The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PVE player ONLY in Cyrodiil / and something UNREAL happened!!!

Als3rd
Als3rd
✭✭✭
Hi

First allow me to say that I am strictly a PVE player. Meaning I will only kill the antagonists/monsters - and will never kill fellow players.
In other words, I will only play US (fellow players) against THEM (the antagonists).
In fact I stated this in chat (after being killed once in a Cavern) and then upon re-entering the same cavern where I was able to finish the quest with no other PVP problems.

Then the funniest, greatest most unexpected and wonderful thing happened!!!

I went back to the quest giver to collect my reward, and upon reaching the door to leave, there played out - right in front of me something I can only call bloody AMAZING!!

A male figure - featureless, ominous, red and glowing appeared right in front of me in the doorway. Thinking it was an NPC assailant I did 2 quick knee jerk reaction - staff attacks...

Expecting retaliation, I waited as the figure firmly stood his ground... And then....

He WAVED at me... TWICE!!!

I stopped my attack - as my jaw hit the floor - and then watched dumb founded as he jumped up and down in happiness (twice) and vanished through the door behind him!!!

Then, a female character appeared right after he left, and I immediately jumped up and down as a greeting - where upon she spun on her heels and was gone!!!

This blew my mind, and I can't even guess as to who was behind that incredible, friendly, pertinent and funny scene! Who could do that??? I chatted back a big thank you and told them (whoever they were) that they were great!! I am still trying to wrap my mind around this singular, massively friendly gesture!! Perhaps this happens all the time, but it has never happened for me!

So after that happened...
I was wondering if there are any more experienced (perhaps magical) players that might reveal any and all preventative ways for my character to avoid the whole PVP thing and just do the quests in Cyrodiil - which I really love? I'm quite new to Cyrodiil so my actual knowledge base is in it's infancy.

I realize that a lot of players like PVP and Cyrodiil is mostly set up for that, and that's cool. It's just not my cup of tea. For me, it ruins the ongoing flow of the game. It is a HUGE waste of time, not being able to re-spawn where you are killed, and having to start up at the nearest fortress, tower... etc. which (9 times out of 10) is very far away and quite a long way back to said quest.

So... I hope that this is the right place to ask such a potentially assailable question... This group of Players HELPING other Players. Which is exactly my philosophy for PVE play in this great game. Don't kill your fellow player, HELP them! :)

Thanks!

Peace and <3

Best Answers

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But no really, if I see someone questing in Cyro towns I will stop and wait. I'll only lock on if they do, otherwise I go back to whatever I was doing. If I'm there, it's not to gank!
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Als3rd wrote: »
    Very cool thing to do... Especially for new Cyodiilians??? Thanks
    Well it's no fun fighting somebody who doesn't want to fight, and I'm not always sure who is new to Cyrodiil. Generally I'll jump up while holding block to initiate a duel when I'm in town. If they walk off or just stand there like a deer in headlights I'll go about my day.
    Glad to hear you had a positive experience in Cyro, and may you find many more.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I love it when rival players can have a good with each other not even fighting in a PvP zone. I remember way back when ( back when magicka DKs were still playable ) myself and a few others started to fight a group of EP. We fought for a few seconds but then the lag came and every move we made didn't even damage the other. A minute later the DC and EP players we dancing, lean back emotes on each other, whispering each other, and just having a blast. Everyone walked away laughing.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on baby pvp on sunday and was in bruma when i saw an EP doing the dolmen,

I jumped in and helped him out and at the end of it we both got loot...

Finished up my dailies and him to and went our separate ways...

I hate it when Highlevel players prey off lowbies,
    Where is the challenge in that,

I was once questing with my VR5 DK in Bruma when an AD VR16 sorc jumped me,
    For most of the fight i was just hanging in there until he made his biggest mistake.....
    NEVER meteor a DK, I saw the incoming nuke, put up my reflective dragon scale and watched him being nuked by his own nuke......

LMFAO!!
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
    Answer ✓
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »

For most of the fight i was just hanging in there until he made his biggest mistake.....
    NEVER meteor a DK, I saw the incoming nuke, put up my reflective dragon scale and watched him being nuked by his own nuke......

LMFAO!!

I had a different experience, I was exploring upper areas of Cyrodiil, found a dolmen, which was already fougth by the reds (I am AD), I wanted to join the fight against the daedras and the reds killed me on sight...

well, that is war, sometimes you die, sometimes you live :)
    Edited by altemriel on November 24, 2015 9:29AM
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @altemriel - Yeah unfortunately this is the norm...

