Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Might return

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
Ok, so I think I only was level 10 max before I left the game and returned to gw2, but the expansion being so boring might be giving this another chance as I didn't fully try before. I have a few questions I should of asked before leaving to begin with I hope I can get help with now.

1. Is this game truly still an active game? And do you think it will remain that way?

2. I know it's an mmo, but I typically like to play mmo games by myself. Is it possible to really get to max level and gear by myself?

3. I was having a very difficult problem with crafting and finding crafting material,I couldn't find anything like gw2 trading post or an auction hall or anything, does it even exist?

4. Is this a play how I want game? If I want a pure stamina sword shield nightblade for example (wanting to solo) or just a pure magika dual wield dagger build is that an issue at all? Or do I need the meta to pretty much always do well.

Thanks to any input anyone can give me

Best Answer

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. In my opinion it's active enough. It's not as crowded as it was right after launch, but I can still find enough players every time I'm looking for a group. I hope it will stay that way, but I can't predict the future. Though if the put the same effort in future dlcs as they in the latest one and manage to improve the sever stability in pvp, then I don't see a reason why a significant number of players should stop playing.
    2. If you complete all solo content, you should get to max level. Gear depends on what you need. There is endgame gear that only drops in group dungeons and is bound on pickup, but you don't loose much if you only use gear, that can be crafted, traded or obtained in solo content.
    3. There is no global auction house, but there are multiple guild merchants. In every major city there are merchants that can be hired by a guild and then everyone in the guild can sell his stuff.
    4. Well, every restriction you add for your own character might become a weakness, but as long as you don't aim for world best scores in trials you have a lot of freedom how to play your character.
    Answer ✓
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. In my opinion it's active enough. It's not as crowded as it was right after launch, but I can still find enough players every time I'm looking for a group. I hope it will stay that way, but I can't predict the future. Though if the put the same effort in future dlcs as they in the latest one and manage to improve the sever stability in pvp, then I don't see a reason why a significant number of players should stop playing.
    2. If you complete all solo content, you should get to max level. Gear depends on what you need. There is endgame gear that only drops in group dungeons and is bound on pickup, but you don't loose much if you only use gear, that can be crafted, traded or obtained in solo content.
    3. There is no global auction house, but there are multiple guild merchants. In every major city there are merchants that can be hired by a guild and then everyone in the guild can sell his stuff.
    4. Well, every restriction you add for your own character might become a weakness, but as long as you don't aim for world best scores in trials you have a lot of freedom how to play your character.

So if I do not join a guild what would be my best option in buying a lot of crafting materials to level my crafting and have enough stuff to one day craft veteran armor?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't need to be in a guild to buy crafting materials and other stuff from merchants. You can just walk to them and interact with them similar to other npc traders. You just need to be in a guild if you want to sell stuff.
    Another option would be zone chat, which is mostly used for trading and to find group members for dungeons.
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh awesome, do these merchants generally sell the required mats even for high level gear?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, depends on the guilds who hired them. But in the main cities (Wayrest, Elden Root, Mournhold, Belkarth) you shouldn't have problems to find whatever material you need.
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. Thank you for the help. I'm going to be giving the game another try today after work.