Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Worth rerolling just to change race?

Scora
Scora
✭✭
hi, i have a vr 12 templar that's a Dunmer/Darkelf that im considering rerolling to a Altmer/Highelf because im not at all happy with my choice of race nor how she looks :worried:
Is it worth rerolling or should i hope and wait for some sort of race change?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I do not think it's worthy it to reroll. I feel certain that at some point in the future ZOS will offer a race change feature (no matter how much I wish they wouldn't lol). As long as you are willing to purchase the needed crowns for the feature, I would just wait -- VR 12 is pretty late to be rerolling a character based on looks/racial passives.

If it is something that really bothers you, though, you might consider just creating a new character (don't delete your VR12), and going from there. That way you won't feel like kicking yourself if/when a race change option is available, but you will also have a character you're more happy with.

P.S. Not sure what kind of Templar you play, but if you are wanting to be more stamina based, I wouldn't roll an Altmer (if you care about racial passives). If you are planning on running a magicka based Templar, however, Altmer is a great choice :)
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Well, you took the time to make a thread about it so I would assume it bothers you enough to at least try. It doesn't take an awful lot of time, you can just keep your Vr12, and use all of her cash and items via your common bank.

So yeay I'd say invest a little time, see where it goes.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • RogueWolf_I77V
    Why not roll a new character. I have 3 going right now. None Vet yet, but I enjoy playing them all.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure she'd be a beautiful storage mule. :smiley:
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

•  HollyQ502
    I have a VR8 Redguard DK but I got so sick of her face every time I logged in that I rolled a Nord and started over. I'm much happier now - my Nord is 41 and it's only been a little tedious going through all the same quests I've already been through during Cadwell's. I recommend re-rolling and keeping your existing VR12.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rerolled once I got my Khajiit NB to VR10 and completed Caldwell's Gold. I just had to complete it before I started another character.

Interestingly enough, what I learned from my Khajiit made my Altmer sorc better. Knowing the quests, and which ones were tedious vs. rewarding, made burning through a reroll easier.

She's now VR12 and my Khajiit is retired (and acts as a "merchant" to my Altmer).
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scora wrote: »
    hi, i have a vr 12 templar that's a Dunmer/Darkelf that im considering rerolling to a Altmer/Highelf because im not at all happy with my choice of race nor how she looks :worried:

When I first played this game I made an altmer sorcerer, and I just hated playing sorcerer so much and didn't enjoy it, so I was still at vet8 and not playing much whilst everybody else was getting to the max vet lvl. I have hated bretons since the earlier elder scrolls games, and I hated templars with their stupids looking spears and the fact that they kept killing me in PvP when I tried that out at the beginning of the game, so decided to make a breton templar as a bit of a joke...

Well, I have played her ever since, and never got bored of the game again, though I kept my sorc, she is my main crafter, knows all of the styles (well, did until new update :lol: ) and all traits and stuff, and so is useful to me. One day I might take her from the shelf and play her again even, but right now, I am having too much fun with my templar (and DK and NB) I now have 3 templars :smirk:

So you could always reroll to something different, and you never know, you might either find something you like more, or decide to go back to your other character at a later date. I have an argonian who looks like a haggard old witch, I am not levelling her anymore but one day I might fancy levelling a haggard old witch of a woman, you never know :lol:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. Altmer is the magicka master race and looks damn sexy.

Seriously though, Altmer racial passives are insanely good for a pure magicka build. Everything else is suboptimal at best, and just straight up terrible at worst. Just do it. You'll be happy you did.

Edited by Xeven on November 5, 2015 1:59AM
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    Consider it this way as long as your not deleting the dunmer the only thing you are investing and stand to lose is gameplay time so it's how much you value that and how eager you are to have a max level character. If you get limited chance to play but are wanting to have a vet16 asap do not reroll. If you have limited time but don't really care what level you are and want to be playing a character you like the look of them go ahead reroll and enjoy getting to your current level again in a more timely and efficient fashion due to the experience you gained first time round. However if you have time to burn the fact you made this post suggests it bothers you enough to go ahead and reroll yourself an altmer. You could even switch between the two to stop the journey to level cap being such a bore.
    Edited by NinjaMyk on November 7, 2015 12:20PM
  • Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    Scora wrote: »

Yea dude they are adding a race change dont do it!
  • zydrateanatomy
    In most MMO's, I figure that a character getting to max level pretty much cements their place on my character roster. I can't bring myself to delete that many hours of work and progress. Hell, I haven't even reached 50 yet and I feel this way towards my level 37. I've just done too much.

So, no. Not really.