Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solved.

GrilledChorizo
GrilledChorizo
Soul Shriven
Twice I have sent a request and twice they've told me "we are not able to provide specific quest guidance".

I am trying to do the quest "In the Name of the King" (ITNOTK) in Orsinium which involves recruiting three different Clans. For Clan Shatul however, I already completed the quest hub prior to picking up ITNOTK and now an NPC for this quest doesn't exist! When it came to the two other clans I was needed to recruit, I had no issues whatsoever as I had not yet completed those quest hubs.

In the first response I received, I was told that there are two quests that HAVE to be done before picking up ITNOTK and that I had only finished one of them. But this doesn't make sense, as if it was a prerequisite then how could I pick up and complete 2/3 of ITNOTK in the first place?

I am 90% certain that the issue is having already completed the Shatul Range quest hub which would come under technical support and not "specific quest guidance". On the off chance that this unknown quest may solve my issue, does anyone what exactly the prerequisite quests are and where I can find them? I have traversed the streets of Orsinium multiple times and explored the majority of Wrothgar but cannot find anything.

*SPOILER ALERT*
Here is a screenshot of where I am supposed to recruit Clan Shatul, but as you can see they are a little preoccupied with the end result of the quest hub: puu.sh/lepvk/a634afcc7c.jpg

I am too hesitant to drop ITNOTK to see if that helps as I fear I will have the same problem in Shatul with the rest of the clans. If anyone has ANY knowledge on this at all, please let me know.

Thank you for your input!
Edited by GrilledChorizo on November 9, 2015 9:07PM
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to talk to both of the women in the tent to trigger the start of the quest, but I also had not completed it before doing the regional quest (i.e. ITNOTK). All I can suggest is talk to everyone, maybe talk to whoever is the chieftain, and see if there is a new option in their dialog.

If you are an orc, and you chose the "Truth -> Self-nominate -> Takeover" path, maybe you won't need to since you can just do it yourself? Not sure...

Wait and see if Monday's patch fixes anything. If not, file a ticket stating that there is a bug preventing you from completing the regional questline (i.e. a previously completed quest blocks a quest stage update for the regional questline).

Be persistent with support -- Tier 1 support has only basic, quick-and-simple fixes for the most common problems. If they are running you in circles, request that your issue be elevated to a higher tier, but make sure you've tried everything they suggest, including the RPG trope of "Talk to everyone." Again, though, wait until after Monday's patch to start pushing for that.
          In verity.
  • evenfallacy
    evenfallacy
    ✭✭
    Did the same thing, but was able to complete the quest by talking to the current Chief.
    I sided with Laurig, and while he lacked a quest marker anywhere near him, I spoke with him right outside that tent to advance. The quest marker remained over Shatul until I recruited the last clan.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also did the chiefs first.

As you start to progress with the "In the name of the King" quest line, just go from chief to chief again. The chief NW of Orsinium had a marker on the map, no marker on them, but was able to talk to them, but marker stayed, went to another and the King still moved the quest forward.

If that doesn't work, jiggle the handle by logging out and in or porting to another zone and back.

If that doesn't work, maybe the specific combination of the actions you took caused a bug... in that case, good luck to you and hope they fix it today if it's really broken.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to talk to the Chief of Shatul, which is NOT Glagosh.

When I arrived at the area, I noticed there was no quest marker for ITNOTK, but that didn't matter much because I know who the chief of Shatul is. The chief is either Laurig, or the other orc woman whose name I forgot.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"