Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does Meteor's damage scale off of Max Magicka?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Meteor (or rather it's morph, Shooting Star, which is what I'm interested in) deals fire damage to a particular enemy and all enemies around it.

I want to know if the damage for this attack scales off of Max Magicka like most spells in the game. My reason for confusion is that, well, it doesn't consume magicka on use. It's an ultimate, and I'm wondering if that causes its damage to scale differently to other spells.

In the event it DOES scale off of Magicka...what ultimates would you recommend for a stamina oriented player? I'm a Templar, so...all except one morph of my class skills is based on Stamina (Ugh. I wish I could switch to another class, this is THE worst for stamina).

As far as I can tell, there are no ultimates whatsoever that deal physical damage (at least none that Templars can access) so I'd really appreciate some advice on this.
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamplar is anything than the worst class^^.
    im pretty sure all ultis scale of the higher stat. means if you weapon damage is higher it scales of that.

it still deals magic damage, put it doesnt rly matter.

PS: and now im waiting for those players whining that its so unfair that stam players have to put cp in thaumaturge too if they want to enhance that ulti damage.
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All ultimates scales of your highest stat, no matter what kind of damage they deal.
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    stamplar is anything than the worst class^^.
    im pretty sure all ultis scale of the higher stat. means if you weapon damage is higher it scales of that.

it still deals magic damage, put it doesnt rly matter.

PS: and now im waiting for those players whining that its so unfair that stam players have to put cp in thaumaturge too if they want to enhance that ulti damage.

You kidding? Templars have 0 skills that use stamina (1 morph that uses weapon damage, and it's not even that great a skill). literally 0. Radial sweep, as an ultimate, is horrible (basically just you swinging a club...once).

There are only 3 passives that are remotely useful, and that's only because they apply even when an ability from that line isn't slotted.

• Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skayaq wrote: »
    All ultimates scales of your highest stat, no matter what kind of damage they deal.

That's really good to know. So by focusing all my attribute points into one stat, it'll boost my damage even further?
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No im Not kidding
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    No im Not kidding

How on earth do stamina Templars manage it? I'm planning on switching over to pure stamina soon, and I can't think of any of my class skills that I actually want to use (aside from those 3 passives I mentioned).

I find myself wishing I'd become a Nightblade instead.
  • TayDibiase
    TayDibiase
    ✭✭✭
    Lol stamplars being weak. I know some stamplars that are some of the best dps in the game on ps4 na server.
    Average is only the top of the bottom
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TayDibiase wrote: »
    Lol stamplars being weak. I know some stamplars that are some of the best dps in the game on ps4 na server.

I'll ask you the same questions I asked the other guy:

What class abilities to Stamplars use?

If they aren't using their class abilities, then they might as well just be another class. I'm asking you why being a Templar makes a difference.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Biting Jabs - Power of the Light - Repentance - Blazing Shield
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you very much!
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not exactly. A couple of them are restricted to either stam or magicka, only one I remember off the top of my head is DK leap. Stamina only. Which is complete bull ***, by the way.

rip decibel
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

Not exactly. A couple of them are restricted to either stam or magicka, only one I remember off the top of my head is DK leap. Stamina only. Which is complete bull ***, by the way.

How can I find out for sure?
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? You can measure dps on ps4? I sure as hell cant.

Alcast is/was one of the best stam templars in the entire game, he said his average dps was 18k odd.

A magicka templar, a stam or magicka nightblade, a sorcerer can pull 30k dps all the way up to 40k dps.

Tell me how 18k is better than 30k
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How can I find out for sure?

A quick respec if you don't mind shelling out the gold. Stack all magicka, cast the ultimate you want to test. Respec, stack stamina and do the same. If they're the same, it scales off both, if one is higher it scales off whatever stat was higher at the time. Probably best to do without weapons, gear, or CP to be sure, but that's another 3k on the respec.

Edit- since I don't know which you're on, you can see results either in the tool tips if you're on console or using combat add ons is another option for PC.
    Edited by Draxys on November 29, 2015 1:59PM

rip decibel
  • Sizzyy
    Sizzyy
    ✭✭
    Dude biting jabs for single target is killer. Steel tornado is the best aoe in the game fullstop. And repentance pretty much let's you spam it forever at end game. All ultimates scale off the higher stat. Stam in your case obviously regardless of the damage type for the ability. Puncturing sweeps is the magicka morph of biting jabs and it's critical rating comes from weapon crit percent which doesn't help a magicka build. So think yourself lucky you're stamina haha. Played well it will be devistating. And put on the blazing shield for more dps and a shield and throw some buffs in there and it will be ruthless.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sizzyy wrote: »
    Dude biting jabs for single target is killer. Steel tornado is the best aoe in the game fullstop. And repentance pretty much let's you spam it forever at end game. All ultimates scale off the higher stat. Stam in your case obviously regardless of the damage type for the ability. Puncturing sweeps is the magicka morph of biting jabs and it's critical rating comes from weapon crit percent which doesn't help a magicka build. So think yourself lucky you're stamina haha. Played well it will be devistating. And put on the blazing shield for more dps and a shield and throw some buffs in there and it will be ruthless.

Er wtf

Puncturing sweeps scales form spell crit

Biting jabs, the stamina morph scales from weapon crit.

