The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Laurel Style Material for Mercenary Armor

Phatalix
Phatalix
✭✭
Considerating the discussion title, The aquisition of Laurel is the most unreasonabl and unfair method of gathering that ESO has ever come up with. There should
be a better way (like unbinding so you can buy it) or offering it in the crown store. Give the character thats a blacksmith a resonable chance of aquiering this
item.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speak more on this, please.

I just opened enough silver chests to get a motif, but I've not been in an undaunted dungeon in a while.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Making access easier is one argument. Another point of view is that by making various mats harder to get, by making the new sets 9-trait, requiring 10x more mats for v16, etc., it has made crafting more inaccessible, and therefore more valuable. Those of us who learned all 9 traits are now a resource for the community. If you want JulianosMorkuldin, you need us. If you want your Julianos in Mercenary style, your crafter also has to be a dungeon runner. If you want to be able to do the things described, you have to earn it.

Incidentally, there is no reason crafters cannot run dungeons. Just don tackle vCOA and the like. And as a crafter you should be doing the dungeons anyway, for the skill points.

Edit: As @poodlemasterb16_ESO observed, Julianos is a 6-trait set. Note my correction. Last station I was at was Morkuldin, which is a 9-trait set. I assumed they all were, but Wrothgar has crafting stations for a three, a six, and a nine trait set. Makes sense really, sense Orsinium is open to all levels. Otherwise my post stands as is.
    Edited by Ourorboros on November 22, 2015 12:56AM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually like that there are crafting materials that can only obtained by doing dungeons. It might not be perfect, but it's much better than almost all other styles that require no effort to craft them as soon as you have the motif.
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phatalix wrote: »
    Considerating the discussion title, The aquisition of Laurel is the most unreasonabl and unfair method of gathering that ESO has ever come up with. There should
    be a better way (like unbinding so you can buy it) or offering it in the crown store. Give the character thats a blacksmith a resonable chance of aquiering this
    item.

Apparently they will be sold in the CS at some point. Some crafters don't want others having the ability to craft things for themselves for some reason. Just be patient and wait them out. That's what I will have to do since I don't have the time to farm dungeons. Completely unfair for the players that worked hard on crafting but don't have unlimited time for the game.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its cool to have a material (and style) thats rare and only acquirable through dungeons..

Why must everything be the same?
    N64 NA EP
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to farm, but I will be doing some.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done 8 silver pledges up to now (reluctantly at first but they went well so far, all of them using the group tool, so I might keep going just to level the Undaunted skill line) and got zero laurels. Do they only drop in gold pledges? I am kinda terrified of those...

On the other hand I have bought/found all the motif chapters and I keep getting more in the silver rewards. It's annoying to know how to craft something but not being able to get the materials for it.
    PC-EU
    Options
  • KrixusBlade
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    I have done 8 silver pledges up to now (reluctantly at first but they went well so far, all of them using the group tool, so I might keep going just to level the Undaunted skill line) and got zero laurels. Do they only drop in gold pledges?

According to wiki the laurel is only attainable once you start learning the motif. So if you have a page you have a chance. Knowing entire book yields a guaranteed drop.
    Options
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTS 100+ Laurel
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have done 8 silver pledges up to now (reluctantly at first but they went well so far, all of them using the group tool, so I might keep going just to level the Undaunted skill line) and got zero laurels. Do they only drop in gold pledges?

According to wiki the laurel is only attainable once you start learning the motif. So if you have a page you have a chance. Knowing entire book yields a guaranteed drop.

The guaranteed drop is for vet dungeons. For non-vet, it's like half that chance or something.

I don't really want to do Undaunted pledges, so I've resigned myself to just not being able to craft in that style unless the Laurels become available in the Crown Store. I've seen the pages, but am holding off on buying them if I'm not going to have access to the style stones (by my choice).

It's the same with the Akaviri motif. I don't PVP (have no interest in it, really) and so I know I won't have access to this motif (unless I have the millions of gold it would take to purchase from guild traders - with the high AP cost of these things, I don't think they'll sell on the cheap). It's my choice, so I'm fine with it.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on November 20, 2015 8:47PM
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    WTS 100+ Laurel

I'm crying as I read this...
    Options
  • Phatalix
    Phatalix
    ✭✭
    I would pay 5000 crown points to get 10 Laurel gems. Not many people (blacksmiths or anyone else) so we would have to buy the Crown points. If you want to make money put them in the crown store.
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Making access easier is one argument. Another point of view is that by making various mats harder to get, by making the new sets 9-trait, requiring 10x more mats for v16, etc., it has made crafting more inaccessible, and therefore more valuable. Those of us who learned all 9 traits are now a resource for the community. If you want Julianos, you need us. If you want your Julianos in Mercenary style, your crafter also has to be a dungeon runner. If you want to be able to do the things described, you have to earn it.

