The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Orsinium landscape creating crash issues?

LaucianNailor
LaucianNailor
✭✭✭
Hi,

I used to suffer regular App crashes with ESO, which completely vanished when I upgraded to 10.11.1.

Now since I have gone into Orsinium, I'm seeing occasional missing textures i.e. fluorescent pink creatures (Wildlife/horses etc) wandering about and it will shortly afterwards be followed by an App crash again. Whilst before 10.11.1 I used to get a crash with about 3900mb memory peak use, its now showing about 4100 at the crash point.

I have a late 2013 27" iMac, 24GB memory and a 4GB GTX780M. What I'm trying to callout really ( @chris.dillman ) is that a former completely stable system/settings Mac is somehow now having problems but purely when in Wrothgar. What is different in terms of how the client is handling all the assets/resources when in Wrothgar compared to the rest of the game world?
Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
Inside Trade Guild
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have any missing textures issues; just some times some lag / bad frame rate while the zone / dungeon 1st load up. The DLC or ESO almost never crashed on me. I have a PC.
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    OK as an update, I'm convinced something about textures/memory handling is untoward.

In a couple of hours in Orsinium I've crashed 4 times and its usually always within 10 minutes of missing textures/pink objects (i.e. player mounts that are rendered fine outside Orsinium) becoming visible.
    I've ported out to Alik'r and shut down and reopened the client. After 5 solid hours play, not a single missing texture/pink asset or a single crash.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild