Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's The Fastest Way To Level In The Fighters Guild?

DragonLane555
DragonLane555
✭✭✭
So Im trying to level the Fighters Guild skill line, but its moving so very very slowly.

I know that killing Undead, and Daedra will give you FG XP, but so far they only seem to give one point each. I also know that closing Dark Anchors, and Completing FG quests give you XP, but I only got like 40 XP for the last DA I helped close, and the FG quest I just did (The one in the Dwemer Ruin) didn't give me much.

So am I missing something? At this rate Ill be sitting around level 8 in the skill line when I'm at max Character level. What's the fastest way to level in the FG?
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    So far from what I've seen. You get alot of FG exp on the Anchors you have not closed before.

Repeating the anchor gives alot less, from what I can figure out.

While just doing Anchors once, and of course the fighter guild quests, its went to almost level 6 while I'm in Mal Tor at level 34.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was farming undead in Cyrodiil in beta, when other areas except first map were locked out. It was only way to get steel items to deconstruct. Anyway, after only 2 or 3 hours of farming, i have had FG lvl5 or 6, without doing any quests then, so maybe lvl50 mobs give more points toward faction?
    Cat guarantee its correct now, but no harm in trying out, go to Cyrodiil, find zombies and farm for a while.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not supposed to level guilds quickly as far as I can tell, especially since you can only level it up to 10.
    ----
    Murray?
  • DragonLane555
    DragonLane555
    ✭✭✭
    You're not supposed to level guilds quickly as far as I can tell, especially since you can only level it up to 10.

I get that, thats why I asked what's the fastest way, not how do I get to 10 in an hour. ;)
  • paul.hunternub18_ESO
    paul.hunternub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have a similar question - where is the first place in Daggerfall Covenant where I can find undead to get my first level in the Fighter's Guild? I tried imps at Baelborn Rock but apparently they don't count. :-P
  • SgtPepperUK
    SgtPepperUK
    ✭✭✭

True but it's a shame bounty quests are rank 9 FG, not got a char to that yet but something tells me they'd come in handy for levelling.
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    I capped fighter's guild rank when I reached veteran rank 2.
    This with the only farming being to get to the Dark Anchors as soon as one pops for the achievement.

So I would say the most effective way is Dark Anchors farming.
    Though I did notice people farming the zombies in The Rift and Coldharbour, that oughta do it if you are enough since they have way too fast respawn timers.
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    I farmed undead in the ebon v2 zone, took about 10 hours from 7 til 10.
    A big grind sure but for me the fg ultimate is awesome.
    10% more damage on my wep skills and it destroyed at v10 bat spamer 1v1 for me critting 1.5k.
    I stack stam so its the best ultimate for me.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a similar question - where is the first place in Daggerfall Covenant where I can find undead to get my first level in the Fighter's Guild? I tried imps at Baelborn Rock but apparently they don't count. :-P

Glenumbra, middle of map, there is a lot of zombies(you will get there doing story line for this area.) Bit further north there is big cemetery too, full of skeletons(lvl15 if i remember right).

• poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anchors. I always get Silver Bolts before starting the first FG quest. Just go fight in all you can.
  • Ponyboy9569

I may be wrong but i believe you must join the guild to get the skill line in the first place if that is what you mean, although i know you already have it since this post was quite some time ago. I however am wondering if having fighters guild skills on my skill bar will make it go faster or does it make no difference, im just about at fg lvl 9 but 8 took forever, i can only imagine what 9 will be like
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    I never did anything special for fighters guild exp and got lvl 10 at vet 4. Finishing all the FG quests helped the most I think.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anchors or grinding IC severs. That would be my bet
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Arneee23
    Arneee23
    ✭✭
    Anchors or grinding IC severs. That would be my bet

totally agree, IC Sewers are the best for grinding imo, nice XP thanks to battle scaling and many daedra/undead
    PS4

Dolchsturz-Bündnis

Gilde: -alea iacta est-