley.gif?1292867665

ermm.. my build is mainly for pvp...but i still can solo any public dungeon or any world bosses.
    The question is, do you want sustain or burst dmg? becoz many players don't like low hp, low stam or low magicka....
    the playstyle is totally different like others build, becoz is squishy and need good map awareness, or u will keep die and die.

so yeahhh...it is possible to get 4.7K w.dmg with some buffs. good luck.

note: in pvp zone, thanks to battle spirit 50% dmg reduction, sometime I'm very very difficult to kill 1 good tank, and even give up to kill that tank.. btw, im OB player not newbie :D
    "What the lion cannot manage to do, the fox can".
  • Leifnier
    Leifnier
    ✭✭✭
    The highest possible weapon dmg goes to sorcs, then to templars I believe. In my buff campaign on my dw bar I sit at 4.8 with just crit surge up on my stam sorc. But I know that the highest damage achievable is well over 6k, but it is unreasonable. That would be infused weapon with rage enchant, 2pc moleg kena, 5 ravager, 5 hundings (counting weapons), max divines and warrior stone with 5 sorc skills slotted and flawless. Again, that's at the point of just being silly. You could actually add on procs from teammates wearing the assault set and the spell power cure for an extra 300 or so.
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought nb was the killer class in terms of weapons, but it's sorcs. Whine whine...
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
  • darthdawg1
    darthdawg1
    Soul Shriven
    D
  • RinOkumara
    RinOkumara
    ✭✭✭
    My friend is a 4036 unbuffed
  • darthdawg1
    darthdawg1
    Soul Shriven
    I am an Orc Stam dk, and only wear 1 peice Molag kena, I have 4445 weapon damage, and 1600 Stam regen, 50.8 crit. 20k health ,28kstam. 5 peice hundings, 1 blood spawn, 1 kena, 2 agility one handed, and 1 agility necklace, 2 endurance rings. If I get Molag kena Helmet I'll be hitting 5k weapon damage with the proc.
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 piece hunding
    3 Piece Agility (All weapon damage)
    2 x swords
    1 x Molag Kena
    4 x sorc abilities
    1 x Dawnbreaker (with the weapon passive)
    1 x Critical Surge
    1 x keep take.

Edited by MountainHound on December 2, 2015 1:29AM