The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

mouse cursor invisible

reklaw27
reklaw27
Soul Shriven
So, most of the time when I start ESO, the mouse cursor is invisible. From looking at an older thread I found that this was related to being in "full-screen mode." I like to play in full-screen (more immersive to me, better fps). Right now I am using GeForce experience to configure ESO to start in windowed mode and then change the setting to full-screen in game. Then it works fine, but it is kind of annoying as a work around. Is there any permanent fix? Thank you for any help.
  • Intervein
    Intervein
    I've seen issues with the "pointer trail" and Windows 7 magnifier were the culprits.

Pointer trails can be disabled by Start > Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options tab. Uncheck "Display Pointer trails." Windows 10 may list this under Ease of Access > Mouse Settings or under All Settings > Devices. I haven't messed with finding it on Windows 10 yet.

If you're running Windows 7, where one of my customers had a similar issue: The mangifier can be found by Start > All Programs > Accessories > Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center. Click "Make the Computer Easier to See", Uncheck the "Turn On Magnifier". All other Windows versions should be similar Control Panel > Ease of Access, etc should lead you to the Magnifier setting.

Hope that works for you.
    Usually found in Tech Support somewhere.
  • reklaw27
    reklaw27
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks! I'll give it a try. I appreciate your advice. :smile:
  • reklaw27
    reklaw27
    Soul Shriven
    Unfortunately, my "Display Pointer Trails" box was already unchecked, also "Turn on Magnifier" was already unchecked. I'm still running into the issue. Any other suggestions appreciated.
  • Intervein
    Intervein
    Let's try something else, @reklaw27

The next logical step would be to check if your graphics drivers are up-to-date, as well as running Windows update for good measure. You will also want to confirm if the game is running the latest DirectX version (this will come up in Windows Update, if you do not have the latest version.) You may find out what DirectX version ESO is attempting to use by manually going to the following folder:
    C:\Users\"Your username"\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live
    In that file you find a text document called, "UserSettings.txt". Open it with Notepad. There will be a line that reads:
    SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D11"
    or
    SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D9"
    If it reads as D3D9 change it to D3D11 and give it a whirl.

I hope this helps!
    Usually found in Tech Support somewhere.
  • reklaw27
    reklaw27
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks again for trying to help. Unfortunately, it was already set to D3D11. I tried updating the drivers and still no dice. It isn't what I wanted, but "Windowed Fullscreen" seems to fix the problem. So I'll stick with that until I can find a permanent fix. Thanks again for trying.