Incidentally, there is no reason crafters cannot run dungeons. Just don tackle vCOA and the like. And as a crafter you should be doing the dungeons anyway, for the skill points.

Julianos is 6 trait. I have a full suite and have separated my crafters and fighters. Way back when, ZOS promised we would not have to seriously fight our crafters.

I build very successful fighters and support them with my team of crafters. Having to gear up a crafter and take it on the the road to level is just a pain and waste of my time. Make no mistake, it's not the combat. I love that.

I will not pay to win. I just buy DLCs on the Crown Store now.
    Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on November 21, 2015 10:37PM
    Options
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    I have done 8 silver pledges up to now (reluctantly at first but they went well so far, all of them using the group tool, so I might keep going just to level the Undaunted skill line) and got zero laurels. Do they only drop in gold pledges? I am kinda terrified of those...

On the other hand I have bought/found all the motif chapters and I keep getting more in the silver rewards. It's annoying to know how to craft something but not being able to get the materials for it.

Laurels only drop from the last bosses of veteran dungeons (you do NOT have to do a gold pledge, just a vet dungeon, you can farm all the laurels you want) and the drop rate depends on how many chapters of the motif the character knows.
    Today I ran through Spindelclutch 15 times with my crafter, who knows all the chapters, and found 15 laurels in a row (not a single Blood Spawn helmet tho!)
    My other characters know all the chapters too and since I'm doing 3 gold pledges every day, I'm collecting many Laurels. It's not that hard to obtain and crafter won't make you pay more than 5k per crafted piece! Come on, let ZOS reward the crafters JUST A BIT; you don't change your gear everyday, also :)
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
    Options
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all chapters learnt, and completed 12 silver pledges up to now: got a total of 2 laurels from endbosses. At this rate it will take me ages to get a full set... so this style I will craft only for myself.
    PC-EU
    Options
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have a bunch of Laurel.. It drops a lot from dungeon bosses.
    Options
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    WTS 100+ Laurel

I'm crying as I read this...

I do multiple vet dungeons a day with 2-3 V16 toons and bank the laurels... ;)
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do multiple vet dungeons a day with 2-3 V16 toons and bank the laurels... ;)

/pout

To paraphrase my most psychotic cat: "I hate you for EVer" on the other hand, congrats at your skill. I have yet to finish even one vet undaunted.
    Options
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with Mercenary is not just laurels, it's the whole mechanic for the drops.

The drop rate for the motif is ridiculously high, which has completely devalued it. People don't even want the pages if you offer them for free, they are so common and yet crafters have to struggle to provide mercenary crafting services because it unfairly caters to one specific type of player - the one who has one main that does everything.

You like playing on mostly one character, you're golden. You don't miss out on anything. If you have more than one character that's specialized, you are at a huge, unprecedented disadvantage for no over-all benefit to the game. No mechanic has ever demanded that all your characters be good at all the skills for you to enjoy the rewards of doing content. I can obtain a Valkyn Skoria helm for my DK DD while healing on my Templar. This has never been criticized as a bad thing.

This mechanic is the equivalent of requiring a character to have destruction staff skill line leveled to 50, have 10 skill points in the passives and have a fire staff in inventory to obtain a Valkyn helm. A stamina DD or a tank shouldn't be forced to do that just so he can obtain something that's useful for a different character.

Encouraging alts is good for the game because it allows for greater grouping flexibility. I've never had to consider that I would suffer a serious penalty if I switch to a different role in order to help out my group until now.

The mercenary motif hasn't made crafters suddenly more useful. The new 6-9 trait sets that are in demand have helped. If anything, the fact people can't take their laurels to a crafter and get a set means they are now forced to take up crafting themselves, thus further devaluing crafting as a profession.

Crafting should have value, I heartily support this. The best and most useful items should require extensive trait research. Motif learning should be difficult - make it so you require prior motif knowledge to unlock other motifs.

Maybe you need to know how to make Akaviri Daggers before you can learn Akaviri Swords. Maybe some kind of combination motifs even. Need Motif A and Motif B to unlock Motif C.

I enjoy crafting, I enjoy doing dungeons - what I don't enjoy is having to shelf my alts because logging into the 'wrong' one is a mistake.

Any of the following alternatives is better

1. Laurel - BoP gold item that only drops for crafter-mains and is also available from crownstore.

Laurel Leaf - BoE refinable item that drops uncommonly from silver and bronze chests (to encourage people to do silver pledges instead of just gold or make it part of the special loot bag drop for LFG tool formed groups) for all pledge runners- tradeable. 10 laurel leaves refine to 1 laurel.

