The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Alliance Is Best For Imperial Characters?

laislyn
laislyn
Hi guys!

So, I've been thinking about making an Imperial character, and I need to decide which alliance she should join.

Lore-wise, which alliance would make the most sense for someone who has fled the Daedra-worship of Cyrodil?

Hope you can help with this!
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say probably the Daggerfall Covenant, because they are trying to put Humans back in Cyrodiil.

The Ebonheart Pact may be a close second. The Aldmeri Dominion however, would probably not be a choice due to them wanting to put High Elves in power.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • Beerbong_Ginn
    Beerbong_Ginn
    ✭✭✭
    I went with the Pact for my Imperial. I have this gut feeling that the Nords will play a key part in ultimately uniting Tamriel.
    Edited by Beerbong_Ginn on June 2, 2014 4:56PM
    Helvius Inebriato - Imperial Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
    Belladonna Faleri - Imperial Sorcerer, Aldmeri Dominion
    Drinks-under-tables - Argonian Templar, Daggerfall Covenant
    Koh'rona gra-Beerchugger - Orc Nightblade, Daggerfall Covenant
    The Beerwench - Nord Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Ican Hazbeer - Khajiit Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
    Yukan Hazbeer - Khajiit Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Emeritus - Dunmer Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Meretrix - Dunmer Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Ignitus - Dunmer Templar, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Obscurus - Dunmer Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Faeliinyth - Bosmer Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Byress Ginerva - Breton Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/beerbong_ginn Twitter: @BeerbongGinn
    Should join The Aldmeri Dominion now before we crush all others beneath our heels. Men have had their chance and failed, time for Mer to once again fix everything. This time we shall rule ourselves. Tamriel needs our wisdom and the guidance of our ancient ways.
    I am the flame which lights the way. I am wisdom attained and knowledge sought.
    By my power the darkness is burned. My will the tides are turned. Arcane might is my weapon. Elemental fury, my shield. Know me as The Sorceress. And fear the name,
    Ravenheart
    !
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭
    The Dominion seeks a world where (alt)Mer rules over man.

The Pact seeks to create a council of independent nations out of the provinces, each joined for military protection but separate from one another in other matters.

The Covenant seeks to forge a united Empire with a single, strong leader.

Choose what you think is the best goal for your character. If he/she seeks a return to the glory days of Reman Cyrodiil, then I suggest the Covenant.
    "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
    Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
  • Heroborg
    Heroborg
    ✭✭
    I think DC because they want a good Empire with strong infrastructure the other two just want power not the good of the people. Sadly DC zones are not very warm and friendly as AD especially Rivenspire and Bangkorai
    Daggerfall Covenant Loyalist
  • Artemisshrikes
    Artemisshrikes
    ✭✭✭
    what kind of question is that?
    VR 16 Dragonknight Sarenvog (AD, Former Emperor)
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    laislyn wrote: »
    Lore-wise, which alliance would make the most sense for someone who has fled the Daedra-worship of Cyrodil?

Depends on where the Imperial is from actually, what part of the Empire. You have those that are more Nordic and those that are more Elvin lineage. The Empire seems to me to have a more human dominant feel to it in my opinion, but that may be tainted because of Tiber Septum's eventual arrival (future for ESO).

I would say DC or EP. Between the two, I prefer DC quests, though EP quests get good when you get into the Skyrim areas. Imperials are shrewd tradesmen so they can probably fit in anywhere with the right rp. :)

"Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question would be to not think lore-wise, but think character-wise.

What's her backstory in more detail?

Fled - to where? With whom? What happened?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys do realize that this is necromancy of a thread that died over a year ago do you? sigh...
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on October 25, 2015 4:09PM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • MrAddled
    MrAddled
    Soul Shriven
    I would say Daggerfall, if simply because they have the most humans in it.
    Frankly Selique phrased it best.
    “Laughter is good for you. Nine out of ten stand-up comedians recommend laughter in the face of intense stupidity.”
    ― Jim Butcher, Proven Guilty

“The human mind is not a terribly logical or consistent place.”
    ― Jim Butcher, Turn Coat
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    you guys do realize that this is necromancy of a thread that died over a year ago do you? sigh...

So what is your point?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Todomirk
    Todomirk
    Soul Shriven
    According to the site, the Ebonheart Pact is meant to serve as an alliance of convenience, meant to outlast the Molag Bal invasion and defend against invading nations. Imperials who want to retain the Empire wouldn't side with this alliance, as they don't even want an Empire.

The Aldmeri want elven supremacy, specifically for a certain type of elf. This is the least likely to have an Imperial in.

Daggerfall Covenant want to have a stable and secure Empire that brings prosperity to all, the only alliance that would actually make sense for an Empire-serving Imperial.

But in the end, as with real countries, everyone is different. Your Imperial might've disliked life in an empire, or believed that only elves should lead. Just because one is an Imperial doesn't mean they are drones of their most prosperous nation's leadership.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely EP! We could always use a new warrior!
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall, then dominion and pact last, since the pact don't seem as interested in bringing stability to Cyrodiil as they are in protecting their boarders.

Covenant basically want what most imperials do.

Dominion also want the empire reformed, but with elves at the head, I've seen quite a few dominion imperial NPCs, like that one guy in Grhatwood.

So yeah. Covenant.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Jorva
    Jorva
    ✭✭
    Lorewise, I agree with the others for the Covenant. But what I'm going to say, don't take me for granted since it is just based off rumors. From my experiences of meeting new roleplayers and keeping in touch via RP websites, I hear that the Covenant RP communities aren't very good. I think it has something to do with communities limiting to certain races. Being human, you might be fine there as an Imperial, but I'm not too sure.

