The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

lost all skills

fractalknight
fractalknight
✭✭
I have been away from ESO for about a month. When I logged on yesterday, I noticed that the slotted ability boxes were blank. I went to the skills menu and all of the skills I have accumulated since June were gone. I did not have the option to assign a skill. The skills I have for the character, have the mark beside them showing that I have that skill. I have 5 characters and only checked two of them. Both are like this. I can't pretty much play at all since I can not use magic or any other skill that you could slot. I did not try exiting the game and will check tonight. I still have my weapons and armor. I checked my level 21 and level 17 characters. I really don[ want to start over with a new character.
Tarkus Aquila - Imperial Templar
Klaaz - Khajit Nightblade
Fractiz - Altmer Sorcerer
Jonsir Vheti - Dunmer Dragonknight
Kills-With-Grin - Argonian Dragonknight

Myrddin the Mystic - Breton Warden

PS4 ESOTU Adventurer since June 2015
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you still have all the points though right, just not assigned?'

they reset all skill points with the IC update
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you still have the points? Were they reset?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • fractalknight
    fractalknight
    ✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    you still have all the points though right, just not assigned?'

they reset all skill points with the IC update

I have not played since the IC dlc, but I did not buy the IC. When I saw what I happened I got kind of pissed and loaded Destiny so I could release some rage. If you have a skill, it has an icon next to it. I saw that and tried to assign it to a hotkey, but there was no option at the bottom to assign or even buy with skill points. Maybe i need to check again when I have not had a few beers. Hopefully, you are right and I am stupid. I hate to have to figure out what skills I had assigned and where to which of my five different characters.
    Edited by fractalknight on October 26, 2015 1:50PM

• PurpleStarsaver
    This happened to me as well but my skill points just reset. I just had to get all the abilities I had from before. Hope this is the same situation for you!!
    PSN: Purplestarsaver
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me as well but my skill points just reset. I just had to get all the abilities I had from before. Hope this is the same situation for you!!

that is probably the result of IC game patch. you should be able to respec your skill points anew

they have made some changes to the skills, so they gave to everyone a possibility to choose the skills again anew
    Edited by altemriel on October 29, 2015 3:11PM
  • fractalknight
    fractalknight
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I was stupid and did not pay attention. Now I have to figure out how i had my hotkeys and what each skill does.

• muteownz
    muteownz
    Soul Shriven
    lol that happened to me too i was gone for a bit came back to no skills at all. seems like a previous patch reset the points as others pointed out.