OR

2. Laurel - drops rarely from end boss of veteran dungeons for all runners, is BoP and can be banked. Also available from crownstore.

OR

3. Laurel - drops very rarely from end boss of veteran dungeons for anyone, is BoE and can be banked. Alternative available from Crownstore called Crown Laurel in packs of 10.

In addition, severely cut down on the drop rate of the mercenary motif. Only drops from gold chests though I fear it's too late for this. Epic items should never be so common that within 4 weeks of their release they are consigned to level of vendor trash.

Any of these alternatives are more helpful across the board. It's a mid-high value item that people can trade for gold and/or favours stimulating the economy and incentivizing grouping through the LFG tool or doing silver/low level pledges.
    Edited by Lithium Flower on November 25, 2015 11:27AM
    Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
    Options
  • Erdmanski
    Erdmanski
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with Mercenary is not just laurels, it's the whole mechanic for the drops.

The drop rate for the motif is ridiculously high, which has completely devalued it. People don't even want the pages if you offer them for free, they are so common and yet crafters have to struggle to provide mercenary crafting services because it unfairly caters to one specific type of player - the one who has one main that does everything...

Your argument makes no sense to me. You complain that the laurels are too rare and the motifs are too common, so you just want to switch them? Does that really make a difference in the end?

As you pointed out, it's not that hard to get a few pages of the motif. It's also not that difficult to find a group to farm vet dungeons at VR1 for the laurels. So is there really a problem with the mechanic or do you simply want everything immediately available without any work required? I personally like the fact that there is something that requires a well-rounded character and some grind to acquire.

If ZOS keeps catering the game to people not willing to put in any work, the game is going to die fast. The fact that you can take a brand new character to VR16, fully gear them and get 100+ champion points in a week or two is ridiculous.
    Edited by Erdmanski on November 25, 2015 1:51PM
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just learn a bit or two on your dungeoneer.

If you don't do dungeons then... Tough luck really. It's an incentive for people to do pledges. Don't seethe problem with that.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahem if anyone really wants to give away unwanted mercenary motifs, I'll take them!
    Options
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erdmanski wrote: »

The drop rate for the motif is ridiculously high, which has completely devalued it. People don't even want the pages if you offer them for free, they are so common and yet crafters have to struggle to provide mercenary crafting services because it unfairly caters to one specific type of player - the one who has one main that does everything...

Your argument makes no sense to me. You complain that the laurels are too rare and the motifs are too common, so you just want to switch them? Does that really make a difference in the end?

As you pointed out, it's not that hard to get a few pages of the motif. It's also not that difficult to find a group to farm vet dungeons at VR1 for the laurels. So is there really a problem with the mechanic or do you simply want everything immediately available without any work required? I personally like the fact that there is something that requires a well-rounded character and some grind to acquire.

If ZOS keeps catering the game to people not willing to put in any work, the game is going to die fast. The fact that you can take a brand new character to VR16, fully gear them and get 100+ champion points in a week or two is ridiculous.

Yeah, that's it. I have 6 veteran 16 characters, one at veteran 6, 9 traits learned for every craft, 90% motif knowledge because I don't want to put in work.

I want the motif to be more rare. I want the laurels to drop less. I want these to be more valuable and retain their value longer while at the same time being available with more flexibility, like other important drops. There is no other drop/system in the game that punishes you for playing with an alt and for good reason. It is a good thing to be able to farm/grind on whichever one of my characters is more useful to the group. This is equivalent to Bind on Character and is a bad thing. Imagine if Kena helm was Bind on Character - who would ever bring a tank to the dungeon? Or a healer or damage dealer to farm Bloodspawn?

If I want to farm for a perfect Kena helm, I can join on any of my characters that fills a needed role instead of passing up on the opportunity to join a group activity because I derive no benefit from it (or worse lose out). This is a good thing for the game because it promotes grouping. Where as if I want to farm laurels, I can only selfishly bring one character. Not only is this frustrating for me, it is also frustrating for the group searching for a healer, because there is less incentive for me to log in with a different character and help them.

The mechanic as it is, is not making the item more valuable or rare - because the motif pages and the laurels both drop far too commonly. Every pledge run you make with a character that has the pages learned gets a laurel. Every chest you open showers you with motifs. Where is this so called 'work' that I'm afraid to put in? The only thing this mechanic discourages is people using alts to farm laurels and there really is no logical reason for the game to be doing that because alts are a good thing. You want long term players to have lots of alts, it makes them play longer, and keep playing (and paying). It helps group activities because there is an overall greater pool of characters to fill roles.

