Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why would my character from the AD want to help the Orcs?

mb10
mb10
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Struggling to lie to myself here for the sake of role playing so can anyone give me a hand realistically as to WHY on Earth would I want to help them?
Feel like Im paying £20 or whatever it is for the Maelstrom Arena only.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scenario 1:
    Because you're sympathetic to the struggles they've been through, the fact their home was torn down every time it was rebuilt. So you've decided to help them out, then resume normal conflict once the job is done.

Scenario 2:
    You're a warrior. You enjoy fair fights and heavy battle, you're also extremely honourable. But how can you have a good war when Orsinium is in such a dire state? So you help them rebuild in the hopes they will put up a stronger fight.

Scenario 3:
    You've got a soft spot for Orcs.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character certainly wouldn't help the Orcs. She'd roll her eyes and continue on with Altmer supremacy. That being said, it'd be very possible that she'd be sucked into helping them, and then end up helping to solve the problem.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? Pass up an opportunity to spy on the DC?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dear
    Dear
    ✭✭✭
    One of my characters will take any opportunity to help people.
    She doesn't enjoy fighting. She enjoys seeing solutions to issues.
    The war never sat right with her. The orcs aren't enemies to her.
    They're just people on the other side of political problems.

Another of mine will take any opportunity to get more money.
    He doesn't care about anyone but himself, really, and he's sinfully greedy.
    But he would pretend to head over to help if it meant something was in it for him.

There's also the exploration aspect. Getting to see a new part of the world.
    Richter brings up a great point about spying out the enemy situation and land.
    (In case your character ever had aspirations to invade or use knowledge for strategy.)
    ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
      Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
      Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
      Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
      Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
      Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
    • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
      It get's better. A few times I was handing in writs to the Orisium Quatermaster he said that "These supplies will do well in Cyrodiil"...

Say what!?
      I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      What? Pass up an opportunity to spy on the DC?

^This. And also my AD char is more than happy to have a few Orc chieftains look on her favorably and/or owe her favors. After all, we know the Orcs are uneasy with their Breton and Redguard allies, and it only takes one misstep by Emeric or Fahara'jad to give the Dominion a chance to step in and say...

...hey. We saw your 'allies' aren't treating you very well. Want to be friends?

Then no more Covenant! >:)

My character is basically the Dominion's PR department.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works
    • mb10
      mb10
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Some nice answers guys thanks!
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It get's better. A few times I was handing in writs to the Orisium Quatermaster he said that "These supplies will do well in Cyrodiil"...

Say what!?

Now we know who the 4th faction will be, and all this time we thought it was the Imperials...
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    • jircris11
      jircris11
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      mb10 wrote: »
      Struggling to lie to myself here for the sake of role playing so can anyone give me a hand realistically as to WHY on Earth would I want to help them?
      Feel like Im paying £20 or whatever it is for the Maelstrom Arena only.

if you think about it AD is willing to help those in need, perhaps you are there to try and gain their allegiance for the faction or maybe you are spying on them?
      IGN: Ki'rah
      Khajiit/Vampire
      DC/AD faction/NA server.
      RPer
    • Arunei
      Arunei
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      It would help more if you tell us a bit about your character's personality and backstory so we can see how to work helping Wrothgar in there 3.

Or you could be like me. When I'm just playing the game I'm OOC. I'm only IC when actually engaged in RP, so the things I do and choose don't reflect on Speaks unless I've taken on her persona.
      Character List [RP and PvE]:
      Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
      Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
      Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
      Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
      Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
      Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
      Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
      Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
      Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
      Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
      Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
      Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
      Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
      Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
      Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
    • Celas_Dranacea
      Celas_Dranacea
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      As soon as I get that bear themed costume I'm gonna start robbing them
      A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf