The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Poison Enchantment not working as a Damage Over Time?

Savos_Saren
Savos_Saren
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I was trying to add a few more DoTs to my build to proc Valkyn. I know that the Poison Enchantment used to work as a DoT, right? I recently put the poison enchantment on a sword and tested to see how often it would proc Valkyn. I got NOTHING. I also noticed that it only shows initial damage from a hit. No damage over time. I watch the health bar of the NPCs that I'd attack... it didn't lower over time. I attempted this for about 30 minutes on many NPCs... not once did Valkyn proc from a swing of my sword. (and Valkyn procs ALL THE TIME for my tank build) It has to be the enchantment that's flawed.

TL,DR: The poison enchantment only does damage on the initial hit. It does not seem to do any damage over time.

Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
Savos Saren
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the DoT was from cutting down the Healing Received, the Poison damage is all initial.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Poison Enchantments on Weapons are just extra damage of that sort, good for fighting Werewolves at least!

That being said though I've always wondered what makes Lethal Arrow's Poison Ailment different from regular Poison DoT...
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor

Perhaps so... I never got Valkyn to proc from the DoT, though. And, I just tried using a Fire Enchantment on my weapon. I fought several low-level trolls (because they can regen health and last longer in a fight). The Fire Enchantment didn't proc Valkyn, either. It showed a "burning effect"- and had some fire damage in the report... but nothing seemed to actually be a DoT.

As a matter of fact- eventually, a troll I fought died due to a 6k hit called "Explosion" (as written the in FTC damage report). So... does that mean that the Fire Enchantment has the ability to proc a burst damage called "Explosion" and not a DoT as initially thought?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire dmg can cause a Dot and Explosion proccs on targets with low fire res (Trolls)
    Poison Dmg can cause an Infection kind of thing which adds a DoT to Targets with low poison res
    Lightning Dmg can cause Disintegration to procc on targets with low Lightning res.

etc. etc.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.