There are days when i go all evil and go gank guys doing quests but i try to gank my own level or higher,

There really is no art in killing a lowbie noob.. Sorry to say that is just pathetic..

But there are a lot of pathetic players in cyrodiil that cannot man up to players of their own level.. so they chose the weak an injured.. lol...

Suppose thats nature... Lions will kill baby Wildebeest's/Zebra's without hesitation....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+

Options
    Answer ✓
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are days when i go all evil and go gank guys doing quests but i try to gank my own level or higher,

There really is no art in killing a lowbie noob.. Sorry to say that is just pathetic..

But there are a lot of pathetic players in cyrodiil that cannot man up to players of their own level.. so they chose the weak an injured.. lol...

Suppose thats nature... Lions will kill baby Wildebeest's/Zebra's without hesitation....

the problem with that is that there are many "noobs" who actually have a high level I know someone who may as well be 45 despite being V4 he got ganked by 7 NBs while entering Bruma.
    when I am alone or with only 1 person I am 98% of the time not in a PvP mood and am usually just there to get the damn PvE quests and the many skyshards (why the heck they put so many skyshards there is beyond me). I am not the type to strike first but piss me off and one of us will die and I will try to make it so it is not me.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Yggdrasil_Gof
    Yggdrasil_Gof
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an EP NB, and a couple of weeks ago I went in to Toadstool Hollow Both East of the Imperial City, near an outpost we held. When I entered I saw dead bodies, a bad sign for a lone NB. Hoping it was more EP, as it was by our territory, I hurried through to see who was there.
    It turned out to be a lone AD DK, I'm ashamed to say I thought I'd follow him so that if I got an attack on the boss,, and he killed me afterwards I would still complete the delve.
    He entered the first room and started fighting some skeletons, as he/she was having no trouble so I stayed hidden. After jumping around a bit to stay away from the action and not get caught I hid on a high spot in the center of the room. They finished the fight, then randomly caught sight of me. I cloaked and managed to hide while he was jumping around defensively expecting to be attacked any second.
    They eventually stopped, probably assuming I had gone, and continued in to the next room. He/She attacked some more enemies, then the boss in the room. I cloaked, snuck over, and attacked the boss too. Obviously at this moment I was revealed to the other player. For a moment I swear there was a tiny pause in their attacks, during that "Oh Shit! WTF.", moment.
    We defeated the boss together, there was a bit of a stare out for a second, I sheathed my swords and began exploring the room. They looked at their map, then did the same. We continued around the dungeon until we left.
    I suddenly realized I hadn't got an achievement, so I went back in to see if I had missed a boss. I saw another player and instinctively fired on them. Realizing it was the same player again I attacked the mob.
    We fought along side each other for a while then separated in the dungeon. I passed them again once or twice but never attacked.
    I never found out why the delve wasn't completed, and I assume that's why the other player was there again. Maybe It's glitched. That was one of my best gaming moments. :)
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Als3rd - There are 5 bosses in this delve that you need to kill,

At the top there is a Spider,

in the last room there is the ghost in the middle,
    and 3 more bosses,
    one in each of the passages,

If you have not killed all you will not get the achievement..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+

Options
    Answer ✓
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Als3rd - There are 5 bosses in this delve that you need to kill,

At the top there is a Spider,

in the last room there is the ghost in the middle,
    and 3 more bosses,
    one in each of the passages,

If you have not killed all you will not get the achievement..

Sorry I meant @Yggdrasil_Gof
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+

Options
    Answer ✓
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I would have rekt you. AP is life.

What does AP stand for again a****** points :p ?
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm questing or doing delves and encounter a player that doesn't immediately notice me I'll stealth and watch them, take note of their situational awareness, look for any allies. If I begin to notice I'm outnumbered I'll immediately attack to neutralize the threat, if its a lone person I'll typically buff up, prepare to fight, then bash them when they're not busy, to make my presence known, if they choose to fight then we do, if not then I'll let them go on their way.

Tbh, the pvp population is small enough that if you really pvp you know most of the regular pvp players and will recognize them.

Another thing is to just message the person, you can do this for other alliance members by using /tell playername,

Typically you can just let people know you're questing and they're pretty understanding

If I'm forced into a fight in a non-traditional area, I typically let my vanquished foe know that I won't become hostile again unless they attack first
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's cool when opposing faction work together. Had it go both ways on me.

Was knocking out a dolman when a duo came in. Big pause while we wait to see if someone is going to attack. And then both sides worked together to kill the dark anchor. Which is a bit tough with all of my aoes. At the end we grabbed our loot and went our separate ways.

