Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

reinstalling game

Brightxdawn
Brightxdawn
✭✭✭
So I think I am going to move ESO my to e drive. If I delete the game and reinstall on another drive will I still have all my characters and stuff? So frustrated the new patch fkd me over.
  • Marukeru
    Marukeru
    ✭✭
    All characters should be saved server side to your account. So re-installing should have no affect on your characters.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Your characters/progress/store purchases will all be fine...As said above, that information is stored server-side, not on your computer.

If I remember correctly, the only thing you will have to "redo" are any game settings you may have changed or key-bindings you might have assigned.
  • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
    If you save your current ESO folder in My Documents, then copy and paste it back in after the reinstall, all your settings will be the same including your add ons.
    I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just copy the whole install folder away to my E drive, created a new shortcut to the launcher and viola all sorted..

You do not even have to reinstall unless you format,
    then you reinstall only the launcher,
    copy the game install folder to wherever the launcher is installed and off you go.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I think I am going to move ESO my to e drive. If I delete the game and reinstall on another drive will I still have all my characters and stuff? So frustrated the new patch fkd me over.

I did the same mistake, first installed to drive C, then had to move it to another drive, uninstalled, reinstalled, all ok. Everything is stored on your server, not your hard drive. Only if you had game addons (mods) installed, those are stored on your hard drive.

Don`t worry ;)
    Edited by altemriel on December 1, 2015 7:40AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    I just copy the whole install folder away to my E drive, created a new shortcut to the launcher and viola all sorted..

You do not even have to reinstall unless you format,
    then you reinstall only the launcher,
    copy the game install folder to wherever the launcher is installed and off you go.

wait, but are the computer registers not connected to the installed path on the drive? is your game now working ok? I would rather uninstal and reinstal it to be 100 % sure about that.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want then just install the launcher....

My game works fine...

I installed my daughters the same way,

Installed the launcher,
    when it want to download the game pause it,
    close launcher
    copy the ESO EU/ESO NA folder into zennimax folder where the launcher already has a folder...
    Rerun launcher and game is now installed..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)