The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark elf Nightblade

Zeoneas
Zeoneas
Soul Shriven
So I rolled a Dark elf Nightblade without doing my research and now I'm worried after reading few discussions here, is Dark elf good race for nightblade or should I reroll? I'm planing on using stamina builds mostly (for now, I'm low level so I might change my mind, it's a long way to the end game) I know there are better choices for stamina build, but I really wanted to be in Ebonheart Pact (blame Malukah for this, she singing "Three hearts as one" moved me :D ) and I don't own imperial edition
So basically is being a Dark elf going to be a draw back later on in a game if I keep using stamina builds, is it worth it rerolling or there won't be any drawbacks worth mentioning?
I am low level so rerolling is an option, but I dont want to do it if it doesn't make a big difference on higher levels/veteran ranks
Thank you
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most important question is if you're a big PvP player or not.

If you're playing PvP then you're going to want to min/max and all that because you'll be fighting other people who have and every little bit counts. In that case, a Dunmer would not be ideal, but that's not to say you can't show those s'wits what's up.

If you're playing PvE, then just play whatever race you prefer. I've never run into an issue tanking on my Nightblade where someone said "Oh, you can't tank. You have to be either a Nord DK or an Imperial DK. You're just in the wrong." and wasn't immediately shut up by the fact that I can hit the damage mitigation cap and avoid death in Veteran dungeons with fire-spitting bosses as a Vampire (before anyone points out my racial fire-resistance, the bonus is so small it's negligible).
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer is actually one of the better classes for general usage since they get a nice bonus to both stamina and magicka. Sure, it's not Redguard or Altmer levels of good, but with item sets and champion passives you can definitely get up there.

My Dunmer nightblade rolls just about 40k magicka fully geared and can put out some decent damage, and I can easily swap gearsets out and go Sap-tank and not suffer at all.
  • Black_Canary15
    My nightblade is an altmer and I don't have any problems really. But then again I don't do pvp at all.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeoneas wrote: »
    So I rolled a Dark elf Nightblade without doing my research and now I'm worried after reading few discussions here, is Dark elf good race for nightblade or should I reroll? I'm planing on using stamina builds mostly (for now, I'm low level so I might change my mind, it's a long way to the end game) I know there are better choices for stamina build, but I really wanted to be in Ebonheart Pact (blame Malukah for this, she singing "Three hearts as one" moved me :D ) and I don't own imperial edition
    So basically is being a Dark elf going to be a draw back later on in a game if I keep using stamina builds, is it worth it rerolling or there won't be any drawbacks worth mentioning?
    I am low level so rerolling is an option, but I dont want to do it if it doesn't make a big difference on higher levels/veteran ranks
    Thank you

Go for magicka NB and use dest fire staff. For pve, use 2 abilities Impluse and sap essence( use mage light morph for max magicka, if needed)
    For pvp, DW -cloak( almost infinite times, you can use ), veiled strike, lotus fang, blur,impale. Or
    Dest staff- image below.
    dvizlEG.png
  • Nirnrot
    Nirnrot
    ✭✭✭
    Zeoneas wrote: »
    Thank you

Dunmer make great Nightblades! Not only will you level up your Dual Wield skill tree faster than the average Bosmer, but the Dynamic passive is way underrated. As a NB you will be using both magicka and stamina. Even as a Stamblade, that 9% extra magicka could be that extra Cloak you need to get out of a sticky situation. With the nerf to dodge rolling, Stamblades spam cloak more than they used to and that 9% comes in handy.

Another great reason to have a Dark Elf Nightblade is that although they are not the best at min/maxing their build they are good enough so that you can switch between Stamina Build and Magicka build without having to create a new character. If you ever get tired if Stamblade and or are just curious and want to try Mageblade, you can do so with no penalty at all.

Lorewise, Dunmer are a great race of assasins. The Morag Tong predates the Dark Brotherhood by some accounts. Be proud with your choice and do not doubt the Dark Elves. Just have fun and play!
  • Zeoneas
    Zeoneas
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you all for replying, you helped a bunch, and I'm starting to like the idea of destro staff and magicka builds more and more, I do have a few questions about game mechanics though:
    1. Can staffs do sneak attacks?
    2. Do they benefit from master assassin pasive?
    3. Is their base damage affected by stamina or magicka?
    4. What increases poison damage, stamina or magicka?
    5. When and where can I respec?

P.S.
    Sry for noobish questions, but as you could tell so far I am new to the game, and I did read few guides, but there are still some details I'm confused about, thank you everyone once again
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. Neither one, they are affected by weapon damage.
    4. Neither one; you stack poison damage with glyphs, champion points, and certain armor sets in IC.
    5. Anytime, in Mournhold (EP).
    Edited by Prabooo on October 31, 2015 1:27AM
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Elden Root and Wayrest also have shrines to Stendar which is the more precise where.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. Neither one, they are affected by weapon damage.
    4. Neither one; you stack poison damage with glyphs, champion points, and certain armor sets in IC.
    5. Anytime, in Mournhold (EP).

with imperial city poison scales off weapon damage.