Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Provisioners out of business?

Fat-Larry-Makes-All
Those 3 Blue recipes you get from the Orsinium quests, they scale to your level right? Doesn't that mean that anyone with 1 SP in Provisioning, to make Fine recipes, is able to provide for his own food/drink buffs for almost all situations..?

I am Vr13 and all my skillpoints were invested somewhere else, but after investing 1 SP I was able to make Vr15 food which did exactly what I want. Boost my max health by 4800ish and my magicka regen by whatever that scales to at Vr15. And for two hours !

Don't get me wrong, I really love these new foods, and the whole of Orsinium for that matter, bit this felt a bit too easy.
Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quests were dog simple and everyone can create alts to do them again and again. I'm really considering respecing and dropping most of my skill points from Provisioning because of this. I need to check and see what the requirements for making exp drinks are first though.
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    The quests were dog simple and everyone can create alts to do them again and again. I'm really considering respecing and dropping most of my skill points from Provisioning because of this. I need to check and see what the requirements for making exp drinks are first though.

Same here, I have one whole skill-point invested in Provisioning at the moment and no reasons to spend a single more.

I suppose the Chef and Brewer passives for extra servings are still worthwile, but I got plenty of ingredients for now so I can use those skillpoints far more effectively somewhere else.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't see a problem with the new recipes but maybe provisioning itself.

It literally takes about 10min to max out provisioning. I have max provisioning on all my characters to extend the time of my foods and drinks.

Like seriously all it takes is about 15k gold and 10min time and boom max provisioning with 3 skills points and 4 recipes.

You guys are out of business not because of the new stuff but rather how easy it is now to become a master cook.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have looked at the new Blue Recipes, and quite frankly, they don't help my character builds.

Provisioning is easy to level, but I can still sell foods if I price them reasonably. But, I make more money selling ingredients so it's still a viable money maker as I get plenty of ingredients from writs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    remilafo wrote: »
    i don't see a problem with the new recipes but maybe provisioning itself.

It literally takes about 10min to max out provisioning. I have max provisioning on all my characters to extend the time of my foods and drinks.

Like seriously all it takes is about 15k gold and 10min time and boom max provisioning with 3 skills points and 4 recipes.

You guys are out of business not because of the new stuff but rather how easy it is now to become a master cook.

Well yeay, it's so easy I figured everybody who tried has level 50 in provisioning. It's the decision wether or not to invest skillpoints into Provisioning that makes you a chef or not.

And that's the thing, you can now provide for a lot of your own culinary needs with only 1 skillpoint.
    Nestor wrote: »
    I have looked at the new Blue Recipes, and quite frankly, they don't help my character builds.

Well maybe not right away, but perhaps it wouldn't be too hard to switch around a few things to capitalise on these new max stat and regen combos..?

To clarify: these new additions only affect me in a positive way and I love them. I might RP a bit as a chef (my character is fat), but I'm not bothered at all, quite the contrary. But I do think they've made putting skillpoints into Provisioning less attractive.

Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It takes more than 1 skill point to get the max benefit from making and using XP pots. That's enough reason for me to leave things alone. It's not like there is a shortage of skill points to be had, anyway.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What OP is getting at is the fact consumables scale in Cyrodiil, Wrothgar, and any other place that Battle Levels thus rendering a Banana Surprise as effective as Thrice-Baked Gorapple Pie. I do understand his concern but at the very least we still need such Recipes for Writs.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please explain to me the benefits of the new provisioning writs?
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    Please explain to me the benefits of the new provisioning writs?

Lockpicks :p

Just looked at my Recipe list via a Cooking Fire in Wrothgar and it turns out Recipes closer to your level or higher are more effective than those below them.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 19, 2015 8:13PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well maybe not right away, but perhaps it wouldn't be too hard to switch around a few things to capitalise on these new max stat and regen combos..?

Don't use Regen drinks now, so no, these will not help me.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"