Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So what makes Argonians and Nords a "Bad Race" to be?

Whatzituyah
Whatzituyah
✭✭✭✭
Is it just personal opinion or is really the truth of the matter? Because I thought the ability to drink potions to get healed with every time was a good idea my guild said to me otherwise. Someone in the guild told me that being an Argonian would "Criple" me even though I was planing to be a Nightblade Siphoner for the most part.
  • Levo18
    Levo18
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because every race has a somewhat useful passive.... Except argonians.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because everyone wants to be a DD.
    PC EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really do have the worst passives of any race. Yes, even worse than Nords. Maybe.
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian's used to sync hysterically well as Syphoning Nightblade alchemists back before they changed Amphibious and Catalyst.

The major reason a lot of people pooh pooh the Argonians and Nords is because their racial passives are more generalized than many of the other races. As a result they're not the most ideal choices for Min/Maxing, unlike most of the other races who have a particular strength.

However if your not all that concerned with optimization then don't worry about it. They're both still perfectly serviceable for participating in and enjoying a wide variety of gameplay.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Nirnrot
    Nirnrot
    ✭✭✭
    The Nords drink too much...

Argonians are cool. But as others said, their passives aren't on par with some of the other races.

Seriously though, have you ever met a sober Nord?
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnrot wrote: »
    The Nords drink too much...

Argonians are cool. But as others said, their passives aren't on par with some of the other races.

Seriously though, have you ever met a sober Nord?

I met a nord named Vilja, she was sober...until she left to go to a tavern then she would dance on the tables.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being an argonian would only hinder you if you planned on being high on any pve leader boards, or if you wanted to duel someone of similar or equal skill to you. It would certainly never cripple you. I know an argonian templar who pvps everyday and I saw him survive ganks back in 1.6, he's pretty damn tanky. I have an argonian templar that I use to earn cp and craft and he does good damage against mobs, I would actually say he was better at mob grinding than my sorcs.
    PC | EU
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Bah, if only ZOS incorporated swimming-contests. I'd show all of you who's got the useless passives.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because everyone wants to be a DD.

And how would being an argonian help you fulfill any other role that another race won't do better?

I think the main problem, other than the racials for argonian being flat out weak and gimmicky, is that they lack a direction. They excel (spelling?) at nothing.

edit: and the same thing can sort of be said for Nords, although their racials are slightly less weak and gimmicky than the argonians.
    Edited by Jitterbug on November 8, 2015 10:06AM
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruitmass wrote: »
    The major reason a lot of people pooh pooh the Argonians and Nords is because their racial passives are more generalized than many of the other races. As a result they're not the most ideal choices for Min/Maxing

yeah, so you have to decide if the min/max of it all matters to you...
    there's nothing you can't make work with tactics, and eventually champion points help too, if you want to play the character.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    They've got nothing going for them DPS wise, I think that's a big part of why they have a bad rep. But Nords can make good tanks and Argonians have a nice healing and potion bonus. Plus that with rapid maneuvers on you can roleplay as a speedboat.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bah, if only ZOS incorporated swimming-contests. I'd show all of you who's got the useless passives.

Already in. There's a race in the Rift where you have to swim a longish distance.
    And this is as far as it goes for the poor Argonians... :'(
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what makes Argonians and Nords a "Bad Race" to be?.
    The min/maxers.

/thread

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nords are just plain ugly and you cannot fix them.