The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Needed 24gb free space to download DLC?

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
For real? I left my PS4 on in rest mode - only to find it didn't begin to download because I only had 22GB free space left on the HDD?

Is this DLC going to be THAT big, or is it some bizarre way that the DLC is going to work when it downloads??
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found that rest mode does not download fame patches for me. System stuff for sure, maybe app stuff (I don't pay attention.

I turn my Ps4 on when I leave for work and it downloads. The patch is 10gb, the 24 is the size of the whole package. So your PS will check the file and download just the part you need.
  • OneWhomWaits
    OneWhomWaits
    ✭✭✭
    Does not matter much. :sigh:

Even fully downloaded I can't get in as the servers are still under maintenance. Download moves along fairly quickly, you will likely finish before they ever get the servers up.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... I have it now. Myrrrob, you have to check you settings to ensure that in rest mode it will download (go to power saving settings) and also have the auto-downloads setup.

Mine tried - but didn't have the space. It's done now - only to discover maintenance is STILL going on lol.
  • orlan
    orlan
    Well i just downloaded the 1.09 update, i think it's done what it needs to do, and its compiling now, the percentage rate is going up it's not downloading anymore data, i can see it's not downloading more date through my router Traffic Manager.
  • Rumancek
    Rumancek
    ✭✭✭
    Is it actually 24gb or perhaps it's downloading half of that in temp files and the rest is the actual patch? I've never really looked into it, but I play mostly digital download which means RIP hard drive space until I update my PS4 drive XD
    "I do know one thing. You need to have trust and honesty. Without trust and honesty it won't work." -Friday Night Lights
    CP: 873 | CURRENTLY: Slowly dipping my toes into PVP while helping my SO level her first few toons. (Edited 8/23/2023)
    PLAYED SINCE: PC/Mac beta, then February 7, 2014 (PC) before moving to PS4 NA from July 28, 2015 where I’ve remained.

Ibiza Aldemir | Redguard Nightblade | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (OG MAIN)
    Doe Snot | Wood Elf Necromancer | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Mortal
    Volodýmyr | Redguard Nightblade | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire (PVP MAIN)
    Mjau Aldemir | High Elf Arcanist | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (PVE MAIN ALT)
    Neekläus* | Breton Sorcerer | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire
    Ste | Imperial Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf
    Nae Jamie Fraser* | Breton Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf

*Yes, Jamie is an Outlander reference, and yes, Neekläus is a TVD/The Originals reference.