Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When to play Wrothgar?

saint_grimm
saint_grimm
Soul Shriven
I'm currently working on my first full play-through as a templar. I'm currently working on cadwell gold. Bought Wrothgar same day it was released, but haven't played any of the content yet.

Was wondering when I should actually play the DLC... From what I understand, it scales to level, but "anytime" isn't really the answer I'm looking for...

Should I play the Wrothgar quests before or after I play through the Craglorn quests? Is there anything to gain in Wrothgar, other than Vet Ranks/Champ points that'll help me out in Crag? Or would Wrothgar be the most "rewarding" experience if I get to VR16 before doing it?
  • saint_grimm
    saint_grimm
    Soul Shriven
    I can't figure out how to edit my message... so it's not "my first playthrough as a templar" this is my first playthrough ever and I just so happen to be playing a templar, which is 100% irrelevant but it's 4am so it got put in the OP...
  • TheHereticMonk
    Not got an answer to your post sadly as I'm on console so still waiting for Orsinium.
    But on the editing post point that befuddled me for a bit too. You need to click the cog icon at the very top next to the thread name to edit your first post.
    Never Knows Best!
    GT: TheHereticMonk
    Xbox EU AD DPS/Healer Sorcerer
    Guild Master: Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything crafted for FREE!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only thoughts are to wait until Veteran (level 50+) before heading to Wrothgar. It will probably not interfere with Cadwell, other than providing extra XP that will likely take you over the expected Rank 10 at the end of Gold.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see very low level playes just rolling along in Orsinium all the time.I have even seen level 5s.I'm at level 45 and when I started playing it I was level 41. I know you dont want the answer of "anytime",but you can actually play Orsinium anytime.You dont need to learn something special to do it.Nor do you need to do Cyrodiil,or Craglorn.It stands as a perfect little world all its own.Much like Skyrim,or,if you played Morrowind,its like Solstheim.
  • zydrateanatomy
    I went as a level 24 and got a couple levels.
    Not sure if I did it right.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went in there at level 3 because I'm so tired of the old content, and because it's scaled I can visit any area. Couple of my vets (VR3 and VR6) are in there now because I just completely despise Cadwell's and Craglorn.
    Edited by Alucardo on November 9, 2015 2:13PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only advantage I see in waiting until vet levels to go into Orsinium is the extra skill points (for skills) is usefull. More options in battle is always good. Other then that, with battle leveling, you can take on any quest, dungeon, etc at lower levels just fine if you take the time to think about your approach before attacking something. The world bosses will still give you problems at any level.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To edit your initial post - the little cog wheel is actually to the right of your thread title rather than in the post box.

Well, if you're in no rush it might not be a bad thing to wait until VR16 (or until your have crafting maxed). If you aren't looking for the new gear yet, and you're still enjoying Caldwell Gold just wait and see. Or, if you have friends going there now you can head there as it's your chance to play with friends who aren't your level. Back to my VR16/crafting comment - if you wait until your crafting is maxxed out, you have a chance of finding the max level rarer crafting nodes in Wrothgar. If you go there now (if you don't have crafts at 10/10) you will find whatever material you are currently able to use (maybe it's voidstone etc.?). If you go quest before you have max level crafts, when you want to make VR15/16 gear you will need to head there just to harvest (and it's not EVERY node that is max level) or decon a LOT of stuff. If you are maxxed while questing, you can just harvest as you go and probably pick up a few.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get in there as soon as possible...

You are missing out.. .
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if you are missing out. I got the DLC but only went once.

I personally am going to wait because all my crafters are on 3 different characters, so now I need to change things up and put all my crafting points in one character. When I am done with that, then I will go back.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would do as much of Silver & Gold as you plan to do first. There are some returning characters.

But if you want to go now... go!
  • HebrewHatchet
    HebrewHatchet
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn is scaled to vet 14. You should do craglorn between v12-v14.
    [PS4 NA]
    PSN: HebrewHatchet
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like it would make the most sense to wait until finishing the first region (which I guess means getting to 50+) since that's when you start hurting for exp to get through vet levels. My character is level 24 and has been semi-overleveled for quests most of the way, since I do everything and have been leveling faster than the content around me. I wouldn't want to go to Orsinium, get exp from all the quests there, and then come back to find that I'm 10 levels too high for the rest of my Stormhaven quests.

Of course people are saying that the best time to be in Orsinium is now when everybody else is there (aside from the competition for gathering mats), so it is kind of a dilemma.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Nirnrot
    Nirnrot
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you have a partner or two, Craglorn quests can be very difficult to solo. If you are on Cadwell's gold, I would pause that and go straight to Wrothgar if I were you. Cadwell's Gold isn't going anywhere, but you don't want to miss out on the experience of Wrothgar while it's fresh and relevant. There's nothing like doing new content with everybody. It sure beats soloing old content that you're lucky to see a handful of players per zone. Just my opinion.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    To edit your initial post - the little cog wheel is actually to the right of your thread title rather than in the post box.

Well, if you're in no rush it might not be a bad thing to wait until VR16 (or until your have crafting maxed). If you aren't looking for the new gear yet, and you're still enjoying Caldwell Gold just wait and see. Or, if you have friends going there now you can head there as it's your chance to play with friends who aren't your level. Back to my VR16/crafting comment - if you wait until your crafting is maxxed out, you have a chance of finding the max level rarer crafting nodes in Wrothgar. If you go there now (if you don't have crafts at 10/10) you will find whatever material you are currently able to use (maybe it's voidstone etc.?). If you go quest before you have max level crafts, when you want to make VR15/16 gear you will need to head there just to harvest (and it's not EVERY node that is max level) or decon a LOT of stuff. If you are maxxed while questing, you can just harvest as you go and probably pick up a few.

I have tried to decon higher level gear,and after I do it,it tells me that I do not have the appropriate amount of skills to do this.And so,once it is deconstructed,I only get what is at my level. I just wish it had given me that warning before I hit R.I would have just sold it all.