Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magic Tank set up.

Sythen88411
Sythen88411
✭✭✭✭
Been searching for a good magic tank set up. Thoughts ideas crafted and drop sets alike.
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    My first thought is go dk because of the earthen heart passive that gives stamina back when you use an earthen heart ability because you still need stamina to block and this seems best way to generate it with a magicka based build.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard a lot of good things from tank NBs too.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go and check out this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAghedTLYSc
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    All classes can tank, most of them either as magicka or stamina.

Choose your class first. Then we can help.
    NinjaMyk wrote: »
    My first thought is go dk because of the earthen heart passive that gives stamina back when you use an earthen heart ability because you still need stamina to block and this seems best way to generate it with a magicka based build.

The best way to regenerate stamina is to have a templar healer who knows his job :)

As for the DK, Helping Hands passive gives back 2% of stam. So yeah, a Magicka DK can use more abilities to regain stamina, but a Stamina DK will regain more stam per skill used. At the end of the road, it's more or less the same.
    The really big difference for the DK in my opinion ? The chain. A stamina DK won't be able to use it a lot (and between the various degrees of fails of the skill, you usually need more than a try fir it to work :p)

NB works better in magicka from what I've seen, because they spam magicka skills to regain stamina (Shiphoning Attacks/Funnel Health-Sap Essence). But in the video you linked @Johngo0036 , I really don't see the point of Hist Bark anymore in this build.
    Seducer is so much better. Imperium is also a good choice but a hassle to get with good trait so, meh.

I run primarily with a sorc magicka tank. We've done all the speed/no death in IC so I take it that my build works well. I also have something between 3-6k DPS which is not too bad for a tank imho.
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • RobbaYaga
    RobbaYaga
    ✭✭
    Dragon kings, dying queens; where is salvation now?