The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Magicka Nightblade Sets?

MerkzM8
MerkzM8
✭✭✭
So I've been thinking about switching to Magicka Nightblade and came up with this idea of sets. I know it's not perfect but i think it would preform quite well. If anyone has any tips or advice on how to improve upon it please comment below :) I'd love to hear everyone's feedback.

Armour:
Set 1: (Four Piece) Martial Knowledge
Set 2: (One Piece) Molag Kena
Set 3: (Two Piece) Torugs Pact

Weapons:
1st Bar: Dual Wield - 2x Sword of Willpower
2nd Bar: Resto Staff - Restoration Staff of Willpower

Jewellery:
Rings - (2x Rings of Cyrodiils Light)
Neck - (Neckless of Willpower)
"What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    NOTE : I am aiming for MAXIMUM Spell Damage :)
    "What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about 4 Overpower, 2 Kena, 2 Torugs and willpower Jewelry.
    Also 5 Julianos or Twice Born or scathing mage are options.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    Jeckll wrote: »
    What about 4 Overpower, 2 Kena, 2 Torugs and willpower Jewelry.
    Also 5 Julianos or Twice Born or scathing mage are options.

Thanks, isn't Overpower just a newer version of Martial Knowleadge? I will more than likely go Julianos when it releases for me on the Console. As for the sets you reccommended I will more than likely try them out, it's just the Kena helmet is a pain in the backside to get lol.
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a theorycraft when to use Julianos and when to use Twice Born Star. You should check that before crafting Julianos.

Overpower is available in V16 while Martial Knowledge is only V14 which actually makes a difference. Being able to keep Molag Kena up with weaving Funnel seems to be like a very important part of the DPS puzzle - but Im no Magicka Expert.

I also recommence watching this video for some extra ideas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEAV4Z7gFco
  • Kesuai1
    Kesuai1
    Soul Shriven
    1)respec out of magika
    2)respec into stamina because you are a NB and that is what makes sense
    3) go kill stuff alot

No this is not a troll post
    I've played NB's alot. Magika "works" but stamina is just so much better at DPS. Been proven time and again on PC.
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    Kesuai1 wrote: »
    1)respec out of magika
    3) go kill stuff alot

I've played NB's alot. Magika "works" but stamina is just so much better at DPS. Been proven time and again on PC.

I'm sorry but I'm not respecing out of Magicka... I'm not going for PvE either... There has been many times where I'm playing as a Magicka Nightblade and absolutely trashed Stamina Nightblades. Just because someone else (me) doesn't enjoy stamina or the stamina "play style" doesn't mean I can't do well in my spec. What do you mean by "this is not a troll post"? The way I see it is, your being a "stamina elitist" and basically saying if it ain't stamina, trash it. Oh and by the way before you "diss" Magicka please learn how to spell it correctly, thanks.
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭

Oh my goodness... I can't begin to comprehend how stupid that one sentence is...
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing a magicka nightblade Khajiit (yes I know, no synergy from racials but it's my favourite character and playstyle), using:

5x Twice Born Star with Thief and Shadow
    3x Willpower jewels reenchanted to spell damage
    3/4x Magnus (dual wield and resto)

It is lots of fun, and groups of mobs are a walk in the park with sap essence, and I can be useful to groups with NB utility skills. I might swap the resto staff to sword and shield to see if it makes a difference.
    PC-EU
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1)respec out of magika
    3) go kill stuff alot

Except for vet maelstrom arena, where you're squishy as hell without the heals from funnel health and sap essense.

Rally and vigor don't heal enough for most players in vma. I think less than 20 stamina dps players have cleared vet maelstrom.

All the nightblades on that leaderboard are magicka.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »

Nope. At least one of them plays Stamina :P
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeckll wrote: »
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »

Nope. At least one of them plays Stamina :P

Maybe 1 or 2, but I can't imagine any more than that.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP