Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"T²" - Tanking Tournament 1 - "Daedroth of That Size"

Personofsecrets
Personofsecrets
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Canceled until further notice.

Greetings everyone! High Kinlord Rilis is at it again and the Undaunted need your help to stop him from engulfing the world in fire!

There are two stipulations though... because of his Daedric magic the Kinlord may only be defeated if his Harvester twins are felled in front of him. Doing so will weaken Rilis' resolve. You also must not allow any Daedroth's to perish as it has been discovered that killing the Daedroth acts as a sacrifice to Rilis and will only cause him to slowly gain more power and come back to trouble Tamriel once more.

Official Rules:
You will tank Banished cells and complete the final boss fight with the following stipulations.
-Guide down and tank the Harvester mini bosses (Sister Vera & Sister Sihna) into the High Kinlord Rilis boss fight.
-Not allow any of Rilis' summoned Daedroth to die.
-Make a video of your exploits. (OBS software is easy & free to use for recording)
-Include 1 reference to "crazy hot air balloon rides" in your video.
-In the same post that you link to your video you must include the set bonuses that you are using, your skill bars, and a screenshot of your character sheet.
-In the description of you video include the link to this thread.
-Submission video and information must be posted in this thread

Judging Criteria:
-Number of Daedroth Spawned (3 points each)
-Gearing efficiency and uniqueness (1-5 point scale)
-Skill efficiency and uniqueness (1-5 point scale)
-Lack of Being Carried (1-5 point scale)
-Lack of struggling (5-10 point scale)
-Consistent Holding of Aggro of All Enemies(5-10 point scale)

*Judging criteria may be changed and is decided on by the completely arbitrary choices of the judges*
*Judges may compete in this tournament, but may not judge their own completion*
*In the case of tie, then the tied players may write an ESO based rap containing themes from the Banished Cells, judged by style, in order to break the tie. All tie breaking choices are decided by the completely arbitrary choices of @Personofsecrets *

Prizes:

Grand Prize (1st place winner)

50k gold plus the following item.

j3nG9UP.jpg

Retail Value Estimated at 150k - 250k (No longer drops very rare)

Runner Up (2nd place winner)
Rubedite Ingot x800

Retail Value Estimated at 120-140k

3rd & 4th runners up (3rd and 4th place winners)
10k, 1 Tempering Alloy, 1 Kuta & 1 Microsoft Paint drawn image of their completing toon with a sarcastic messages each.

Retail Value Estimated at 35k - 45k (I have a great artistic talent)

*In the case that a player cannot accept a prize, then it will be passed down to next in line. (3rd to fourth to fifth etc)*

Contestants:

Players from any server may enter this contest (NA, EU, PS4, XBox), but I request that you please have a forum account for me to link to. I can only offer the above prizes to players that are NA. It will be possible for you to win, but you will not receive a prize from me as I am on NA.

Players may enter on any day up to and including the final entry date. Players must submit their video within 1 week of entering the tournament. Failure to submit your video will forfeit your entrance spot, but you may enter again if the entrance deadline has not passed and there is still room for more participants.
1. @Personofsecrets (Entered & submitted)
2. @Smolt (Entered 11/14)
3. @tpanisiakb16_ESO (Entered 11/14)
4. @usmcjdking (Entered 11/20)

Judges:

Dates:
Start Date For Entry: 11/11/2015
End Date for Entry: To Be Determined
End Date for Submissions: To Be Determined
End Date for Judging: To Be Determined

Call for Help & Other Participation:

*If you would like to donate to this tournament (gold, materials and items), then please send me your prizes. We can potentially work together to increase the prize support of this tournament or, if this is a successful tournament we can use the prize support for "T²" Tanking Tournament 2. If this tournament flops for some unforeseen reason, then I will return all donations. *

*If you would like to offer any prize structure for members of EU, PS4, or Xbox, then please send me a forum or in game message (@personofsecrets).*

*If you would like to judge this tournament, then please send me a forum or in game message (@personofsecrets).*

*If you are interested in this tournament and for any reason unable to post on the forums, then please send me a forum or in game message (@personofsecrets). Try to post your entry and submission information on my forum wall and I can post it for you on this thread. I hope that works for you.* You may also be able to contact me on Reddit (Personofsecrets).

THANK YOU EVERYONE AND BEST OF LUCK!!! LETS HAVE SOME GREAT TANKING!!!
Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/qZNCIKuo2pg

YCeD2Fw.jpg

Bar 1. Absorb Magic, Entropy, Inner Rage, Pierce Armor, Obsidian Shard, Rejuvinating Barrier
    Bar 2. Extended Chains, Absorb Magic, Igneous Shield, Harness Magicka, Spell Symmetry, Corrosive Armor

@Wing @paulsimonps @zomnomnombie @ettenmoor @Sensesfail13 @MaximusDargus @Nifty2g @Tabre @usmcjdking @Smolt . What do you all think?
    Edited by Personofsecrets on November 11, 2015 10:12PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rules: Rework "Do not let daederoth die" to "Do not let daederoth die to teammates". Some of the more offensive tanks might look to fight instead of kite.

Add in some skill restrictions too to prevent the fake tanks (DPSers with S&B) from adding in their two cents:

-No jabby jabby
    -No bdsm whip
    -No twisting path
    -No overload

Judging:
    Tank specifically targeted for healing. (-)
    Tank synergizes shards/energy orbs any other resource restoration. (-)
    Tank kills Daederoth (contributes ~75% to the damage) (+)
    Edited by usmcjdking on November 12, 2015 1:16AM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about allowing tanks to kill Daedroth.
    Don't tank

• Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    Ya the more daedroth up the better. Love this idea LT! Count me in.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Smolt wrote: »
    Ya the more daedroth up the better. Love this idea LT! Count me in.

Okie dokie. You are entered. Do you want to enter right now too @usmcjdking ?
    Don't tank

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the vid have to be from the tank's PoV?
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    Does the vid have to be from the tank's PoV?

I would prefer that Thelon, but tell you what, if you know a tank that has to have a friend take the video, then try to make sure that the tank is still captured in most of the action.

There are many technical things that will be missed if the tank doesn't take their own video and that could artificially reduce their score, but perhaps said tank could also explain in words some of their strategies along with the non-tank perspective video.

I highly suggest to use OBS for recording a video, but if a friend must do the recording, then go for it and have them include the tank in as much of the video as possible.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on November 20, 2015 5:03AM
    Don't tank

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ARGGG I literally just reworked my tank into a dps build (blame zeni) :cry:

but ill keep a close eye on this and see if it makes me fork out the gold and resources to change him back, good idea Personofsecrets, will keep an eye on this!

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Wing
    Don't tank

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, I just drastically increased the prize pool. Enjoy.
    Don't tank

• Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    Did this last night, will be posting a video when I get home. I don't wanna be the only contender though! Cmon peeps, give this a try. Banished cells is the gold p pledge today so I expect at least a few more will join the fun.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did this last night, will be posting a video when I get home. I don't wanna be the only contender though! Cmon peeps, give this a try. Banished cells is the gold p pledge today so I expect at least a few more will join the fun.

Yea, @ZOS_GinaBruno said that they would try to advertise this thread on twitter over the weekend. Today would be the perfect day because of the pledge. I look forward to the video!
    Don't tank

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Yea, @ZOS_GinaBruno said that they would try to advertise this thread on twitter over the weekend. Today would be the perfect day because of the pledge. I look forward to the video!

In that case, we'll get a tweet out tonight instead. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In that case, we'll get a tweet out tonight instead. :)

Thank you very much!
    Don't tank

• Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can solo this boss tanking it with my sorc pet build
    Nice video. Bonus points for holding all the aggro
    Edited by Bfish22090 on November 20, 2015 8:26PM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    I can solo this boss tanking it with my sorc pet build
    Nice video. Bonus points for holding all the aggro

Sounds neat!
    Don't tank

• usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be giving this a go tonight!

