The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game time cards

Zavus
Zavus
✭✭✭✭
Purchased a game time card last night, went to use it this morning and it said it was invalid. went back to the store, got a refund (somehow. I think because the woman also played ESO because theyre supposed to be non refundable) Got another game time card. It's also invalid. Took a picture of it and the receipt and attached to my tickett. Incident: 150831-000775

thanks
Edited by Zavus on August 31, 2015 5:14PM
Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
"Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

• hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    open a ticket - attach a photo image of the card (with the code/serial # visible) and your receipt.

ZoS will take care of you. (I've heard both that they manually activate and that they provide you a replacement code, not sure which is correct)
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    open a ticket - attach a photo image of the card (with the code/serial # visible) and your receipt.

ZoS will take care of you. (I've heard both that they manually activate and that they provide you a replacement code, not sure which is correct)

thanks for the reply. i was hoping they would. dont want to miss out on IC

Haxus

• Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that bothers me is they way they worded the response. "We can only accept Proof of Purchase in the form of the receipt emailed directly to your email account, showing the purchase of the content" Now, i'm not sure how the store would do that. I COULD take a picture of me holding my licence, a calander, and a clock along with the time card and receipt which has the date/time stamp on it. All jokes aside the receipt/time card being clearly visable should be enough.
    Edited by Zavus on August 31, 2015 5:14PM

Haxus

• hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »
    "We can only accept Proof of Purchase in the form of the receipt emailed directly to your email account, showing the purchase of the content"

I'm not sure what that even means?

Edited by hiyde on August 31, 2015 5:23PM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    "We can only accept Proof of Purchase in the form of the receipt emailed directly to your email account, showing the purchase of the content"

I'm not sure what that even means?

Maybe if i bought the card online? But I didnt.

Haxus

• vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue with the invalid code thing.I opened a ticked but didnt attached any photo,just typed the code in the ticket.Should I open another ticket and include a photo?So far they have not anwered my ticket.
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purchased a game time card last night, went to use it this morning and it said it was invalid. went back to the store, got a refund (somehow. I think because the woman also played ESO because theyre supposed to be non refundable) Got another game time card. It's also invalid. Took a picture of it and the receipt and attached to my tickett. Incident: 150831-000775

thanks
    Did you manage to solve your problem?
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @Zavus ! [stealth edit] - Aha, we see that this has been resolved for you in the meantime! Thanks for contacting us!

@vladimilianoub17_ESO1 - We see that this has resolved for you as well! Be sure to let us know if you have further questions or concerns
    Edited by ZOS_MollyH on September 1, 2015 2:17PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Arezap
    Arezap
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hi @Zavus ! [stealth edit] - Aha, we see that this has been resolved for you in the meantime! Thanks for contacting us!

@vladimilianoub17_ESO1 - We see that this has resolved for you as well! Be sure to let us know if you have further questions or concerns

The issue is not really resolved. Game time cards form some vendors are not working and have not been since I tried in February this year. The issue is not isolated to certain customers but some retail vendors of these cards don't have issues is what I've been told. What I have not been told is what vendors are not having issues so I don't have to jump through Customer Service hoops like walking across town to pay to have a receipt and game time card scanned to a file on a disk, walk the 1.5+ mile back home to email CS directly from my account, having them ignore the file requested to resolve the issue and have them telling me I have to submit the info I already submitted, taking sometimes 36 hours just to get subscriber benefits when I could buy a game time card for another MMO from Walmart and go home, enter the code on my acct page and play with zero issue.

When will we be getting a proper answer to when this will actually be resolved for all vendors and all current and potential consumers for this issue? Does it have to be brought up in mass media to be resolved properly? Does Wired or IGN need or other gaming publications have to bring it to everyone on the internet to be noticed in a grand fashion worldwide to be resolved?
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny you mention this as my paid time is almost up and ill be going through the hastle of buying another one. taking a picture of it and the recipt and sending it to customer support.

Haxus

• vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah,im probably going to buy another card soon from the same vendor i buy before and may have to go through the same stupid process of scanning ***.
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    Howdy, I have some relevant information for you all
    so, i'll tag @ZOS_MollyH just to be sure.
    When I went to purchase another game time card from game stop on 11-11-2015, the new manager for the location discovered an issue, along with a solution.
    The physical game time cards were showing up in there system as invalid/expired and the manager did NOT want to sell it to me for fear there would be an issue. The manager then looked up in the system and found that Game Stop was no longer using the physical cards, it was being processed as a digital download. So, when I purchased it, the id code prints on the receipt.
    I went to my account management page entered the code and all was well.

Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on November 15, 2015 11:25PM
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    ... So, when I purchased it, the id code prints on the receipt.
    Your ESO account?

Once you've bought a card, can you get the dlcs with it?

• Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    Complete guess on my part as I've never used one, but I imagine the cards give you a month of ESO Plus. While that month of Plus is active, you would have access to all DLC. Once the Plus expires, you would lose access to the DLC. However, you also gain 1500 crowns for each month of Plus that you buy. So I imagine you can save the crowns to buy the DLC outright and have access to it without a Plus membership once you buy the DLC with the crowns.
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Ignotus wrote: »
    Complete guess on my part as I've never used one, but I imagine the cards give you a month of ESO Plus. While that month of Plus is active, you would have access to all DLC. Once the Plus expires, you would lose access to the DLC. However, you also gain 1500 crowns for each month of Plus that you buy. So I imagine you can save the crowns to buy the DLC outright and have access to it without a Plus membership once you buy the DLC with the crowns.

Ah thank you. If you are right, this makes the price of the dlcs outrageous. Are there cards that allow me to buy crowns directly?
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    ... So, when I purchased it, the id code prints on the receipt.
    Your ESO account?

Once you've bought a card, can you get the dlcs with it?

what i had purchased through an approved vendor was a 60 day subscription card. I redeemed the unique number associated with it on the official ESO account page.
    As to the DLC's
    Provided that my ESO Plus membership is current, i have access to all DLC game packs. I choose not to use my credit card for ANY type of Internet/on-line purchase, which is why I maintain my membership with subscription cards. It also makes holiday shopping easy for friends and family, I get gifted the game cards.
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules