Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Bounty Board

i3ig_Gun
i3ig_Gun
✭✭✭
Ok, I’m sure this isn't an original Idea but I'm going to act like it is...

Since we can't use the forums to look for crafters for our armor and weapons, people at ZOS tell us to use the in-game kiosks for trading.

This isn't very helpful considering the kiosks are only good for posting items... not crafting a custom piece for a person to fill a gap.

How about this idea.

ZOS can put in a "Bounty Board" were players can type what they can craft and for other players to list for items they want made.

Only 1 bounty per 24hrs. can be picked up and up to 3 can be posted within that same 24hr period…

That way a player can say "I need 3 piece Hundings Rage, and 5 piece night mother with the weapon being 2 1hand swords with sharpened" (or w/e they are looking for just as an example)

A crafter can approach the board, look through the bounties requested, pick one they can do, go fill the bounty by placing the items in a "loot crate" to be sent to the requested buyer... they then can inspect what’s in the box and determine how much they want to pay or tip.

A request to pay or tip could also be implemented as the poster puts up their request for a crafted item.

Once the player receives the item, they will also receive a “business card” with the crafters name and potential items/traits they can craft.

I haven’t worked through all the details so feel free to post away with additional ideas, or to see if this is even a legitimate idea to even pass along to ZOS.
XBOX ONE - NA
GT: i3ig Gun
Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this idea posted before and love it. It is precisely what is needed to give crafting meaning in the game.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, we crafters need something to help out those non crafters.
    XBOX ONE - NA
  • cobra6z
    cobra6z
    Soul Shriven
    This is a perfect idea for crafters. They need to seriously consider this idea.
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    I like that idea but instead a board, they should add that to the guild trader
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love something similar to the crafting writs, except where players could put in the orders of what they need made, perhaps with their offered price or material donation. Perhaps the request would be posted for a limited time and you'd put in your payment when you list it, then when a crafter comes to the drop off point and deposits your gear they get the payment and the item is mailed to you or you get a notification to pick your item up at the pick up point. If no one fulfills your request during the allotted time you get your money/materials back and can list your request again. It would need to have a form that you could check off all the specifics, level, style, trait, and set for each item.

I know I would enjoy fulfilling requests like this for other players, and it would be more efficient than spamming a request or offer in zone chat until you find someone who can make what you need or needs what you can make, or running from kiosk to kiosk hoping that someone has just happened to craft exactly what you're looking for..... yeah right. I know as a crafter I'm not going to waste my materials, inventory space, and posting fees on randomly creating sets and hoping that someone out there who wants exactly that is going to see it in the guild store I put it in....only to have it returned to me taking up space again.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This idea borders along the lines of the global auction house everyone wants, but is still quite reasonable. Nothing wrong with wanting to have interactive player writs lol and this doesn't have to apply to just craftables either.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 24, 2015 4:17AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    i3ig_Gun wrote: »
    Ok, I’m sure this isn't an original Idea but I'm going to act like it is...

Since we can't use the forums to look for crafters for our armor and weapons, people at ZOS tell us to use the in-game kiosks for trading.

This isn't very helpful considering the kiosks are only good for posting items... not crafting a custom piece for a person to fill a gap.

How about this idea.

ZOS can put in a "Bounty Board" were players can type what they can craft and for other players to list for items they want made.

Only 1 bounty per 24hrs. can be picked up and up to 3 can be posted within that same 24hr period…

That way a player can say "I need 3 piece Hundings Rage, and 5 piece night mother with the weapon being 2 1hand swords with sharpened" (or w/e they are looking for just as an example)

A crafter can approach the board, look through the bounties requested, pick one they can do, go fill the bounty by placing the items in a "loot crate" to be sent to the requested buyer... they then can inspect what’s in the box and determine how much they want to pay or tip.

A request to pay or tip could also be implemented as the poster puts up their request for a crafted item.

Once the player receives the item, they will also receive a “business card” with the crafters name and potential items/traits they can craft.

I haven’t worked through all the details so feel free to post away with additional ideas, or to see if this is even a legitimate idea to even pass along to ZOS.

I have posted things similar to this a few times actually, we can't post on the boards about crafting and the organization in the guild stores is not all that great for listing set armor or specific things
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there are enough Writ Boards in the game to work for this.

I think you would need to add it to the Crafting NPCs to have enough to take all the orders.
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    ajwest927 wrote: »
    I like that idea but instead a board, they should add that to the guild trader

THAT Is a really good idea... that way the guild can make a bit of coin off it as well!
    XBOX ONE - NA
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    I'd love something similar to the crafting writs, except where players could put in the orders of what they need made, perhaps with their offered price or material donation. Perhaps the request would be posted for a limited time and you'd put in your payment when you list it, then when a crafter comes to the drop off point and deposits your gear they get the payment and the item is mailed to you or you get a notification to pick your item up at the pick up point. If no one fulfills your request during the allotted time you get your money/materials back and can list your request again. It would need to have a form that you could check off all the specifics, level, style, trait, and set for each item.

I know I would enjoy fulfilling requests like this for other players, and it would be more efficient than spamming a request or offer in zone chat until you find someone who can make what you need or needs what you can make, or running from kiosk to kiosk hoping that someone has just happened to craft exactly what you're looking for..... yeah right. I know as a crafter I'm not going to waste my materials, inventory space, and posting fees on randomly creating sets and hoping that someone out there who wants exactly that is going to see it in the guild store I put it in....only to have it returned to me taking up space again.

completely agree...

I enjoy crafting items for people, I love that they are running around with my name on there gear lol XD
    XBOX ONE - NA
  • Bnec
    Bnec
    ✭✭
    this is an amazing idea.
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Bnec wrote: »
    this is an amazing idea.

It is, we just need to fine tune it so maybe ZOS can implement something similar.
    XBOX ONE - NA
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One – NA

9 Traits – ALL Heavy Armors, ALL Woodworking, and 1 Hand Swords.

8 Traits – In ALL Weapons, Light and Medium Armors

ALL StylesEXCEPT – Glass and Orsinium DLC Motifs

Send Me An In-Game Mail or Xbox Message.

XBOX ONE - NA
  • toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO
    yea i was also thinking at something to help us the crafters but seriously this sounds like a very minor problem compare to others, like its not realy hard to join 5 guilds and put ur guildmaster mail all people that u can craft blacksmithing or alchemy.
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    yea i was also thinking at something to help us the crafters but seriously this sounds like a very minor problem compare to others, like its not realy hard to join 5 guilds and put ur guildmaster mail all people that u can craft blacksmithing or alchemy.

We don't have addons on consoles.
    XBOX ONE - NA