Don't know how good I'll do since I can't just kill the Daederoth. Manfighter tank gon' struuuuuggggleeeeee!
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I'll be giving this a go tonight!

Don't know how good I'll do since I can't just kill the Daederoth. Manfighter tank gon' struuuuuggggleeeeee!

Okay! I am excited to see what you come up with!
    Don't tank

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I just did this again and have to say that it is tough. I didn't realize so many things could screw up the game plan. I got pretty lucky on my recorded attempt.
    Don't tank

• Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    Also we couldn't start the boss fight with the harvesters up. I couldn't interact with the crystal thingy to start the fight with the harvesters up. Not sure, but maybe they added it to make it so you can't skip the harvesters anymore?
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also we couldn't start the boss fight with the harvesters up. I couldn't interact with the crystal thingy to start the fight with the harvesters up. Not sure, but maybe they added it to make it so you can't skip the harvesters anymore?

I just did it earlier today. It should still work. You have to have someone touch the crystal first and then you pull the harvesters down. Good luck @Smolt
    Don't tank

• Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    Shoot lol, guess I'll try it again. Had 8 daedroth up too...
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that is crazy. I really want to see you in action.
    Don't tank

• tpanisiakb16_ESO
    tpanisiakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Damn, nice. We end up with about 6. I keep losing one due to thinking I have it taunted when I don't. I hate the lack of visual feedback when there's too much in front of you. Easy enough to snag back though, but I've not been happy with it yet so I've not submitted the video.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Damn, nice. We end up with about 6. I keep losing one due to thinking I have it taunted when I don't. I hate the lack of visual feedback when there's too much in front of you. Easy enough to snag back though, but I've not been happy with it yet so I've not submitted the video.

Take your time. And I agree that targeting is really poor in this game.
    Don't tank

• KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this in your sig today.

This looks really fun, just wish I was better at tanking. I won't be participating but I will definitely be watching this thread for the submissions. Might just help make me a better tank. Have fun with it everyone and can't wait to see the submissions.
    Nerf RNG! Nerf BoP! Buff Everything else!
    She won't leave me because I'm too ugly to kiss goodbye...
    *@KewaG - Steam and ESO. Write ESO Steam player in my comments if you want to be Steam friends.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * Ebonheart Pact - Mostly
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
    * I Haven't played much PvP
    * Main: Golam Ralas
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KewaG wrote: »

This looks really fun, just wish I was better at tanking. I won't be participating but I will definitely be watching this thread for the submissions. Might just help make me a better tank. Have fun with it everyone and can't wait to see the submissions.

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I hope that you give this at least a try!
    Don't tank

• KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    KewaG wrote: »

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I hope that you give this at least a try!

Totally going to try it, but I'm very reliant on team support to get through dungeons. I wouldn't meet most of your judging criteria and I just don't want to embarrass myself.
    Nerf RNG! Nerf BoP! Buff Everything else!
    She won't leave me because I'm too ugly to kiss goodbye...
    *@KewaG - Steam and ESO. Write ESO Steam player in my comments if you want to be Steam friends.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * Ebonheart Pact - Mostly
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
    * I Haven't played much PvP
    * Main: Golam Ralas
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL.

Tried it with a PUG and got COMPLETELY dumpstered by the first Rilis fire. I'll give it a go with some folks when Gold Key isn't on the line but I will say that it isn't lacking in the quality entertainment department.

Even when I thought I had the answer and casted rememberance, LOL NOPE. Held, burned, lifted.....dumpstered. 10/10 will try again.

I seem to be at my peak tanking capability at around 4 Daederoth when we did it without the sisters. Any more than that and it becomes too much of a resource drain to keep myself alive without assistance. So I just opted to just kill them instead.
    Edited by usmcjdking on November 21, 2015 2:53AM
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea mate.

Really looking forward to see how this unfolds.

Show us your prowess proud tank of Tamriel.
    Let your shields and unbreakable will be testament to skill and fortune.