Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Node/Mats lvl after patch?

winterbornb14_ESO
winterbornb14_ESO
✭✭✭
I just read the patch notes and saw nothing to clarify this so can someone please do so.

When harvesting in Orsinium will the mats you receive from the node be determined by the harvester's crafting level or the adventure/zone lvl?

Can we still have lower level crafting alts or are we forced to grind our mains into master crafters just to harvest?

Thanks.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting nodes will scale to whatever level PASSIVE SKILL you have in each crafting tree:

-Metalworking in Blacksmithing
    -Woodworking in Woodworking
    -Tailoring in Clothier
    -Solvent Proficiency in Alchemy

Enchanting is another thing since they don't want you to get loaded with Repora runes from the get go, so those are still "rare" (as in you're going to get 999 Kuras before you get even 1 Repora).
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So its true they just killed all low level crafting alts, WTF is wrong with this company? : (
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So its true they just killed all low level crafting alts, WTF is wrong with this company? : (

Supposedly, this material scaling only applies in Orsinium, you can still harvest mats the same way in the other zones.

It would be really really dumb to make it impossible to farm lower level mats in the other zones. In particular after they made all those changes so you could farm lower level mats. Back when the game first launched, a lot of nodes (animal skins and provisioning in particular) were tied to your crafting level not where you were, and that was changed back in 1.4/1.3.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You also have to remember that Orsinium scales to your level.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Supposedly, this material scaling only applies in Orsinium, you can still harvest mats the same way in the other zones.

It would be really really dumb to make it impossible to farm lower level mats in the other zones. In particular after they made all those changes so you could farm lower level mats. Back when the game first launched, a lot of nodes (animal skins and provisioning in particular) were tied to your crafting level not where you were, and that was changed back in 1.4/1.3.

@Nestor Just so you know, scaling crafting nodes also works in Cyrodiil.

@Winterborn_rippb14_ESO I am also sad like you. I have a crafter who is VR2 (so thankfully not super low level) but I almost never play her.. and focus on my main or new alts I have. I wish they would have scaled it to character level :(
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@Nestor Just so you know, scaling crafting nodes also works in Cyrodiil.

I never really noticed crafting nodes in Cyrodiil.....

Then again, I am hardly ever in that zone. It makes sense that this would apply in any battle leveled zone. I am just glad it does not in all zones.

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of the problems I'm seeing is that a couple of times while getting a node in Wrothghar, I would receive a low level mat out of one of the nodes. For example, finding a Rubedite node and getting Iron Ore, or Maple out of a Ruby Ash node. And before you ask, I'm 10/10 and a max level crafter in Blacksmithing, Cloth, and wood.

Also the enhanting crafting writ wants me to craft a Superb glyph of something, but I've searching dozens of Potency runes and have not found a single V15 or 16 rune. About the best I've received is V14 stuff (Kura's, etc.). How do they expect us to do the writs if we can't get the mats?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that is intended that you only have a "chance" to get the mats at your crafting level. Does not make a lot of sense, but it is intended

From Comment 11 of the Patch Notes

Note: At the highest passive ranks, you still have a chance to obtain materials from the previous tier.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/227778/pc-mac-live-patch-notes-v2-2-4

• Markaeus
    Markaeus
    ✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »

You also have to remember that Orsinium scales to your level.

^^ This is incorrect.. Orsinium doesn't scale to the character level.. the character scales to the level of Orsinium.. as does Cyrodil. You get 'battle leveled' to the zone with this one.. My level 3 guildie was just running around with me in Orsinium, and was scaled up to a higher level.
    That being said.. Crafting Harvest nodes in Orsinium scale to your crafting level set by the passives..

From Patch Notes:

"Crafting Node Scaling

Raw materials in Wrothgar will look like (and drop) materials based on the peak of your aptitude in the craft they are associated with. This applies to Woodworking, Clothing, Enchanting, and Alchemy Water in Wrothgar.
    For example, if you have Metalworking 9 and Woodworking 1, you will encounter Voidstone Ore and Maple Wood in the wild since your Metalworking level is high, but Woodworking is of a lower level.
    If your tradeskill mastery is sufficient to work in Rubedite, Ruby Ash Wood, or Ancestor Silk, you will have a chance at encountering them in the world.
    Hide that is normally provided by an animal will scale to the Tailoring rank of the player character looting the animal. This is to ensure everyone gets materials they can use, at any level.
    Player characters in a group with differing ranks in Tailoring will all get different levels of hide."

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, Battle Leveling is a forced thing now?

Screw that sh**, I want it OFF.
  • Markaeus
    Markaeus
    ✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Wait, Battle Leveling is a forced thing now?

Screw that sh**, I want it OFF.

Well then turn it off.. :) it's an option that is available..
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding mats. Tonigh I looted 20 rough ruby ash from a heavy sack in Cyro. Refined into 15 sanded. That was after I bought the DLC, so I don't know if that's possibility for others too, but my guess would be it's base game patch thing.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No way in hell are we buying the DLC now and we are not going to bother crafting much anymore.

It is honestly sad that I think this is by design.

Can we get refunds for all the mats/gold etc. we invested in our crafting mains, if not then Zo$ can take a flying leap if they think they will get any more money from us.

Sorry to sound mad but all the time invested in our crafting mains is something we are NOT going to do again.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can perfectly well harvest in Orsinium with lower level main crafter. E.g. if you have level 30 crafter and it has max points in crafting, just go to Orsinium! The crafter will be battle-leveled there and can kill monsters. It will harvest a mixture of e.g. void bloom and ancestor silk, assuming it has 10/10 points in tailoring skill.

So, level 30 crafter is as good farmer in Orsinium as vr16 is, if they have equal amount of points in crafts. You do not have to level up your crafters. Just make sure they have a decent build. With this i mean that level 30 crafter should manage fighting against level 30 mobs.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They are Vr1 and have all their points spent into crafting since they are master crafters in all skill lines.

At the very least its a re spec and dropping all but maybe 2 or 3 crafting lines then playing a character we don't want to play.

We harvest with our mains only because we like playing them, to be forced into playing a character you made into permanent crafters because you hate playing simply sucks.

Oh well other games are just about out.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @winterbornb14_ESO - I personally feel that this i some payback for the people who have invested valuable skill points into crafting and many hours, days, months and even years learning traits...

Way to go Zenni....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• ManicDee
    ManicDee
    ✭✭
    People seem to be confused. The quoted patch notes say that crafting mats are levelled according to your crafting skill.

"Battle levelling" is also in action.

This means when you bring your VR2 alt into Wrothgar, you're fighting VR16 NPCs and picking up VR2 level gear, farming VR2 mats from nodes, etc.

As an example, wandering around Wrothgar with my friend, we're both VR16, but I have the crafting skills trained to max and she's dropped back a rank so crafting writs are for Voidstone/Voidbloom/Shadowhide. I see rubedite ore nodes, but when she looks at them she sees voidstone.

When I wander around with my VR2, I see different ore nodes because that character is not trained as well.
    Edited by ManicDee on November 7, 2015 10:40AM