The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka DK tank PvE

chidiac1
chidiac1
Soul Shriven
Hey guys just looking for some help, searched some of the threads and couldn't find what I was looking for so I'm posting here. I wanna get back to leveling my DK Dunmer at vr 8 so I can use him to tank PvE content as me and my friends are always looking for a tank. I would also like to use him as a magicka dps and try him out as that aswell and so I want any opinions on whether or not a magicka DK tank is viable at end game PvE as this would prevent me from constantly having to respec skills and attributes.

Although I'm only at vr 8, the gear I will consider using at vr 16 will be 2 pc Engine Guardian, 5 pc Seducer, and 5 pc Footman (5H 2L). I will use S+B for both bars and my bar 1 would have extended chains, pierce armour, heroic slash, defensive stance, choking talons, ult magma shell. Bar 2 I would have draw essence/eruption, inner rage, igneous shield, green dragon blood or coagulating blood (unsure yet), volatile armour, ult (ferocious leap, standard of might or war horn).

I'm looking for any feedback as to whether or not anyone has used a similar build for endgame PvE dungeons etc and if they've had success or not, or what build they recommend I should run for tanking.
Edited by chidiac1 on November 27, 2015 4:36AM
  • chidiac1
    chidiac1
    Soul Shriven
    So no ones played a similar build and can comment on whether this build could be effective and work at endgame? I'm only asking about a magicka tank as I'm don't want to waste any of my mats crafting the wrong gear which could end up becoming obselete and I won't use it.

Also would it be better to simply swap the 5 pc Seducer for 5 Hist Bark even though I'm magicka?
    Edited by chidiac1 on November 27, 2015 1:06PM
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i'm not big on tanks but i'm pretty sure 5x footmans is still bis for tanking, but only for trials, it's pretty ott for dailies. For pledges and stuff you can get away without so much mitigation or block reduction so could go for a more dps orientated heavy armour set.

I know tanks that use Kagrenacs, Seducer, TBS, Julianos for tanking pledges, vICP and vWGT and they dont have any problems.

For trials, definitely 5x footmans then either Hist or Armour Master, but being a DK you might not need Armour Master as you get good resistances anyway, even more with spiked Armour or teh other morph.

And go for Coagulating over green dragonblood.

Edited by Shader_Shibes on November 27, 2015 10:24PM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just converted my tank to magicka, but I'm only VR1. I'm currently testing 5 magnus, 5 dragon guard, and 2 warlock as I level.