Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Class/Armor/Weapon is most fun for Stamina based Brawler?

Marukeru
Marukeru
✭✭
I'm coming back to the game from a pretty long break.
I am interested in picking up and (role)playing a character who:
  • Primarily uses Weapon Skills
  • Has moderate damage output
  • Has moderate durability
  • Doesn't use Stealth much
  • Doesn't require too many class skills (Ideally not more than 2-3 per bar, excluding Ultimate)
  • Not Race dependent (I would like freedom to play any race)

Please understand that I am not looking for some top-tier min/maxed PvP build, and I'm not too concerned with Veteran content at this time. This is more or less for a Role Play experience to enjoy the lore of the game and enjoy character development. I'm just not sure what would be a good, fun experience with weapons/class combos.

What Suggestions might you guys have?
What class would you suggest? Why that class? Which skills?
What weapon sets and skills? What armor?

Thank you for your assistance!

Best Answers

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's just PvE you're interested in, stam sorc is the way to go. With Rally+Crit surge and Steel Tornado, you just aint dying.
    It sounds perfect for you because you only want to use a couple of class skills. The only ones I'm using from the sorc trees are crit surge and boundless storm (resistance and movement speed), oh and a toggle I guess (bound armaments).
    They have some great passives for weapon damage, max stamina and max health, making them perfect for a brawler type character.
    Playing as a stam sorc is about as "raw" as you're going to get when it comes to stamina builds. You'll be relying heavily on weapon and armour skill lines, while letting your sorc passives boost your stats.

Good race choices would be; Imperial (max stam, max health), Redguard (Great stamina sustain), Orc (Health recovery, increased damage on charged attacks, minor max health/stam), Khajiit (weapon critical rating, health/stam recovery)
    While a choice I wouldn't make myself, there's nothing wrong with Dark Elf if you want to take that path, though the races above would suit it better.
    Answer ✓
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marukeru wrote: »
    What might you suggest Attribute-wise? How about armor grades (L/M/H)?
    If you go Imperial like I did, you get a decent 12% increase in health. I'm currently at over 20k with all points in stamina. As long as you hit that 20k mark, then you're good to go.
    I use full medium, always. The passives are too damn good to wear anything else.
    Answer ✓
  • Ponyboy9569
    Well i am running a stamina sorc at the moment which is nice and simple to use and build, featuring high weapon damage and moderate survivability. Untill you have crit surge you are probably going to die alot, but i use a nice combo of weapon and class skills. you can give it a try if you want but not sure if this is the kind of build you are looking for
    (All attributes to stamina)
    Dark elf Sorcerer (race is up to you, im just in ebonheart and i like dark elfs)
    2HD first bar-Critical surge/wrecking blow/critical rush/bolt escape/forward momentum/ Ult is overload until FG lvl 10, then switch for that ult
    DW for backup (for AoE) Steel tornado/Crit Surge/Bolt escape/blade cloak/caltrops (if/when you have it/use any other skill in its place, possibly hidden blade or lightning splash)/ same ultimate

The only time stealth is use full is for PvE, sneak up behind enemies and use wrecking blow, should normally 1 hit if not leave them 1 hit from dead. and then of course PvP always needs stealth. feel free to improve on the build because i just kinda made it up as i went along, and let me know if you decide to try it out and happen to improve it xD would be appreciated
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee
  • Marukeru
    Marukeru
    ✭✭
    Not a bad idea Ponyboy9569.

Seems to have a decent amount of damage, both single target and AoE. Only reason I'd shy away from it, personally, is due to the fact it seems to not have the durability that I desire.

That being said, I think it could still be fun.
  • Ponyboy9569
    Yeah the durability comes from crit surge and crit rush, Crit surge heals for %66 of damage done (on my char, idk if my passives and my champion points are boosting it) when you land a critical hit, and critical rush criticals every time, with the morph that increases damage with distance, you create that distance with your bolt escape, then hit with a wrecking blow and weave heavy attack for some stamina regen, create and close the gap again using bolt escape and crit rush.. its nice and mobile which does help your durability with the constant critical hits healing you, but it is still fairly squishy. if you do end up trying it out defs let me know how it works out and any improvement tips
  • Marukeru
    Marukeru
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    If it's just PvE you're interested in, stam sorc is the way to go. With Rally+Crit surge and Steel Tornado, you just aint dying.
    It sounds perfect for you because you only want to use a couple of class skills. The only ones I'm using from the sorc trees are crit surge and boundless storm (resistance and movement speed), oh and a toggle I guess (bound armaments).
    They have some great passives for weapon damage, max stamina and max health, making them perfect for a brawler type character.
    Playing as a stam sorc is about as "raw" as you're going to get when it comes to stamina builds. You'll be relying heavily on weapon and armour skill lines, while letting your sorc passives boost your stats.

Good race choices would be; Imperial (max stam, max health), Redguard (Great stamina sustain), Orc (Health recovery, increased damage on charged attacks, minor max health/stam), Khajiit (weapon critical rating, health/stam recovery)
    While a choice I wouldn't make myself, there's nothing wrong with Dark Elf if you want to take that path, though the races above would suit it better.

• Ponyboy9569
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Marukeru wrote: »
    If you go Imperial like I did, you get a decent 12% increase in health. I'm currently at over 20k with all points in stamina. As long as you hit that 20k mark, then you're good to go.
    I use full medium, always. The passives are too damn good to wear anything else.

I agree medium armor is the way to go. i also wear full med unless i am in imperial city (only pvp i do) in pvp i wear 5 pieces of med armor giving me the set bonuses and the passive increasing weapon damage with a set of 5 pieces of medium armor, as well as the other great passives, and then i wear gloves and boots of heavy armor for the first set bonus as well as heavy armor passives, giving a much needed boost to health armor rating and health regeneration. But for pve and straight dps definitely go with full medium