Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spell/weapon damage and light/heavy attacks with staves

Tyrion87
Tyrion87
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've just read the forum regarding this issue and I'm a little confused. Can somebody explain me:
1. Do light/heavy attacks with destro/resto staves scale with spell damage/crit or weapon damage/crit? Do they also scale with max magicka?
2. Do all abilities, including those from destro/resto staff skill line, based on magicka, scale with spell damage and max magicka as well?
3. What is actually spell power? Is it the same as spell damage? There is mundus stone which increases weapon damage, but I cannot see any mundus stone increasing spell damage except for the apprentice which increases spell power...
4. The same question regarding ultimates? Which stats affect them?
Thanks for any responses! :-)
Edited by Tyrion87 on November 13, 2015 10:59PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bump it just to ask for any replies? Thank you in advance!
    Edited by Tyrion87 on November 13, 2015 10:45PM
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Weapon dmg/crit. Stamina.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes and yes.
    4. Ultimate is affected by your highest stat.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes and yes.

Regarding the first question, during battle I casted entropy which increases spell damage and noticed that the damage dealt by the light/heavy attacks with a staff was clearly higher so I think that it scales off spell damage, not weapon damage. And if spell damage, it has to scale off max magicka as well.
    It seems to be confirmed by an information displayed while you move your cursor onto the 'spell damage' and 'max magicka' stats within inventory window. It says that 'max magicka' affects how many magicka abilities you can cast and how effective those abilities will be as well as that stave weapon damage is based on your max magicka while 'spell damage' affects how much damage and healing your magicka-based abilities and weapons cause. So I think we have an answer...
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Prabooo wrote: »
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes and yes.

Regarding the first question, during battle I casted entropy which increases spell damage and noticed that the damage dealt by the light/heavy attacks with a staff was clearly higher so I think that it scales off spell damage, not weapon damage. And if spell damage, it has to scale off max magicka as well.
    It seems to be confirmed by an information displayed while you move your cursor onto the 'spell damage' and 'max magicka' stats within inventory window. It says that 'max magicka' affects how many magicka abilities you can cast and how effective those abilities will be as well as that stave weapon damage is based on your max magicka while 'spell damage' affects how much damage and healing your magicka-based abilities and weapons cause. So I think we have an answer...

Right, I mistook staves for dual wield