Less BoP items and more rare BoE items are also a good thing because it encourages the game's economy. A PvE only player farming for laurels he can sell in a guild store is good. He can get gold to buy his potions from a crafter who only likes to solo and wants to purchase laurels so he can fulfill an order for a PvPer who doesn't care for dungeons. There's a healthy flow of gold and people able to do the activities they enjoy instead of every one having to spend hours doing things they don't enjoy.
    Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every pledge run you make with a character that has the pages learned gets a laurel. Every chest you open showers you with motifs.

Have not yet gotten any laurels. This is despite my having used my dozen or so keys to get the ... 4? Not sure, but all the motifs I got I learned on the same character.

Feel free to give me your "extra" motifs any time.
    Options
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Every pledge run you make with a character that has the pages learned gets a laurel. Every chest you open showers you with motifs.

Have not yet gotten any laurels. This is despite my having used my dozen or so keys to get the ... 4? Not sure, but all the motifs I got I learned on the same character.

Feel free to give me your "extra" motifs any time.

4? More like 20 smthin

Get loads of them, Laurels as Well i don't see whats The big deal. So one material is hard to get....
    Edited by pronkg on December 1, 2015 8:06AM
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pronkg wrote: »
    Get loads of them, Laurels as Well i don't see whats The big deal. So one material is hard to get....

If things work well for you, then it's all good? That's kind of what I'm getting out of your post.

What I am saying, is that for me, things that are ... "hard to get" or "need farming" are things that I am basically not going to get. I don't farm. I do occasionally buy (such as I bought the barbaric and the primal) but clearly that doesn't work for BoP.

I fish, catch 4-6 per session... 2 perfect roe total.

I do writs... when I think of them....did provisioning vet for a while prior to wrothgar, got a total of 3 recipie fragments.

I have 20 malachite shards. Gave 10 away for a friend who crafted me a glass destro/fire staff (level vet 1, he gave it to me green and I purpled it, used it till my character just recently hit vet 5). Haven't deconned it yet.

I've never found a glass recipe fragment.

I saved up all my undaunted silver keys (never have managed to finish a vet level) and that was ... 10, maybe a dozen. Turned them in, got 4-6 motifs (not sure).

Have never found a laurel (so far).

So for me.... I don't consider mercenary motif part of the game. Or ancient orc for that matter. Too much aggravation.
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could give all the motif pages that you can't even give away, to your alts. But, the only problem with that is that they probably don't have the crafting skill level to learn them.

I don't do group dungeons - never have, and so have consigned myself to the fact that I won't be crafting this style. Unless, of course, the Laurels become available in the Crown Store. I have one page of the motif that someone gave to me, but I haven't learned it yet since I don't know if I'll be able to craft in that style.

Same goes for the Akaviri motif. I don't PVP so don't have the ridiculous amounts of AP to purchase the pages or the style material. I've seen a few of the pages at Guild traders at rather fair prices, as well as a few of the Ancient Scales (at rather expensive prices). This is another style that I've resigned myself to not being able to craft.

But, this is my choice. I don't expect them to change anything. If I really wanted them, then I would run dungeons and start doing PVP. But I don't enjoy those activities, so I just live with it. Perhaps they'll become available in the Crown Store, and that's probably the point of why they're restricted to only certain game activities. It gives something for those that love doing Undaunted pledges or PVP, but gives more incentive for someone who doesn't enjoy those activities to just purchase them in the Crown Store. Remember, both of these motifs are available in the base game, so they want to provide some incentive for people to purchase them in the Crown Store.
    Options
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get Laurels pretty much every dungeon run. The motifs are very easy to acquire, and it's really not difficult to level crafting on other toons.

If you have a separate toon for crafting, just level one crafting skill on the toon(s) you use for dungeons then learn the motifs on that one. After that spec out of that crafting skill on the dungeon toon and voila, you'll be earning laurels when you do pledges. I've got four toons with the complete motif, and I'm a few levels shy in blacksmithing before I get the fifth.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like that there are crafting materials that can only obtained by doing dungeons. It might not be perfect, but it's much better than almost all other styles that require no effort to craft them as soon as you have the motif.

I disagree. Once you know the motif you should be able to craft the gear. Making new motifs several pages long and hard to get was more than enough. Nearly unobtainable mats should NEVER have become a thing. Worst decision ever ZOS.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

I disagree. Once you know the motif you should be able to craft the gear. Making new motifs several pages long and hard to get was more than enough. Nearly unobtainable mats should NEVER have become a thing. Worst decision ever ZOS.

I agree, if the motifs can be sold to other players why not the style material? The disconnect is no bueno.
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

Options