The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Scaling of resources in Orsinium is broken.

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
I thought nodes and animal raw materials were meant to scale? Works fine with my V16 and I'm getting Shadowhide, Voidstone and Void Bloom etc...

But with my V6 I'm getting jute, rawhide, maple and iron ore. What gives?
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its related to your skill level in the Crafting lines. You have to be at 10/10 on Blacksmithing on that character to receive voidstone/rubedite, for example.
    N64 NA EP
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then it's definitely broken. I'm top level on all of them.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Then it's definitely broken. I'm top level on all of them.

If you really have 10 points in crafting passives, and not just level 50 in crafting skills, then you are bugged. But It certainly not game wide. Scaling works fine for me. I see the appropriate resource nodes for my characters crafting passive levels.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Being at level 10, I once also received worthless iron ore when the node said "voidstone" first.
    I do not think the game should label ressources wrong.
    However, most of the time the nodes are working fine and the probability for V15+ mats is good.

Edited by BalticBlues on November 19, 2015 2:28PM
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being at level 10, I once also received worthless iron ore when the node said "voidstone" first.
    However, most of the time the nodes are working fine and the probability for V15+ mats is good.

That sounds like a bug. On PTS they were saying someone could lock the node at a lower level if they didn't harvest it.

It was working last night for me. Except on alchemy water and potency runes. Might be my sample size and lack of time.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There were reports during PTS testing that if a player with lower passives opened a node, but did not actually harvest anything, the node then stayed at that level when harvested even though higher passive players see the node at their passive level. This sounds exactly like what you describe. Worth doing /bug and /feedback. I would hate to get iron from a rubedite node.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)