Another time, I was in a delve trying to complete it when I stubble upon DK. I kept my distance, attacking things away from him. Eventually we got to the boss. I go in to melee. Tap the boss with a single light attack from my sword and back out of the area to give the DK some room. This apparently pissed him off and he went invisible. The boss then continues to attack me. At about half health the DK launches an attack on me. lol. So much fun!
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I whispered someone from another faction and said I wanted to fight her 1v1. Oddly enough, 2 days later I'm in her faction and we're married. Nothing brings two people together more than saying you want to bash their head in.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Als3rd wrote: »
    Lol! I just hope that you two stopped head bashing after the Honeymoon.

We haven't been on our honeymoon yet D:
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Yggdrasil_Gof
    Yggdrasil_Gof
    ✭✭✭
    @Als3rd
    Thanks ever so much for your response, I really appreciate it :). I wanted to try to convey the pleasure, and excitement of the moment.

@RAGUNAnoOne
    I think that's the one. It's on two levels. The top one is open pathways, meaning you can drop of the edge to the lower level, (not that I'd want to try). The lower level is only two rooms I think. A small one with rocks poking from the ground, and a large cave like room that the open pathways hang above. In the centre of the room is a large pillar that the boss appear in front of, and several alcoves and room with three other wraith type enemies. I think each is named.
    If Johngo0036 is correct then I missed a giant spider to receive the achievement for it.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the closest I have come to a similar story is whilst exploring Bruma on the non-veteran campaign, I was stealthed & bumped straight into an AD player who was also stealthed. We both came out of stealth face to face & both immediately turned & ran & then re-stealthed ! I never saw him again .. haha.

Another time I was stealthed & a HUGE DC zerg on horses rode past... 2 riders ran straight over the top of me... brought me out of stealth but they just kept going as if they hadn't seen me.

Options
    Answer ✓
  • jebuspowers
    jebuspowers
    ✭✭✭
    Some time in mid October I was riding around cyro minding my own business. Yellow and red had been locked in a brutal campaign against each other in Azuras Star. I was looking for a shard for a skill point when a red popped up out of nowhere. I started to engage, but briefly because I noticed he wasn't fighting back. He was looking for the same shard. We cleared out the npcs together being careful not to use ae skills. We both fit the shard and went on our day. I apologized for attacking him too. To which he replied, "no problem". After a small conversation via psn texting I realized that there are some people that are there just to do normal stuff. Even during a brutal war a member of each side could join together and accomplish a common goal. Honestly, I thought that was real cool. It is probably the only thing I'll remember from pvp in that game.

On a side note, earlier that day I completed a dolmen with 2 blues until 3 red showed up. Since I was the only dominion guy I knew I was screwed so I dark cloaked my way out of there. But in retaliation I snuck up on those dudes as they were fighting some npcs and used entropy, Soul tether, and sap spam until two died and the third got me.

Just fyi, even amidst war there is honor and respect.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    I will now make it my life's mission to repeatedly gank you. :D
    Options
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    lol :#
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    But no really, if I see someone questing in Cyro towns I will stop and wait. I'll only lock on if they do, otherwise I go back to whatever I was doing. If I'm there, it's not to gank!

Very cool thing to do... Especially for new Cyodiilians??? Thanks
    Edited by Als3rd on November 23, 2015 9:48PM
    Options
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, I love it when rival players can have a good with each other not even fighting in a PvP zone. I remember way back when ( back when magicka DKs were still playable ) myself and a few others started to fight a group of EP. We fought for a few seconds but then the lag came and every move we made didn't even damage the other. A minute later the DC and EP players we dancing, lean back emotes on each other, whispering each other, and just having a blast. Everyone walked away laughing.

Sounds like good times! That's the kind of stuff I can relate to. Sometimes things can get so important that fun goes right out the window!
    Options
  • gilbegger
    gilbegger
    ✭✭✭
    Unicorns are pretty arent they...
    Options
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭

LMFAO!!

37363d1299085542-honda-civic-mugen-rr-2009-red-cool-story-bro-hulk.jpg

I paint the town red with the blood of broken noobs.
    Options
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭

Great response. I totally agree with you. Thanks for the Insight and your thoughts on the matter.
    Options
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

LMFAO!!

I had a different experience, I was exploring upper areas of Cyrodiil, found a dolmen, which was already fougth by the reds (I am AD), I wanted to join the fight against the daedras and the reds killed me on sight...

well, that is war, sometimes you die, sometimes you live :)

This answer pretty much nails where I'm coming from. I love the Dolmens! Anonymous players fighting against a common enemy.

