Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there an experience point cap?

Rebellion
Rebellion
Hi all,

I am a VR3 character, and i tried killing VR3 and VR5 mobs, and found that they all give 414 exp no matter if they are different VR levels or different types of mobs (bandits and zombies as an example).

Also, i even equipped the RIng of Mara and it did not increase. (yes my partner was online and had it equipped.)

Any explanations?
  • gclifton58ub17_ESO
    gclifton58ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if there is a cap but that is same amount you get for a Vet 16 killing a Vet 16 normal mob.
    If you were subscribed to ESO+, you would get 455 xp per mob. Also, your partner with the ring needs to be in the same area with you before the rings work. The person wearing the ring will get the xp bonus if they are close to enough to get xp from any kills. Not sure if they have to be grouped but would think so.
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the way the Veteran Rank system was setup, VR mobs are all technically level 50 (same goes for quests). So, you should get the same amount of XP from any of them, regardless of whether they're a few levels apart. There are different tiers of mob difficulty/toughness, so stronger mobs may give a bit more (for example a Giant in Wrothgar gives more XP than a bandit, because they take longer to kill).

I think there is a point where lower level mobs start to give you less, but you have to be 5 levels above, or something. So if you're VR 14 killing a VR 3 mob, you'll see reduced XP. But as long as you're within that 5 level range, it'll all be the same (5 levels may not be correct, can't remember exactly what it is).