Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crash immediately after hitting Play

TimberFall23
TimberFall23
Soul Shriven
So...just got done waiting 4 hours for this game to download (really missing the whole point to having four disks in the game box) and immediately after i hit PLAY, screen goes dark and then another screen pops up and says that the game has unexpectedly crashed. Restarted both laptop and launcher only get the same thing. WTF? anybody else have this problem ?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First question, do you have a dedicated graphics card in your laptop? This game won't run on integrated graphics.

If you do have a video card, go into Power Options and force the system to use the Video Card when plugged in. Look for something like High Performance under Graphics options.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TimberFall23
    TimberFall23
    Soul Shriven
    I am relatively new to the whole gaming laptop and am learning as I go. The only thing i have seen on here that even has the word graphics is the Intel Graphics Control Panel...i have no idea what im doing.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intel Graphics Control Panel

Ouch, that might mean you only have on CPU graphics, and most 3D games won't run or run very well on that.

Go to Start Menu, type in DXDIAG in the box and the window that pops up should tell you what hardware you have. On the display tab, if it only says Intel Graphics or something to that effect, you may not have any success. If it also says something else like AMD or Nvidia then you just have to tell the laptop to use that.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TimberFall23
    TimberFall23
    Soul Shriven
    so...would a NVIDIA GTX960M be anything like what youre talking about?