Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Advice for a Complete Nooby

DenMoria
DenMoria
✭✭✭✭✭
I am picking up a copy of TESO for my other 1/2 this weekend so that we can play together as a team (it's one of the few out there!).

He is a complete noob when it comes to both TES and MMO's.

Any suggestions on a good team workup for someone like him? I usually play sorcerers or melee heavy dragon knights or templars.

I suspect he will want to play a Khajit, but I could be wrong.

Any suggestions from you other married couples that play together?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have both your PCs in the same room, for no other reason than you don't have to yell at each other. Well, it will cut down on the yelling.

Certainly take advantage of the Rings of Mara for the exp boost.

I would run a Healer set up to help your SO out, whether that is Healing Staff or Templar is up to you.

Remember that he is new to the game so don't make him feel bad for making mistakes, laugh with the mistakes, not at them.

Tell him the secret to the game is to be Mobile, Agile and Hostile, so don't just stand there and spam attacks, move around and get position and fire off attacks as he can.

Let him set the pace, if he wants to read, wait, if there is a mob, wait for him to be ready before you go and start your attack. Especially if you are grouped as all in the group draw aggro.

Finally, pimp out his character with a nice crafted set of armor and weapons.
    Edited by Nestor on November 11, 2015 11:45PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Have both your PCs in the same room, for no other reason than you don't have to yell at each other. Well, it will cut down on the yelling.

Certainly take advantage of the Rings of Mara for the exp boost.

I would run a Healer set up to help your SO out, whether that is Healing Staff or Templar is up to you.

Remember that he is new to the game so don't make him feel bad for making mistakes, laugh with the mistakes, not at them.

Tell him the secret to the game is to be Mobile, Agile and Hostile, so don't just stand there and spam attacks, move around and get position and fire off attacks as he can.

Let him set the pace, if he wants to read, wait, if there is a mob, wait for him to be ready before you go and start your attack. Especially if you are grouped as all in the group draw aggro.

Finally, pimp out his character with a nice crafted set of armor and weapons.

Great suggestions! Thank you very much.

Since we'll both be on PS4's I'll be sure to set them up in the same room.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 sorcs are very powerful,
    or
    Templar with a sword and board using puncturing sweeps,
    really cannot screw that up..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    I got my girlfriend into the game and have to agree with the suggestion above of making sure they are geared up at your expense it goes a long way.
    Try to avoid using a character higher level than theirs as it can make them feel like they just along for the ride and lose interest. Perhaps roll yourself a new character and try something you have considered before
    And most people are drawn to damage dealing when they first begin mmos (the strikers of a mmo group) so play a more supporting role either sword and board and taunt everything off them or have the ability to heal him.

Also one thing I found when playing with my gf is you don't know everything let them take the lead rather than steering them to the way you do something you might learn something. (I have a whole build based around the igneous shield healing buff that I made after watching her use it to great effect)
  • sekhem
    sekhem
    ✭✭✭
    NinjaMyk wrote: »
    I got my girlfriend into the game and have to agree with the suggestion above of making sure they are geared up at your expense it goes a long way.
    Try to avoid using a character higher level than theirs as it can make them feel like they just along for the ride and lose interest. Perhaps roll yourself a new character and try something you have considered before
    And most people are drawn to damage dealing when they first begin mmos (the strikers of a mmo group) so play a more supporting role either sword and board and taunt everything off them or have the ability to heal him.

Also one thing I found when playing with my gf is you don't know everything let them take the lead rather than steering them to the way you do something you might learn something. (I have a whole build based around the igneous shield healing buff that I made after watching her use it to great effect)

This^ This^ Omg I am still pissed that when my bf got me started on this game he was like Soul gems arent important..He even yelled at me to stop asking about soul gems cuz they didnt matter. Like wtf have you even researched this game?
    Oh wait they are useful for many things. Grrr
    The Dr found that his stars had decayed. Why didn't he keep them in the fridge? lol

PS4 NA dobby_of_doom
    now also PC NA...I have no idea what I'm doing...
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    sekhem wrote: »
    NinjaMyk wrote: »

This^ This^ Omg I am still pissed that when my bf got me started on this game he was like Soul gems arent important..He even yelled at me to stop asking about soul gems cuz they didnt matter. Like wtf have you even researched this game?
    Oh wait they are useful for many things. Grrr

If you just talk your only repeating stuff you already know. When your listening you might learn something