The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Something is wrong here...

UltimaJoe777
UltimaJoe777
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Why do all of the Orsinium Alchemy Writs, excluding Ravage Health, require 3 Nirnroot? That isn't exactly the most common Reagent around ya know...
Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the ones in Craglorn seem to require nirnroot as well, from what I've seen so far, though I haven't been doing them diligently. A little variety of requirements would be nice there, although nirnroot I can part with, if they started asking for columbine forget it!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do all of the Orsinium Alchemy Writs, excluding Ravage Health, require 3 Nirnroot? That isn't exactly the most common Reagent around ya know...

well, I find nirnroot pretty often
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    All the ones in Craglorn seem to require nirnroot as well, from what I've seen so far, though I haven't been doing them diligently. A little variety of requirements would be nice there, although nirnroot I can part with, if they started asking for columbine forget it!

At least you can get Columbine from Surveys though.
    altemriel wrote: »

well, I find nirnroot pretty often

Well it really depends on how you approach it. It isn't that hard to find if you just go looking for it, but seeing as it only appears near water and is not part of surveys it requires going a bit out of your way to acquire.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnroot is real easy in Coldharbour and cheap in Guild Stores.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately though the Guild Stores I did check sold none. Only one store had someone selling and it was just 1 for 499 gold.

Despite how easy or hard it may be to obtain though there are so many reagents for Alchemy in this game and yet Nirnroot is all they ask for. I am fairly certain the lower-level Writs did not so what's the deal? That's all I'm getting at.
  • Dear
    Dear
    ✭✭✭
    There is a lot of nirnroot in Orsinium....
    Especially along the north west coast.
    ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
      Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
      Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
      Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
      Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
      Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
    • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
      Just go to any body of water and search around it. I pick up loads when I do a water run for alchemy.
      I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
    • poodlemasterb16_ESO
      poodlemasterb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately though the Guild Stores I did check sold none. Only one store had someone selling and it was just 1 for 499 gold.

Despite how easy or hard it may be to obtain though there are so many reagents for Alchemy in this game and yet Nirnroot is all they ask for. I am fairly certain the lower-level Writs did not so what's the deal? That's all I'm getting at.

LOL. I guess the Nirnroot scarcity of late 2015 is just beginning. It's why Nightwood became so expensive when the Craglorn writs demanded it..

I do get a fair bit fishing, my most profitable occupation.
      Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on November 23, 2015 8:55AM
    • I_killed_Vivec
      I_killed_Vivec
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I have never had a problem finding nirnroot. One in three writs requires 3 nirnroot - hardly onerous, and no different from the Craglorn writs.

I'm more upset about handing over Lorkhan's Tears, because I need that for my own purposes and not all springs in Wrothgar drop it.

• bryanhaas
      bryanhaas
      ✭✭✭✭

Farm Hollow city, you can get quite a bit there.
      PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
      Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
    • UltimaJoe777
      UltimaJoe777
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      bryanhaas wrote: »

Farm Hollow city, you can get quite a bit there.

Yeah I am aware they have quite a few spawns there lol but still my point with this thread is the reagents the Writs ask of us should be more widespread so that we don't have to go farm them more often than needed. Believe me I grab every Nirnroot I come across simply because Craglorn and Orsinium have/are depleting my stock of Nirnroot lol