Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Suggestions to Improve Crafting

Galbsadi
Galbsadi
✭✭✭
So, everybody agrees that it should more grindy for v16 gear than it was for v14 gear. We want it to be harder to obtain.

You did a great job with Ancestor Silk in rarity, but you need to make Rubedite and Ruby Ash more rare as well. You should probably also double the requirements to make a single piece of gear at v16.

Next, please make all crafted gear be BoP, and make each crafted piece require 4 nirncrux in addition to all other materials.

While we're at it, add a drop similar to laurels that has a chance to drop off the last boss of veteran rank dungeons....and make that new drop required to make any piece of v16 gear. It is max level after all, we don't want it to be 'free.'

Add a gold cost to crafting...a rental fee to use the premises for our crafting. We should probably pay about 100g per mat to the owners of the crafting station in order to use it.

Remove all rewards from deconstructing gear. Make crafting skills required as they are in Wrothgar in all areas...except do it like the olden days of World of Warcraft, where you couldn't gather it at all without the required skill.

Or, you know....you could stop screwing with crafters, particularly clothiers....
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ancestor Silk is pretty damn easy to find in wrothgar.....

On day one i found around 100 pieces.....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can sell you some mats if you want.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Galbsadi
    Galbsadi
    ✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Ancestor Silk is pretty damn easy to find in wrothgar.....

On day one i found around 100 pieces.....

Assuming droprates similar to mine, I'm presuming you picked up two stacks of Ruby Ash, 150 pieces of Rubedo Leather, and 4 stacks (800pc) of Rubedite?

Also, inferring from your own words...in an entire day you found almost 2/3 of enough to craft ONE PIECE OF GEAR (that'd be 100 pieces out of the 150 to craft one piece of gear). Meanwhile, per my droprates assumed, you could craft several pieces of metal armor, a shield and staff, and a piece of leather armor.

See, to properly hold the same craft rates, you need to drop us down so we can only get 2/3 of any piece of gear, and then charge us a gold fee, and then make it BoP. ...or recognize that drop rates are not balanced. There's a reason I see people every day in zone chat wanting to trade ANY v15-v16 mat for Ancestor Silk.
    Edited by Galbsadi on November 9, 2015 1:17PM