Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hold off on Orsinium until VR15?

Finndar
Finndar
Hiya,

I'm VR 3, currently exploring my second alliance. I'm only part way through the second zone.

I'm wondering if I should hold off on Orsinium content until I'm VR15 (or at least, a lot higher than VR 3) to capitalize on the really good equipment that drops there that's for VR15/VR16. I have plenty to do -- almost two full factions. As a first-time player, I've never done those factions, so all the content I'm working through now is new and fun.

Thanks!
Finndar
Finnbear - Templar
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend you do the old areas first. You will then save the Orsinium XP, harvest and gear drops. Old areas continue to VR10. There is some challenge to fill VR11-16 XP gap, and Orsinium helps there..

When doing old areas, try to pull yourself few VR levels above the area. It helps in the end.
    Edited by helediron on November 8, 2015 1:35AM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rolled a new character and went to Orsinium at level 8 (That's 8 without a VR in front of it).

Even with only 3 skills on my bar i'm having a great time playing through!
    :smile:
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I rolled a new character and went to Orsinium at level 8 (That's 8 without a VR in front of it).

Even with only 3 skills on my bar i'm having a great time playing through!
    But you are not exactly a first-time player. IIRC, you dear Sir, started your ESO career early years of this millenia... :smiley: Nothing wrong going there early, and sure Orsinium is fun. I don't try to downplay Orsinium at all, MY alts are rolling there, but this question was from new player. Cadwell silver and gold are fun first time and they offer solid leveing train to VR10 and usually few levels more. But they are at fixed level and drop useless beyond VR14.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Cadwell silver and gold are fun first time and they offer solid leveing train to VR10 and usually few levels more. But they are at fixed level and drop useless beyond VR14.
    That makes sense. Since silver/gold zones are fixed in their level, a VR character should probably play through them first and then move on to Craglorn and/or Orsinium.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finndar wrote: »
    Hiya,

I'm VR 3, currently exploring my second alliance. I'm only part way through the second zone.

I'm wondering if I should hold off on Orsinium content until I'm VR15 (or at least, a lot higher than VR 3) to capitalize on the really good equipment that drops there that's for VR15/VR16. I have plenty to do -- almost two full factions. As a first-time player, I've never done those factions, so all the content I'm working through now is new and fun.

Thanks!
    Finndar

Naah,just head in and enjoy the play.You battle scale up to VR15 anyway,so even level 5 characters can do it.I say this because I see very low level players there all the time.
    Edited by Volkodav on November 9, 2015 1:56PM