If you're looking for much more active RP areas, I know from personal experience that the Ebonheart Pact is very active. I've never tried in the Dominion zones but they seem pretty strong there as well... They just frown down upon humans there.
    Jorvo Stormwolf
    Ebonheart Pact
    PC Platform
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jorva wrote: »
    Lorewise, I agree with the others for the Covenant. But what I'm going to say, don't take me for granted since it is just based off rumors. From my experiences of meeting new roleplayers and keeping in touch via RP websites, I hear that the Covenant RP communities aren't very good. I think it has something to do with communities limiting to certain races. Being human, you might be fine there as an Imperial, but I'm not too sure.

If you're looking for much more active RP areas, I know from personal experience that the Ebonheart Pact is very active. I've never tried in the Dominion zones but they seem pretty strong there as well... They just frown down upon humans there.

EP and AD have far more race specific guilds. Nords, Altmer, and Dunmer love keeping to themselves. All factions have their bad RP.
  • Jorva
    Jorva
    ✭✭
    EP and AD have far more race specific guilds. Nords, Altmer, and Dunmer love keeping to themselves. All factions have their bad RP.

Really? I thought there were many nord guilds that still welcomed in outsiders, but Dunmer can be the bad part of EP RP. Skyrim communities easily makes up for it.

Jorvo Stormwolf
    Ebonheart Pact
    PC Platform
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selique wrote: »
    I'd say probably the Daggerfall Covenant, because they are trying to put Humans back in Cyrodiil.

The Ebonheart Pact may be a close second. The Aldmeri Dominion however, would probably not be a choice due to them wanting to put High Elves in power.

That's right, though I think the Ebonhart Pact is the best choice, with Daggerfall Covenant second.

Think of it like this. The Ebonhart Pact has vampires in it, but the vampires do not run the Ebonhart Pact. The Daggerfall Covenant has werewolves in it, but the werewolves don't run the Daggerfall Covenant. The Aldmeri Dominion has elves in it...

You see where this is going?
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    what kind of question is that?
    Agreed. Imperials shouldn't have to chose one faction or another, knowing that they all want to conquer and occupy their country! What about a "Resistance" faction that would have bases in all other countries (to avoid a brand new player to spawn in a pvp area)?

• kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Pact is the only real choice. Altmer only allied with the Khjiit cause they had too they use Khjiit and Bosmer and would gladly kill them both once they have power.

The "leaders" of Dagger Fall wants to unite the "Empire" but that just the empire of man Talo made the first and only continent wide empire. They will have to over come forces of Dominion and Dominion and Pact while battling the Armies of Molag Bal.

The Pact has a long history of distrust Nors hate magic and beast folk. Dummer hate Nords and don't see beast folk as equals. Argonians have no reason to fight they could at anytime retreat to the inner Marsh and they would never be hurled by anyone.

Argonians face no real danger if they fall back enemies can't follow them in to far.

Dummer are guided and guarded by Theee Gods what do they have to fear. The Living Gods would only need to wipe out a few waves before they enemies look at 100% losses with zero enemy soldiers killed and just walk away, make a deal or both.

Nords could more then hold their own in Skyrim. They have every reason to hate and distrust their alliance but they have made it work. Remember the Night Of Tears Nords do.

The Ebonheart Pact seen a threat put their problems aside and stood together, as one. This war will leave many angry hateful souls on Nirn The Pact is the only Alliance that has shown that they can and will over come the problems and hatred of the recent past.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Archer79
    Archer79
    Deleted
    Edited by Archer79 on November 6, 2015 1:19PM
  • zydrateanatomy

Really? I thought there were many nord guilds that still welcomed in outsiders, but Dunmer can be the bad part of EP RP. Skyrim communities easily makes up for it.

My main is a Dunmer. This is not good news :(
  • Nichordius
    Nichordius
    ✭✭

My main is a Dunmer. This is not good news :(

I've known Telvanni guilds to have argonians as high ranking members. Contrary to Jorva's feelings, I think THAT'S bad rp.
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    Someone has been digging out of this forum post since it started way back May 2014 :D
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall Covenant probably makes the most sense for Imperials.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Dear
    Dear
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is helpful to me, since I am rolling an Imp soon...

I also enjoy how seriously the lore is taken here.
    ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
      Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
      Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
      Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
      Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
      Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
    • RPGplayer13579
      RPGplayer13579
      ✭✭✭✭
      I have 2 Imperial Characters. One in the Daggerfall Covenant and one in the Ebonheart Pact. See below for more info on them.
      My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
      Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
      Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
      Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
      Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
      Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
      Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
      Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
      Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
      Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
      Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
      Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
      Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Aigym_Hlervu
      Aigym_Hlervu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have 2 Imperial Characters. One in the Daggerfall Covenant and one in the Ebonheart Pact. See below for more info on them.

Was that your Marvolo jo-Riddle the Khajiiti necromancer aspect to raise this thread from the dead ;)? Since those years passed we have the lore expanded on that matter. General Meric Renmus, the commander of the Thirteenth Legion, Prefect Calo and their soldiers are a good example how do the Imperials fit within the Aldmeri ranks. They both and their soldiers attended the royal ceremony at the Senchal palace along with the regular Dominion troops. Though in my version of the Elder Scroll ;) Renmus decided to travel back to Cyrodiil, in your parchment though he might stay in Elsweyr and continue his service to the local authority and thus the Dominion. Nonetheless, they are along with some other Imperials are a good example of an Imperial serving the Dominion.
      Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on April 11, 2020 12:44AM
    • goldCoaster
      goldCoaster
      ✭✭✭
      DC is the least fascist of the three.

Imperials are by default globalists, multi-culturalists, and internationalists.

They are a poor fit for the other 2 factions.