Blazing Shield for dps? Are you trolling, you'd need 45k+ HP to even get a small shield that does any damage, that's like saying hit them with a wet towel it'll do more damage.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    Sizzyy wrote: »

Er wtf

Puncturing sweeps scales form spell crit

Biting jabs, the stamina morph scales from weapon crit.

Blazing Shield for dps? Are you trolling, you'd need 45k+ HP to even get a small shield that does any damage, that's like saying hit them with a wet towel it'll do more damage.

Have to agree with zornyan on this, blazing shield needs tons of max health to be worth using.
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

Really? You can measure dps on ps4? I sure as hell cant.

Alcast is/was one of the best stam templars in the entire game, he said his average dps was 18k odd.

A magicka templar, a stam or magicka nightblade, a sorcerer can pull 30k dps all the way up to 40k dps.

Tell me how 18k is better than 30k
    What kind of build can a Magicka NB use that can pull 40k dps?
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you very much!

I'd also mention binding Javelin. Ranged stamina ability that knocks enemy down. Perfect to use right before gap closer, because our stamina gap closer is 2h ability and doesnt knock down.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Power of the Light is not worth the skill slot, neither is Blazing Shield.

Repentance is good in PvE if you're clearing a lot of mobs, otherwise it's useless.

Biting Jabs is good, but bugged against shielded targets.

You didn't mention Purifying Ritual, which is really good.

So that leaves Stamplars with two class abilities: Biting Jabs and Purifying Light.

As OP said, might aswell play another class. Every single other class has better passives aswell.
  • WhiteEagle71
    WhiteEagle71
    Soul Shriven
    Stamplars have some of the best dps in the game. Biting jabs is a powerful aoe second only to steel tornado IMO. As they said the majority of ults scale off max stat.

If you're playing pve then I would open on your target with the bow ability Scorched Earth then swap to duel wield and use biting jabs. Repentance will scale to your max stat as well. If you happen to have a master bow from vdsa opening on your target with either poison injection or poison spray will add wep dmg to your target before you begin your jabby jabs. I do not suggest using your bow for more than a buff bar.

I have to agree power of the light is a weak ability and I wouldn't use it.
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    OP. My first love was my orc stamplar. I used mostly non-Templar abilities (as most stamina users outside DK and NB do) but you should notice in the healing light skill tree there is a passive that increases all healing taken for friendlies inside the radius of your purifying ritual and a few other spells.

Super combo:

Purifying ritual + Rally, Vigor, or Repentance means you get awesome heals.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

Power of the Light is not worth the skill slot, neither is Blazing Shield.

Repentance is good in PvE if you're clearing a lot of mobs, otherwise it's useless.

Biting Jabs is good, but bugged against shielded targets.

You didn't mention Purifying Ritual, which is really good.

So that leaves Stamplars with two class abilities: Biting Jabs and Purifying Light.

As OP said, might aswell play another class. Every single other class has better passives aswell.

Repentance is not too bad for PvP either.. don't forget that it boosts your regen also... but it's usefulness depends on your playstyle.. if you're duelling, then it's not that useful since you need bodies.

As for Purifying Ritual.. without a doubt the best Templar skill ! but I fear that one will get the nerf bat in the future since they are looking at zerg balls, barrier and purge... the later probably means that Purifying Ritual will also be looked at and most likely will mean a nerf :-1: Afterall... can't have any useful skills on a Templar!!

• Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BS? Lol. Nope. Horrible skill. Just behind green dragon blood for DK.
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭

@Draxys I dont believe this is correct.
    @Azurphenix The tooltip "damage Value" your ultimate does is scaled with Magicka/Spellpower or stamina/Weaponpower depens whichever is higher.

so now everything is scaled off your highest stats.

The type of damage done is purely for the point of view of resistances and Champion Point Buffing. Eg. the meteor morphs "shooting star" should hurt a vampire nord more than "Ice comet". But the damage value would be similar between stamina and magicka classes using either morph given equal gear/passives

Magicka based characters tends to have more synergy with the full range of class skills than their stamina counter parts, but can be played just as effectively in most content.
    here are the stam morphs available for templar.
    • Puncturing strikes > Bitting Jabs
    • piercing Javelin > binding Javelin
    • Backlash > power of light

Edited by willymchilybily on November 30, 2015 4:49PM
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplars have some of the best dps in the game. Biting jabs is a powerful aoe second only to steel tornado IMO. As they said the majority of ults scale off max stat.

If you're playing pve then I would open on your target with the bow ability Scorched Earth then swap to duel wield and use biting jabs. Repentance will scale to your max stat as well. If you happen to have a master bow from vdsa opening on your target with either poison injection or poison spray will add wep dmg to your target before you begin your jabby jabs. I do not suggest using your bow for more than a buff bar.

I have to agree power of the light is a weak ability and I wouldn't use it.

U better start at learning 1+1. The dps is acceptable but not even close to dk or sorc damage.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »

BS? Lol. Nope. Horrible skill. Just behind green dragon blood for DK.

Dragon blood? i give u radiant aura. 20% regg on major buff at 3k magickacosts... not stacking with pots and doing nothing else... cmon, try harder.