The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

4/5 piece armor sets and attacks

dlepi24
dlepi24
✭✭✭✭
I have a quick question regarding spell damage and armor sets. Say I have 5 piece Juliano's but that's included with DW swords. When I switch to my resto and apply Prox Det I only have 4 piece of Juliano's (so I would be missing the spell damage buff when applying it) but when prox det actually blows up I'm on my DW bar completing the set bonus. Will the damage scale off the DW or the resto?
  • Adamon2
    Adamon2
    ✭✭✭
    If you have an app loaded which can tell you the damage, cast Prox Det on something and don't switch weapons. Check the damage. Then cast Prox Det on something and switch. Do this a few times. That'll get you a definitive answer. Please report back. :smile:
    Edited by Adamon2 on November 30, 2015 5:15PM
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adamon2 wrote: »
    If you have an app loaded which can tell you the damage, cast Prox Det on something and don't switch weapons. Check the damage. Then cast Prox Det on something and switch. Do this a few times. That'll get you a definitive answer. Please report back. :smile:

Yeah, ZOS hasn't blessed the console peasants with any way to tell damage, yet. Maybe I'll update my PTS server and see if I can find a way to test it on there.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage is calculated when it goes off.. whatever is you equipped / active at that time will be what determines the damage the spell does... so in your case, you get the proxy det damage calculated with the dual wield loadout.

On PC you can clearly see this with DoTs and HoTs.. when you weapon swap, you see the values of the active DoTs/HoTs change.
    Edited by Docmandu on November 30, 2015 5:45PM
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I made a PTS character and came out with the same results. Thanks for the info @Docmandu