The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Be careful which character is used to order the Fredas special that includes riding lessons!!!

pdarwin
pdarwin
✭✭
I am NOT HAPPY to see that the 10 capacity and 10 speed riding lessons came jointly into my email - that when pulled from my MAIL they were BOUND to the character - not bound to my account.

They CANNOT be moved into the bank and shared between my characters.

The toon that I was using opened the mail and the riding lessons were bound to only that one toon. I cannot deposit them into the bank.

IRONICALLY - my toon has 60/60/60 for his mount training.

I CANNOT USE THE RIDING LESSONS AT ALL!!!

Can this be fixed - please ??

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that and that sucks, but thanks for the heads up.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes, that's awful. They really need to make those account bound.

Thanks for the heads up as well ...
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • pdarwin
    pdarwin
    ✭✭
    Update on my issue with the riding lessons.

After I posted this, I presented a complaint - which has already been answered. They apologized nicely and asked for pictures of what happens when you try to use the riding lessons.

I didn't try to use the lessons as my character was 60/60/60 in riding. I didn't expect any functionality.
    However, after selecting it - it opened and revealed both riding lessons and Take - Take All options.

Simply TAKE them - either way - and then you can deposit them into the bank individually. They are useful to your other characters once in the bank.

APOLOGIES ALL!
    Knee-jerk reaction on my part. (due to frequent frustrations in gameplay...)

So --- this is a great deal - if you need the items included.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to post a picture of chicken little....but then I saw you figured out your error :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so it's actually a container of 20 individual +1 books, rather than an immediate double +10? That makes more sense. I seem to recall that you can't bank containers, so that would explain that. Maybe they should have made the icon look like a container rather than a pile of books.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Ah, so it's actually a container of 20 individual +1 books, rather than an immediate double +10? That makes more sense. I seem to recall that you can't bank containers, so that would explain that. Maybe they should have made the icon look like a container rather than a pile of books.

Agreed because many (including myself) were not aware of this. There isn't much help when the message says "This item can't be banked" or whatever it is rather than "containers can't be placed in the bank, please open it first".
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jokerz Fury
    Jokerz Fury
    ✭✭
    ... I didn't even get a choice to pull them from my mail. I bought it and it directly went into my inventory.

I really hope this is a glitch that they will fix... of course those of us buying it will buy it from our main character which more than likely for most of us, will have maxed out riding skills. I could really use those skills on a different character. That's weird it would be character bound and not account bound... ugh
  • Jokerz Fury
    Jokerz Fury
    ✭✭
    pdarwin wrote: »
    Update on my issue with the riding lessons.

After I posted this, I presented a complaint - which has already been answered. They apologized nicely and asked for pictures of what happens when you try to use the riding lessons.

I didn't try to use the lessons as my character was 60/60/60 in riding. I didn't expect any functionality.
    However, after selecting it - it opened and revealed both riding lessons and Take - Take All options.

Simply TAKE them - either way - and then you can deposit them into the bank individually. They are useful to your other characters once in the bank.

APOLOGIES ALL!
    Knee-jerk reaction on my part. (due to frequent frustrations in gameplay...)

So --- this is a great deal - if you need the items included.

LOL whoops, didn't read this until now. Thanks for the heads up on what to do. TBH, if I probably would have deleted it if nothing could be done with the package haha.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me to and I submitted a ticket and haven't got a response.

There was also no messaging in the packaging that said this was bound to just one character other items are transfersabke across your account through your bank these should be to.

Hopefully this either gets fixed or someone in game can move the times for you/me.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »

There was also no messaging in the packaging that said this was bound to just one character other items are transfersabke across your account through your bank these should be to.

Hopefully this either gets fixed or someone in game can move the times for you/me.
    @acw37162 It's only the container that can't be banked. The 20 individual books inside can all be banked like other items.

@pdarwin Perhaps you should update the OP with your revelations from post #4.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »

@acw37162 It's only the container that can't be banked. The 20 individual books inside can all be banked like other items.

@pdarwin Perhaps you should update the OP with your revelations from post #4.

I found that after I posted, thank you tho
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im also affected by this. I did the purchase with a char who was 60 on all stats already and can't transfer the book to another char via the bank. very poor form!

@ZOS_GinaBruno <- any chance of rectifying this issue?
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hamgatan wrote: »
    im also affected by this. I did the purchase with a char who was 60 on all stats already and can't transfer the book to another char via the bank. very poor form!

ZOS_GinaBruno <- any chance of rectifying this issue?
    @hamgatan As stated elsewhere in this thread, take the books out of the container and you can bank them individually.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought the same,but when I clicked on it,it opened up with all the lessons inside.I just put them into my bank and there they rest till I figure out which character gets them. Same with the other little bundles.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait what?!
    the sky is falling?
    I'll pass it along!
    It ain't easy being green.
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hamgatan wrote: »

ZOS_GinaBruno <- any chance of rectifying this issue?
    @hamgatan As stated elsewhere in this thread, take the books out of the container and you can bank them individually.

helps if i don't skim read the thread.. *facepalm*
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |