The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please someone create a "smoke a pipe" emote

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hey mod devs,

could please someone create a nice "smoke my pipe" emote. I just love to smoke my tobacco during playing and it would be great if there would be an addon, that would enable my character to sit and smoke a pipe. If you would combine it with a rocking chair, that would be just awesome!! :)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure that existed in the "medieval setting" world we play in, no matter how fantasy-ish it is ! :-)

And smoking / showing characters smoking in movies or TV shows is forbidden in France and probably in other countries too. Not sure how it would apply to a US created video game but there might be an issue here, perhaps.

And you know, smoking is a health hazard ! B)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure that existed in the "medieval setting" world we play in, no matter how fantasy-ish it is ! :-)

And smoking / showing characters smoking in movies or TV shows is forbidden in France and probably in other countries too. Not sure how it would apply to a US created video game but there might be an issue here, perhaps.

I believe people smoked pipes also in the "medieval fantasy times", for sure, there was some kind of "lighters", or how about a pretty steam-punkish small dwemer pipe with a lighter already included in it :)?

really it is forbidden there? I did not know that....
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Murdering innocents with the justice system is ok, but don't you dare show someone smoking a pipe! Governments really have nothing better to spend their money and time on it seems.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with it being legal or moral (movies and videogames show theft, crime and murder all the time) but it has everything to do with setting a social norm and discouraging smoking as an acceptable social norm. And I don't believe the french were the first ones doing this, I believe Lieutenant Columbo was one of the first TV heroes to give up his cigars and that was long ago ad US-made. Nowadays I don't see anyone smoking on CSI or Grey's Anatomy unless it's relevant to the story and shown in a negative light.

Anyway I wasn't discussing about the relevance of such laws, but merely mentioning why it would possibly be a problem if introducing a pipe smoking emote (which I'd personally love to see and use).