Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Let's Discuss] Multiprocessors/User Settings

daroule1982
daroule1982
✭✭
SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1"

What is this?
What is the primary focus of these codes?

A couple of questions I have asked myself everytime a patch comes out, and I have to tweak those variables to:

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0"
SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"

I learned it from a random topic post on the ESO forums. I have no idea where I had found it before, but this is not the first time I had to tweak user settings under notepad to get a Zenimax game to work. I heard a tale a while ago that it was because all of the Elder Scrolls was built primarily to rely on hard drive functionality more than processing speed. Also, this is for people who run more than one processor. People without multi-cores should "ignore this". I had to put in this one when tweaking the ini on Skyrim because I have a quad processor:

iNumThreads=4

Not so different.
So, I want to get a bit of clarity on the science of this. Can someone please explain this in its' full entirety?!? I would love to get more experience on this topic, because I have met quite a few people having this same issue with multicores, and playing ESO. Maybe it can help them too. Also I would like this to be posted as a sticky, because a lot of people with multi-core needs this addressed. Before I implemented this tweak into my settings, I was always getting kicked from Cyrodiil or in front of a bank.
Edited by daroule1982 on November 10, 2015 3:47AM
>_< Hail hail the gang's all here! We slay skeevers...we slay skeevers! >_<
  • warpower9
    warpower9
    ✭✭
    So what does changing the -1 to 0 actually do?
  • daroule1982
    daroule1982
    ✭✭
    warpower9 wrote: »
    So what does changing the -1 to 0 actually do?

To the best of my understanding it either makes ESO a higher priority in the operations chain on the computer, or it makes the multi-cores work together. I am not 100% sure. Can someone give us some clarity here?
    >_< Hail hail the gang's all here! We slay skeevers...we slay skeevers! >_<
  • Che2355
    Che2355
    Soul Shriven
    I need some clarification too on this :smile:
  • warpower9
    warpower9
    ✭✭
    bump ba bump help us if your smarty tarty!!!!