Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Non-Vets and Orsinium Writs

UltimaJoe777
UltimaJoe777
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Just went to Wrothgar on my Master Enchanter who also happens to be Level 23 and he got a Rawl'kha Writ (all my characters are AD of course lol). Am I correct to assume you have to be VR to do Writs in Orsinium or is this just a glitch like how my main was with Craglorn Writs at first? Thing is my main got Alchemy and Provisioning Writs for Orsinium and he has those maxed out and is VR so I am thinking non-vet characters cannot do Writs in Orsinium? If so, that isn't really fair...

@ZOS_GinaBruno Would appreciate some feedback on this from Zenimax please!
Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 19, 2015 6:51PM
Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although we were told that crafters would not have to be leveled to VR, that was a long time ago and we have a new crew. Old promises have gone by the board and anything is possible.

They now want to force my Blacksmith, a 9 trait beast, to, level 20 levels and run Undaunted pledges, to craft Mercenary Armor. I was in the process of leveling him to VR, but now I am not sure whether I will even keep playing this game.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Although we were told that crafters would not have to be leveled to VR, that was a long time ago and we have a new crew. Old promises have gone by the board and anything is possible.

They now want to force my Blacksmith, a 9 trait beast, to, level 20 levels and run Undaunted pledges, to craft Mercenary Armor. I was in the process of leveling him to VR, but now I am not sure whether I will even keep playing this game.

Undaunted Pledges, Craglorn, and Coldharbour I understand and accept, but any and every one has access to Wrothgar and Orsinium as long as they purchase the DLC or have ESO+ so we should at the very least be able to do writs there if we have the craft maxed out entirely.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Undaunted Pledges, Craglorn, and Coldharbour I understand and accept, but any and every one has access to Wrothgar and Orsinium as long as they purchase the DLC or have ESO+ so we should at the very least be able to do writs there if we have the craft maxed out entirely.

Not me. I kinda detest the Undaunted crap. My son and I ran a few by ourselves long ago but it has little attraction for me.

I ran around in the IC with another DK last night and that was actually fun. but many more and it just becomes a chaotic mash fest.

I like to solo the game. MY DK has seriously hurt the Overfiend a couple of times and bee lines to World Bosses. I must applaud the much harder ones in Orsinium, BTW.
  • Brocknar
    Brocknar
    ✭✭
    Just went to Wrothgar on my Master Enchanter who also happens to be Level 23 and he got a Rawl'kha Writ (all my characters are AD of course lol). Am I correct to assume you have to be VR to do Writs in Orsinium or is this just a glitch like how my main was with Craglorn Writs at first? Thing is my main got Alchemy and Provisioning Writs for Orsinium and he has those maxed out and is VR so I am thinking non-vet characters cannot do Writs in Orsinium? If so, that isn't really fair...

I am running into the exact same issue with my provisioners. Both of my VR level 50 provisioners have no problem receiving and doing writs in Wrothgar, but my non-VR level 50 provisioners are maxing out at coldharbour level provisioning writs. Have not been able to find any information regarding this. Would love to get official word why this is.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I am running into the exact same issue with my provisioners. Both of my VR level 50 provisioners have no problem receiving and doing writs in Wrothgar, but my non-VR level 50 provisioners are maxing out at coldharbour level provisioning writs. Have not been able to find any information regarding this. Would love to get official word why this is.

My guess is Wrothgar Writs are blocked if the check to see if they can do Craglorn Writs fails. Basically unless Zenimax fixes it so Wrothgar makes an exception no non-Vet character can do Wrothgar Writs...
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    All crafting Writs have always had their turn in location determined by the number of skill points spent on the first of the skills passives, the one which determines the level of the produced item. The skill value/level only ever served to allow the expenditure of skill points and is irrelevant to the writ turn in location. Likewise your character level doesn't have any impact on the turn in location

Turn in location follows the following progression:
    Alliance Zone 1-5, Coldharbour, Craglorn, and finally Wrothgar if you've purchased that DLC
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drax76 wrote: »
    All crafting Writs have always had their turn in location determined by the number of skill points spent on the first of the skills passives, the one which determines the level of the produced item. The skill value/level only ever served to allow the expenditure of skill points and is irrelevant to the writ turn in location. Likewise your character level doesn't have any impact on the turn in location

Alliance Zone 1-5, Coldharbour, Craglorn, and finally Wrothgar if you've purchased that DLC
    Not true. Coldharbor writs aren't unlocked until you travel to Colharbor for the first time, Craglorn writs require you to be vr1 and now apparently Wrothgar writs do too.
  • Brocknar
    Brocknar
    ✭✭
    Drax76 wrote: »

In the above example I have a level 11 toon with level 50 in provisioning. Likewise I have 10/10 points into provisioning, allowing me to make up to V15 items. I am also ESO Plus, so I have access to Wrothgar/Orsinium. I sent the toon to Wrothgar and picked up my daily writ. I was told to make level 50/V1 food and deliver to coldharbour. I believe UltimaJoe777 was correct, since I am not V1, I do not have access to Craglorn, as such, I am unable to accept or receive V15 writs for Wrothgar.

Editing as I am now seeing Rosveen's comment as well and would agree that seems to be the logic behind writ's. I am not sure if this is as intended or an "undocumented feature".
    Edited by Brocknar on November 23, 2015 12:18PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard PC Players are not restricted by level the way Console players are, so Drax is likely a PC Player.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have heard PC Players are not restricted by level the way Console players are, so Drax is likely a PC Player.

@UltimaJoe777 As a primarily PC player I can confirm what @Rosveen said applies to PC as well. You must be VR to do writs in Craglorn, and if you have never set eyes on Cold Harbour, the writs won't send you there yet either. (When they were first released there was a bug that WOULD try to make you turn the writs in somewhere you didn't have access to, but that was just a short-lived bug)

Does seem lame how it works for Wrothgar though :/
    Edited by MissBizz on November 23, 2015 5:55PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@UltimaJoe777 As a primarily PC player I can confirm what @Rosveen said applies to PC as well. You must be VR to do writs in Craglorn, and if you have never set eyes on Cold Harbour, the writs won't send you there yet either. (When they were first released there was a bug that WOULD try to make you turn the writs in somewhere you didn't have access to, but that was just a short-lived bug)

Does seem lame how it works for Wrothgar though :/

I guess the people that do get Writs for places they cannot access are just bugged then lol but technically Coldharbour is accessible if you travel to someone that's there. Craglorn, however, is not... Despite Coldharbour being accessible that way though you don't get Writs there if you cannot go there properly. This is why my alts who are all Master Crafters are forced to do Rawl'kha Writs (or Velyn Harbor for my Provisioner). If they fix it so you can do Orsinium Writs regardless of level though then all of them can go do those Writs, which is what I hope they will do.