The fact that this is over ridden by the war that's going on in Cyrodiil really has opened my eyes and is now something I am prepared to accept.
    Options
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭

LMFAO!!

Excellent! I agree 100%. There's not too much a lowbie like me can do against a high level player. You helping that player out - when you didn't have to was great! It probably impacted his whole view of Cyrodiil - even if it never happens to him again.
    Options
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    A huge thanks to everyone for helping me out. I think I have a very clear idea of what Cyrodiil is all about now and that's great. It's not what I thought at all, and me trying to turn it into something different was merely noob thinking.

This section of the forum really lived up to its name: Players really did help this Player, and my thanks to all those that took the time to explain things to me.

Edit: Was unable to stop notification of emails for some reason, and now I'm glad that it didn't work. There is so much experience and knowledge floating around here that I think I'll stay on board for the education. :)
    Edited by Als3rd on November 25, 2015 1:35PM
    Options
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an EP NB, and a couple of weeks ago I went in to Toadstool Hollow Both East of the Imperial City, near an outpost we held. When I entered I saw dead bodies, a bad sign for a lone NB. Hoping it was more EP, as it was by our territory, I hurried through to see who was there.
    It turned out to be a lone AD DK, I'm ashamed to say I thought I'd follow him so that if I got an attack on the boss,, and he killed me afterwards I would still complete the delve.
    He entered the first room and started fighting some skeletons, as he/she was having no trouble so I stayed hidden. After jumping around a bit to stay away from the action and not get caught I hid on a high spot in the center of the room. They finished the fight, then randomly caught sight of me. I cloaked and managed to hide while he was jumping around defensively expecting to be attacked any second.
    They eventually stopped, probably assuming I had gone, and continued in to the next room. He/She attacked some more enemies, then the boss in the room. I cloaked, snuck over, and attacked the boss too. Obviously at this moment I was revealed to the other player. For a moment I swear there was a tiny pause in their attacks, during that "Oh ***! WTF.", moment.
    We defeated the boss together, there was a bit of a stare out for a second, I sheathed my swords and began exploring the room. They looked at their map, then did the same. We continued around the dungeon until we left.
    I suddenly realized I hadn't got an achievement, so I went back in to see if I had missed a boss. I saw another player and instinctively fired on them. Realizing it was the same player again I attacked the mob.
    We fought along side each other for a while then separated in the dungeon. I passed them again once or twice but never attacked.
    I never found out why the delve wasn't completed, and I assume that's why the other player was there again. Maybe It's glitched. That was one of my best gaming moments. :)

Your post is so excellent!!! Really well written and your last sentence - says it all....

"That was one of my best gaming moments." :)

My feelings exactly!

I too had yet another run in with someone from one of the other factions - that stopped firing at me again today! I noticed it immediately, and jumped up in the air! The other person didn't jump, but she just looked at me, kind of like "We're cool, right?" and went on he way killing NPCs left and right. It was great!
    Edited by Als3rd on November 25, 2015 1:39PM
    Options
  • olimarfreak
    olimarfreak
    ✭✭

good boy
    PS4 - EU - PSN: olimarfr34k / YT: olimarfr34k ESO
    CP600+

Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | VMSA Flawless 548k | Immortalix (AD)
    Redguard Stamina Templar | VMSA Flawless 558k | Jab on Em (DC)
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer | VMSA Stormproof 557k | Slippery when wêt (EP)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Bombblade Setup | VMSA Stormproof 552k | Emilio La Gucci (AD)
    Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight | PvE only | VMSA Stormproof 510k | Cat with Hella Dots (DC)
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade | PvP only | Shadowmeow (AD)
    Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight | PvP only | Saltbae (AD)

Soon: Magicka Templar

Vet & HM Clear
    MoL, AA, HRC, SO

#PwNeD is BACK!
    Options
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They eventually stopped, probably assuming I had gone, and continued in to the next room. He/She attacked some more enemies, then the boss in the room. I cloaked, snuck over, and attacked the boss too. Obviously at this moment I was revealed to the other player. For a moment I swear there was a tiny pause in their attacks, during that "Oh ***! WTF.", moment.

@Yggdrasil_Gof toadstool hollow is that the one with the frozen people around the skyshard? if I am correct and it is what I think it is one of the ghost bosses I think it starts with an "S" fails to get registered, killed her twice nothing.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

Options
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    I whispered someone from another faction and said I wanted to fight her 1v1. Oddly enough, 2 days later I'm in her faction and we're married. Nothing brings two people together more than saying you want to bash their head in.

Lol! I just hope that you two stopped head bashing after the Honeymoon.
    Options