Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player looking for Archer/NB tips

Izorpo
Izorpo
Returning to Eso after a LONG time and decided to start fresh as a Bosmer Archer Nightblade.
That is first of all because in most RPGs i end up doing my first playthrough as an Archer /Thief and the class just feels right to me.
I am comfortable with the bow/siphoning skills, and as we all know at L15 one can start using a second set of weapons and skills if one want to.
Now there are so many "best build ever" guides out there I can read myself blind on it and not get any wiser :)
Some claims DW, some swear to 2H some want to go resto staff and some even tank.
Well for me, I will mainly play solo this playthrough atleast, with the odd dungeon in between and will probably start dabbeling in PvP in time.
I want to be able to pick my targets from afar, kite them around and in need survive a face to face close combat situation.

I was thinking DW/Assassination as a secondary option. Would you Nighbladey archertypes recommend that or is there better options?
Please keep your answers polite and "matter-of-factly". No "LOL reroll Redguard noob" please :wink:
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    Lol no need to reroll a redguard as you have nice synergy between nightblade your race and playstyle any way. As a wood elf you have stamina regeneration perks and the sneaky racial perks which means you hit harder from sneak so you certainly do not need to reroll. You obviously enjoy the archer playstyle so it's a given your bow is on the main bar and the choice for backup comes down to what you feel is important to add to your build. In its most simple form:

2h you are adding the rally self heal and 20% weapon damage buff as well as a gap closer in critical charge and obviously wreaking blow a high dps single target

Dw you gain steel tornado which is a great aoe attack and flying blade which also adds the 20% buff as well but requires hitting the target

S&b you gain extra defence from the extra armour slot plus blocking passives so is the most defensive choice by far as well as giving you defensive stance to bounce projectiles back at people

Resto staff would fill the gap nightblade have with reliable self heals but as your mostly stamina based you would not get the maximum benefit but hitting your cloak and spamming the heals is a nice way to reset the fight in your favor

Destro staff in my humble opinion would be pointless as you already have ranged damage and the staff would be weak due to lack of magicka

Hope that helps you make a decision but the best advice I can give is to try a few things out during the levelling process and see what you prefer
    Edited by NinjaMyk on November 7, 2015 8:30PM
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play a stam nightblade bow dw wood elf werewolf very fun to play. Race pasives help with the poison debuff for were but when forced into toe to toe going wolf has helped a lot. Steel tornado or whirling blades are both good st for ale qb gives stam regen. Cloak and mark target are must haves and for pve get fighters guild silver shardes this helps ton on undead and deadra, first hit knocks them down gives you time to move and bring bow up against them.