The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Steed Mundus Stone causes the "ice-skating" effect

Moonshadow66
Moonshadow66
✭✭✭✭✭
The game had an "ice-skating" bug last year already, but this new one is different: it looks basically the same, but it's caused by The Steed stone.

A while ago, I noticed this with a character which was then the only one that had The Steed activated, so I thought it could be related (because of the speed buff, I strongly assume). For this character, The Steed was/is the only mundus stone. And none of my other characters had this issue, nor the Steed activated.

Today, I activated it with another character, and as soon as it was, I started ice-skating again. This character has two mundus stones activated (Twice-Born Star set), but this doesn't make any difference, I tried it singlewise also.

I tested how or where this mainly happens, but turns out this is absolutely random. I can walk/run straight ahead like normal, and then suddenly the ice-skating starts. I can turn left/right etc.. it really starts randomly.

But now I know it's the Steed that causes this. Please could you take a look at this? I also sent a bug report already.

Edit: important: the character for which I activated The Steed today and wears the Twice-Born Star set, has 7 Legendary Divines trait items. Though, the speed is the same like with the other character which does not wear this set or 7 Divines traits (only 2, I believe it was).
Only at random times, my character seems to speed up for a few seconds, but more often than not, she's slow like my other characters, including the other (first) one with the Steed.
Edited by Moonshadow66 on October 24, 2015 11:57PM
Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post, sorry.
    Too often I quote instead of editing a posting of mine lol
    Edited by Moonshadow66 on October 24, 2015 11:53PM
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who's also using the Steed stone, could you please walk a few steps until the ice-skating effect starts and confirm? Plus send a bug report, too? Thanks a lot :)
    I really don't want to run around like this anymore, it looks ridiculous and is embarrassing. Also, I don't get the full speed.

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This part of the latest patch notes is kinda funny, I had a good laugh:

"Mundus Stone

The Steed
    Fixed an issue which was preventing the Divine Armor Trait from applying properly to the Health Recovery bonus provided by this boon."

The movement bug was not even touched! My two characters which are using the Steed are still walking like ducks on weed, yet they never had and health recovery issue with this mundus stone. So will this only be fixed if I'd resubscribe, or if enough subscribers report this bug? Or will you just keep ignoring the issue?

As far as I am concerned, I won't buy the new (or any other) DLC as long as this is not fixed. Same goes for the loading screens.

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed in the today's patch?? WHEN the hell will this be fixed then???

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, this is NOT just a cosmetical issue, my two characters using the Steed are much slower than intended (even slower than normal), PLUS one of them uses 7 Divines traits which should it make EVEN faster, but instead it's slower. Not to mention how ridiculous it looks like when they walk or run!

• GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've recently switched to the Steed Mundus Stone and have starting noticing this bizarre effect during stealth; it looks really stupid!
    I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GrimMauKin wrote: »
    I've recently switched to the Steed Mundus Stone and have starting noticing this bizarre effect during stealth; it looks really stupid!

I've noticed it in every other position^^ Then again, I'm not in stealth anymore too often nowadays.

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GrimMauKin wrote: »

Do you happen to have the Steed active while wearing the Twice Born Star set? (Eventually with up to 7 Divines traits?) Because I've noticed that my character which does NOT wear this set stopped doing these odd animations (but still has the Steed active), but my other character that does wear the TBS set including the Steed is still buggy. It kinda looks like she's sprinting, but in slowmotion. And it's too slow altogether.